second D+ amenitY?

I created an account for my daughter...she has the list for those who get one amenity. Her sole list has 25 items.

Of course my own 175 list has 60 items as does my 350 or more list. They are identical. That is why the suggestion to call the lists, "1st item" and "2nd item" is good. Our list that says 175 is NOT the list that those with 175 - 350 have to choose from. Our 175 list is irrelevant to their level.

I would have done a copy and past of the list but the copy feature won't work from the list.

Gina

:confused::confused: Now you really have me confused. :D:D

:confused::confused: Now you really have me confused. :D:D

Are you serious?

Simply...we can NOT see their list. We see 2 lists with our full choice on both lists - no matter what the title of the list is.

I have access to the lower level list through my daughter's account. She gets just one amenity. That list is the short list.

Gina

Are you serious?

Simply...we can NOT see their list. We see 2 lists with our full choice on both lists - no matter what the title of the list is.

I have access to the lower level list through my daughter's account. She gets just one amenity. That list is the short list.

Gina

I get that part, it's the short list that has me confused. Why should the list for your daughter be any different than what my list says at 175 cruise points, or your list for that matter? When you reach D+ you get to select an amenity from a list that should be the same for everyone whether you have 175 points or 349 points.

The list that Kathy provided us with had the amenities listed for 24 credits, 49 credits and 75 credits............but it was all on the same list.

I get that part, it's the short list that has me confused. Why should the list for your daughter be any different than what my list says at 175 cruise points, or your list for that matter? When you reach D+ you get to select an amenity from a list that should be the same for everyone whether you have 175 points or 349 points.

The list that Kathy provided us with had the amenities listed for 24 credits, 49 credits and 75 credits............but it was all on the same list.

Because the list DID change at 49 cruise credits. It increased. It still increases at 350, which is why our first list shouldn't say 175. It should say 1st choice.

When I reached 49 cruise credits I DID get to pick 2 items from a completely new list which had all the old stuff and more. It just wasn't as extensive as it is now. They have definitely improved the list in my opinion.

To change the subject - when I set up my daughter's c&A account on line today, I got this email. In it this was written. "Your new Crown & Anchor Membership Number is still: xxxxxxxxx"

Think about it. There they go with the contradictory wording. NEW number is STILL. If it's STILL what it was, it is certainly not a NEW number. LOL

Gina

Because the list DID change at 49 cruise credits. It increased. It still increases at 350, which is why our first list shouldn't say 175. It should say 1st choice.

When I reached 49 cruise credits I DID get to pick 2 items from a completely new list which had all the old stuff and more. It just wasn't as extensive as it is now. They have definitely improved the list in my opinion.

To change the subject - when I set up my daughter's c&A account on line today, I got this email. In it this was written. "Your new Crown & Anchor Membership Number is still: xxxxxxxxx"

Think about it. There they go with the contradictory wording. NEW number is STILL. If it's STILL what it was, it is certainly not a NEW number. LOL

Gina

I keep forgetting that it's the RCI IT department that we are talking about.:(

Are you serious?

Gina

So Gina If I understand you ;) Someone who only has up to 175 is only given a choice of 25 things which we can't see because we're at 350 + and have 2 identical lists from which to chose 2 things which are different from the things on the up to 175 list. Phew by George I think I get it. :D

To add to the discussion. I have made my choices in my profile for everything I'm entitled to but will as one poster has mentioned, be calling the D+ desk to confirm that they see what I see.

Feels like a game of "I Spy":eek:

So Gina If I understand you ;) Someone who only has up to 175 is only given a choice of 25 things which we can't see because we're at 350 + and have 2 identical lists from which to chose 2 things which are different from the things on the up to 175 list. Phew by George I think I get it. :D

To add to the discussion. I have made my choices in my profile for everything I'm entitled to but will as one poster has mentioned, be calling the D+ desk to confirm that they see what I see.

Almost. It's starting at 175 up to 350 who has 25 things to choose from. Remember It's a D+ list which starts at 175. At 350 it's 2 items from a list of 60 to choose from.

Ds and lower get nothing anymore as far as I know. That's those below 175.

Gina

Yes, make sure you call the D+ desk about your amenity choice. Our bottle of champagne on our last cruise magically turned into a canvas bag!

We will reach our 350 points on the 2nd leg of our Voyager B2B. Will we get the extra amenity on the 2nd leg? Another reason to call the D+ desk.

Rick and Deirdra

I've been on 4 cruises since I selected my amenities on line, and they only got it right once. :(

Gina

Yes, make sure you call the D+ desk about your amenity choice. Our bottle of champagne on our last cruise magically turned into a canvas bag!

