AMA Waterways Coffee Question

newfirsttimer

I am on AMA Amadante right now- moored in Banburg, Germany - the ship is perfect in every way......EXCEPT the only decaf is instant!!Pity, as the expresso machine actually makes a decent coffee. I brought my own travelling plunger and decaf grounds. There is boiling water 24 hrs a day in the lounge.

Unlike France and Italy, I have found it hard to get decaf expresso in German cafes on this trip.

I am on AMA Amadante right now- moored in Banburg, Germany - the ship is perfect in every way......EXCEPT the only decaf is instant!!Pity, as the expresso machine actually makes a decent coffee. I brought my own travelling plunger and decaf grounds. There is boiling water 24 hrs a day in the lounge.

Unlike France and Italy, I have found it hard to get decaf expresso in German cafes on this trip.

Thank you for this information, it is what I expected. Instant seems to be the only way to get decaf and I was soooooo looking forward to a decaf capuccino from the machine! Hope you are enjoying your cruise, we are doing PRague to Paris in Sept. on Amalegro.

Tetons, Shoshona's suggetion for bringing your own decaf tea is a good one. There are 24/7 machines that dispense the most wonderful hot chocolate. So good after returning from the Christmas markets or in the morning before you start out. There is a selection of teas next to the machine just can't remember if decaf was there. See you in Dec. Pat

Archived