Upgrade at check-in

aearly

Greetings,

It has been years since I've been on this website, however I think I might take my first cruise in a long time in two weeks on the 3-night Paradise sailing from Long Beach.

Out of curiosity, are upgrades offered at check-in? I'm not looking for a freebie, more of an "up sell" to a suite at a discounted rate.

Also, would anyone happen to know the average age on these things? Would a couple in their mid 20's be completely out of place?

Thanks!

Carnival says in their FAQs they sail full, dont ask.

Sometimes prior to the cruise, upsell dept starts calling folks if the cruise isnt selling that well. .. rather than reducing all prices, they do upsells, freeing up lower priced cabins to resell.

From Carnival:

How do I request a upgrade?

Carnival has made selecting the cabin location you want more affordable than ever. Assigning your cabin as early as possible ensures you get the best locations available. Opportunities to purchase an upgrade in your accommodations are available prior to the sailing date, subject to availability. Please contact Guest Services at 1800-438-6744 ext 70382.

Note: We cannot accommodate requests for upgrades on the day of sailing as we sail at capacity.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/faq/default.aspx?icid=CC_Header_466

:)

Archived