Redeeming a Future Cruise Certificate online?

I Luv Crusin

I just booked a cruise with a travel agent. My FCC I mailed to Carnival, but I heard you can now do it online. I found the page but when I try to enter the requestor I keep getting an error message that says, "Please enter only alphabets in Name".

Has anyone successfully entered their FCC online? Should I just mail it in?

Thanks!

DD submitted hers about 10 days ago. Just put in last name in the space in question. She had an email confirmation this morning & the credit is showing on their booking.

Also, they booked their cruise in February, decided to try submitting the FCC purchased earlier this month on the Conquest. It worked, the cruise isn't until next summer & all they have paid is their $250pp ES deposit. The guy at the FCC desk told us it would not work. They decided to purchase one & try it. Guess they were lucky.

My DW does this by phone with the department who does this & after proper ID just provides the certificate number & awhile later the $100 price reduction appears as does the $100 credit on our Cruise Manager.

Beats the heck out of sending it in by certified mail for $5+ !

This program IMHO is a super deal !

And we are stock holders for another $100 OBC.

Life with CCL ain't bad.

After reading this thread, I checked to see whether my FCC had been posted..I had sent the info online 2 weeks ago and it showed up today on "Manage my Cruise" Woohoo!

Could you please tell me where in "Manage my Cruise" you found the OBC? I e-mailed our FCC last weekend and have heard nothing, other than "An Email has been successfully sent across with the required details".

Thanks.

I just booked a cruise yesterday and was given the link to redeem my certificate but it wouldn't work when I hit submit, nothing would happen so I called and was told I had to use Internet Explorer. I hung up and tried that but had the same problem so called again and they took all my info over the phone and submitted for me. I was told it would take about 10 business days to see it show up. When they were asking me for my info, they just wanted my first name on the first name box and then first and last for certificate name.

Mine wouldn't go through until I used IE and put it in "Compatibility View". It's under the tools menu - learned about this from this thread.

It's been a while since I submitted mine but I believe for the name I used my first initial and last name with no punctuation or spaces, or ran the whole thing together. I think the space is what throws it off.

Once it books to your account it shows up under My Billing. There's a line towards labeled "PROMOTIONAL ONBOARD CREDIT"

:D

• 3 months later...

Tried in Chroma and Firefox...and nothing happened then I found the note about using IE in Compatibility mode and it worked...

Glad the search mode worked so I could find this thread

I just booked a cruise yesterday and was given the link to redeem my certificate but it wouldn't work when I hit submit, nothing would happen so I called and was told I had to use Internet Explorer. I hung up and tried that but had the same problem so called again and they took all my info over the phone and submitted for me. I was told it would take about 10 business days to see it show up. When they were asking me for my info, they just wanted my first name on the first name box and then first and last for certificate name.

This was my experience a couple of weeks ago.

Entered ours on line using all the recommendations from CC and it went in just fine. Email 5 days later telling me it was entered. Check on-line and sure enough it is there!!! Wow saved me $5 and the extra waiting time. I used my first name in requestor. Is it time to go yet? Can't wait alto a little concern with all the incidents happening on the Triumph!

Archived