R&D

And my four 25 ounce bottles (large) turned into 4 single serving bottles - ONCE - and once they didn't come at all. And another time I didn't get the welcome aboard basket. And another time I got no ammenity at all. It's funny in a sad sort of way. ;)

I WAS given the excuse that because my DH and I had different things selected, they didn't know what to do. "There was a conflict in the system" But on line it states that if there is a conflict between the two passengers in the room, the primary passenger's list with override. I am the primary passenger. This has all taken place on my favorite ship so we'll see what happens on my other favorite ship on my next cruise. I do have us both set with the same choices.

Gina

We will reach our 350 points on the 2nd leg of our Voyager B2B. Will we get the extra amenity on the 2nd leg? Another reason to call the D+ desk.

Rick and Deirdra

I knew the website selection thing was not yet ready for prime time.

If I remember Kathy's list correctly, on the heading where it says 49+ credits, it says something like "choose from this list, or the list above", the list above meaning the 24+ list. That's all the website is doing, merging the 2 lists and giving you the same choices for the first and second amenity. Ignore the labels that say 175 and 350, just think first and second amenity and it will be easier to understand.

Also, to confuse you even more, once you get to 525 points, you will then have 3 selections, and each selection will have about 75 identical choices, because they will have added the additional choices from the 525 list to all the selections. You will no longer be able to see the shorter lists you see now.

Hope that helps.

Almost. It's starting at 175 up to 350 who has 25 things to choose from. Remember It's a D+ list which starts at 175. At 350 it's 2 items from a list of 60 to choose from.

Ds and lower get nothing anymore as far as I know. That's those below 175.

Gina

Oops Close but no cigar:o

Also, to confuse you even more, once you get to 525 points, you will then have 3 selections, and each selection will have about 75 identical choices, because they will have added the additional choices from the 525 list to all the selections. You will no longer be able to see the shorter lists you see now.

I have a headache:eek:

If I remember Kathy's list correctly, on the heading where it says 49+ credits, it says something like "choose from this list, or the list above", the list above meaning the 24+ list. That's all the website is doing, merging the 2 lists and giving you the same choices for the first and second amenity. Ignore the labels that say 175 and 350, just think first and second amenity and it will be easier to understand.

Hope that helps.

Exactly! I understand.

Gina

Wine can do that. :) And there's a lot of wine to choose from on those lists.

Gina

Yeah, there's a Mondavi Cab on Kathy's list in the 74+ section. That's a very nice wine. Hope they still offer it by the time we get to 525. On a 7 day cruise, 3 bottles of that wine would save us about $200.

Bob

Hope that helps.

I get it..........just a very poor way of displaying it on the website. But, then we are talking RCI where the word "consistency" isn't used.

We will be eligible for our third amenity on our October 31 cruise and I get to go and see the LA on the cruise prior to that to make our selection. I do hope that he/she at least knows what list to give us.

Only sort of related question.

The gift baskets are a nice gesture but we basically threw the whole thing away. We did drink the single serve wine and the beer that came with it but basically threw the food contents away. I hated being so wasteful. I imagine for safety reason if one is left in the cabin they likely have to discard it. It did look nice when we first saw it- but we never ate any of the food.

Don’t get me wrong, as I noted, I think it is very nice of RCCL to do these baskets for so many passengers. If you look way back, I was one to never complain about the C&A gifts. Heck I even liked the blue photo frames. I have a stash of items and never complained as I guess at some point there can be used. In fact, recently gave a C&A hat to friends taking their first RCCL cruise. I was one to advise those who complained about the gifts to leave them or give them away. Food is different

I would never bother to try to give away or bring home any of the food.

I really don’t want the food basket? (The beverages - yes)

Am I alone on this?

M

Only sort of related question.

The gift baskets are a nice gesture but we basically threw the whole thing away. We did drink the single serve wine and the beer that came with it but basically threw the food contents away. I hated being so wasteful. I imagine for safety reason if one is left in the cabin they likely have to discard it. It did look nice when we first saw it- but we never ate any of the food.

Don’t get me wrong, as I noted, I think it is very nice of RCCL to do these baskets for so many passengers. If you look way back, I was one to never complain about the C&A gifts. Heck I even liked the blue photo frames. I have a stash of items and never complained as I guess at some point there can be used. In fact, recently gave a C&A hat to friends taking their first RCCL cruise. I was one to advise those who complained about the gifts to leave them or give them away. Food is different

I would never bother to try to give away or bring home any of the food.

I really don’t want the food basket? (The beverages - yes)

Am I alone on this?

M

We really enjoy the Welcome Aboard basket and all the goodies inside. Made for some nice snacks when we went ashore.

We really enjoy the Welcome Aboard basket and all the goodies inside. Made for some nice snacks when we went ashore.

HMMM. Why didn’t I think of that? Never considered taking the food ashore, but that is a good idea as it is all pre-packaged and sealed.

OK - is it too soon to change my mind? :)

Thanks, M

You're help was needed this afternoon. I'm not a drinker, but I was ready to open anything at one point this afternoon!!:D

Are you kidding?? It was more fun reading what you guys were posting..........It got me so confused..:p

Archived