Eclipse - Concierge or Aqua Class

goody1

Hi,

I'm looking for opinions on the following: My wife and I are intending going on the Eclipse next July and are torn between booking a Concierge Class or Aqua Class cabin. This will be our 4th Celebrity Cruise, however the previous 3 have been outside cabins with no verandah.

For those of you who have tried both, I would appreciate your advice. Thanks..

Hi,

I'm looking for opinions on the following: My wife and I are intending going on the Eclipse next July and are torn between booking a Concierge Class or Aqua Class cabin. This will be our 4th Celebrity Cruise, however the previous 3 have been outside cabins with no verandah.

For those of you who have tried both, I would appreciate your advice. Thanks..

Many have commented on this before. Aqua Class, it's a no brainer!!

I agree, Aqua Class. Breakfast in Blu is superb. Excellent & very prompt service, quality food that is hot, love breakfast in Blu.

To compare the MDR and Blu for breakfast is like comparing Denny (MDR) to an upscale restaurant (BLU).

Dinner is very good also. The French Onion soup is full bodied, smothered with cheese and very delicious. Never had French Onion soup on a ship that was even close in quality as Blu.

Stan:cool:

Other than Blu, I don't see any reason to spend significant dollars on either CC or AQ. Cabin sizes are identical, and the 'benefits' are honestly not worth that much.

Having said that, I have seen both classes selling for less than a standard balcony cabin. I would pay more for AQ but not a ton more. We really like dining at larger tables and on our next cruise we decided to just go with the MDR. We dine alone together almost every night so it's fun for us to meet new people and we have found that dinner is a great way to do that.

Remember with AQ you also get free bottled water, free access to the Persian Gardens and a really nice massaging shower. Is this worth significant dollars? Guess it depends on what one considers "significant dollars". My price difference on a 7 day cruise is about $300. About $500 on a cruise of 10 days or longer. Others may be higher or lower., but to each his own. We all know our own level of comfort.

Thanks to all for your answers. Like Cathycriuses, we also like to sit with new people at dinner each night. If Blu is mainly just tables for 2 or 4, then I think we'll forego the Aqua Cabins and eat in the MDR.

Thanks to all for your answers. Like Cathycriuses, we also like to sit with new people at dinner each night. If Blu is mainly just tables for 2 or 4, then I think we'll forego the Aqua Cabins and eat in the MDR.

In MDR if you are on a large table you will sit with the same tablemates everynight; where as the tables for 2 are so close together you can have a conversation(if you want) and you will get different neighbours every night.. Best of both worlds

Another thumbs up for Blu and little tables!:D

In MDR if you are on a large table you will sit with the same tablemates everynight; where as the tables for 2 are so close together you can have a conversation(if you want) and you will get different neighbours every night.. Best of both worlds

Unless they choose Select. There are some larger tables (not many) in Blu. I've seen many turn a two top to a six top.

I agree. My wife says that I'm anti-social, but I would rather sit at a 2-top next to other 2-tops, rather than one big table. That way, you can chat with people at the next-table-over if you feel like it, but you aren't "forced" to converse with them, like you would be at a large single table.

I know you CAN talk to the folks on either side of you, but it felt awkward since we never knew if they were wanting a romantic dinner a deux or wanting to be friendly. We have always had great luck with our tablemates, always ask for a table of 8, and frequently are the last to leave the dining room 'cause we're having so much fun! We missed that camaraderie on our AQ cruise.

Archived