Wardrobe Question

motheroftwoboys

Packing today - first draft, no doubt lots of amendments to follow. Just checking - is it easy to get extra hangers or do I need to pack them? No doubt I am taking far too much as usual. Hope the wardrobe is capacious!

Which ship/what category cabin?

They can usually give you extra hangers.

Yes, you can ask for more, but I find that the closet is too crowded when you only use O's lovely heavy-duty wooden hangers as I prefer to hang all of our slacks, shorts and my capris to prevent wrinkling.

So for my own personal use, I always pack about 5-6 of those light weight plastic skirt/slack clip hangers they have in most retail stores. (I ask the check-out clerk to leave the garments on the hangers when I shop - they rarely refuse this request) For DH's heavier slacks, I use O's wooden slack hangers and double up with his coordinating shirts on the same hanger.

At the end of the cruise, I just leave the plastic ones behind.

Thanks so much for all of this. Will compromise and throw in a few plastic and clip hangers then rely on our (no doubt) lovely cabin steward. Weight (23kg) does not seem to be an issue. Have just checked my case and it is much lighter so obviously have not packed enough yet. ;) We are in an inside on Deck 8. Have travelled in cabins various Suite (small) through to inside, but we are Oceania virgins. I am beyond excited!

Thanks so much for all of this. Will compromise and throw in a few plastic and clip hangers then rely on our (no doubt) lovely cabin steward. Weight (23kg) does not seem to be an issue. Have just checked my case and it is much lighter so obviously have not packed enough yet. ;) We are in an inside on Deck 8. Have travelled in cabins various Suite (small) through to inside, but we are Oceania virgins. I am beyond excited!

I hope you'll enjoy your first Oceania cruise as much as all of us here do.

Warning - it can be addictive :D

Archived