Suite confussion on Equinox

Cooso

Hi Everyone

We've booked an S2 suite on Equinox next year for our honeymoon.

I'm really confused as to what we get though. The more I read about the other classes (especially Aqua Class) I can't help thinking we've picked the wrong class! Do we get a healthier choice of room service and free smoothies? What do we get apart from a Butler?

I hope someone can enlighten me and reassure me that it will be worth all the extra money we've spent!!

Yes, suites can get fruit smoothies and fresh squeezed juice via room service for no charge. The butler can also bring you espresso based coffees to your room for no charge. You will receive a dinner for two in the specialty restaurant of your choice (they recommend paying a $5 per/person gratuity when you use your complimentary meal). You receive upgraded linens, toiletries, foot stools for your loungers etc. (i.e. all the Concierge Class perks). You do not receive some Aqua Class perks (i.e. no complimentary bottled water, no massaging jet panel in your room, no Persian Gardens access and no dinner in Blu - unless space is available and you pay a $5 per/person fee). You can dine in Blu for breakfast for no charge.

Thank you. So is it worth all the extra we've spent? I didn't realise there were so many different options when we booked the suite! Obviously didn't do enough research!

Well, the main difference is the larger room (and the butler, whose service is of questionable value). If there is a big difference in cost between your S2 and an AQ, I would reconsider. To me it might be worth a few hundred dollars per person, but YMMV. We have had a suite before but I really didn't think it was worth the upcharge. . .a sky suite is not a 'suite' as you may think of it, just a slightly larger room (I believe 300 sq.ft. vs 194 in all the balcony staterooms). You do get a bathtub.

If you could find an AQ stateroom with the larger balconies 'on the hump' that may be an ideal compromise.

Thank you. So is it worth all the extra we've spent? I didn't realise there were so many different options when we booked the suite! Obviously didn't do enough research!

It is hard to advise someone if it is worth it or not, because the answer would be different for different people - some people enjoy being catered to by the butler and/or having a larger stateroom. Other people find little to no use for the butler and do not spend much time in the room, so the size of the room does not matter much to them.

Factors to consider:

*What is the price difference between the S2 vs. AQ vs. a regular balcony stateroom? Also how much extra is an S1? The S1's are more roomy and you receive a large porthole window in addition to the balcony.

*How long is the cruise?

*Are any AQ or regular balcony staterooms available on the slanted portion of the hump (i.e. 1610 on the Penthouse Deck for example) - as these have large balconies.

*How much time do you think you'll spend in the room?

*How much do the perks appeal to you? Does having a butler seem like something you'd utilize much?

For me, I would not pay too much extra for an S2. As Cathy mentioned they are only about 100 square feet larger than a regular balcony room. I do not spend too much time in the stateroom and I rarely used the butler when we had a suite. My wife however got more enjoyment out of the suite then I did.

ALL SS2 balconies are locted on the corner aft of the ship. Beautiful views of the wake of the ship and also the side. They are very nice and bright as the have the double slider door to the deck in the back of the cabin and a very large porthole view on the side. Much more storage room then any other kind of balcony (other than a larger suite) Enjoy, you should love it!

Hi all, just a quick clarification that the S1's are actually the suites located on the aft corners. The S2's are located just under the overhangs that extend out from the pool area and buffet. We were in S1 7307 in November and loved it. We never had an issue getting a table at Blu and ended up eating there on 7 of the 10 nights. The extra space was wonderful although we've never utilized our butler for anything other than maybe a shoeshine. Have a great trip!

ALL SS2 balconies are locted on the corner aft of the ship. Beautiful views of the wake of the ship and also the side. They are very nice and bright as the have the double slider door to the deck in the back of the cabin and a very large porthole view on the side. Much more storage room then any other kind of balcony (other than a larger suite) Enjoy, you should love it!

As T&T pointed out. it is the S1's that are on the aft corners and have the large porthole. No porthole for S2's and the rooms are about 60 square feet or so smaller than the S1's. Smaller balcony on S2 as well vs. S1.

Here are some pictures of S1 #7356 on Equinox:

Me lying in the Porthole; at night I'd put some pillows in there and look out at the stars.

232323232%7Ffp63276%3Enu%3D3285%3E%3B65%3E466%3EWSNRCG%3D35584366%3C332%3Bnu0mrj

Our Balcony.

232323232%7Ffp63388%3Enu%3D3285%3E%3B65%3E466%3EWSNRCG%3D35584366%3C%3A32%3Bnu0mrj

Party we had as we sailed away from our last port for some Cruise Critic friends.

232323232%7Ffp6339%3B%3Enu%3D3285%3E%3B65%3E466%3EWSNRCG%3D35584478%3B%3B32%3Bnu0mrj

• 3 weeks later...

We have already reserved an S1 for a Transatlantic with Equinox in November 2012. We were told by a rep that if there are any specials or discounts that come along in the meantime (15 months to wait) we would be entitled to them. What is the most efficient way to find out about these? ... through celebritycruises.com? .... through this site? ... through any other sites? Thanks in advance for any information

We have already reserved an S1 for a Transatlantic with Equinox in November 2012. We were told by a rep that if there are any specials or discounts that come along in the meantime (15 months to wait) we would be entitled to them. What is the most efficient way to find out about these? ... through celebritycruises.com? .... through this site? ... through any other sites? Thanks in advance for any information

There are websites (which we're not allowed to post) that track that information for you. Their reliability and promptness are open to debate. I think the best thing is for you to just go on the website and check regularly. Just remember this, however. Some price reductions you will find along the way MAY be for new reservations only.

But be aware that many of the most attractive specials are for "new bookings only" so in order to get them you would need to cancel your booking and make a new reservation, and hope that the stateroom you have doesn't disappear in the interim. Some travel agents allow you to cancel/rebook with no fee, others charge for this service, so factor that in, too, if you see a special price or discount your want to try for.

I think that in order to get the BEST deal, you have to be very proactive and check the X website daily. It takes about 5 minutes to go through the process. I saved a bundle and got a fantastic deal by just checking every day for residency/senior discounts. I know my online TA is not in business to be doing this for me and I feel I am earning my $250 OBC!

Archived