Adding another guest?

ducklite

Our cruise has been paid in full for some time. We cruise in October. When I play with the DCL site, it appears that our sailing is far from full.

My mother mentioned yesterday that she always wanted to go on a cruise. (Who knew--in my 50 years this is the first time I've heard her say so!)

So now we're thinking it would be wonderful to take her along--we're in a 1BR with only three of us, so plenty of room.

The problem is that it's probably going to take me a few weeks to get her to commit.

How late can you add another passenger to your cabin? (Of course based on over all load factors on the ship, which I don't think will be a problem)

Our cruise has been paid in full for some time. We cruise in October. When I play with the DCL site, it appears that our sailing is far from full.

My mother mentioned yesterday that she always wanted to go on a cruise. (Who knew--in my 50 years this is the first time I've heard her say so!)

So now we're thinking it would be wonderful to take her along--we're in a 1BR with only three of us, so plenty of room.

The problem is that it's probably going to take me a few weeks to get her to commit.

How late can you add another passenger to your cabin? (Of course based on over all load factors on the ship, which I don't think will be a problem)

I think you could add another passenger, practically up till sailing date. That would assume that the capacity in the lifeboat that your room reports to is not full. You would need to ask DCL for an exact final count date for your cruise.

:)

Thanks Shmoo! Believe it or not, it took me 10 minutes to talk her into it. I had thought out every objection she'd have and laid the response on the table before she even had the chance to object.

I'm going to call my TA first thing to get her added. Hopefully we can get her onto our Palo reservation as well--we've got a reservation for three already, so adding a 4th shouldn't be a problem I wouldn't think. :)

Thanks Shmoo! Believe it or not, it took me 10 minutes to talk her into it. I had thought out every objection she'd have and laid the response on the table before she even had the chance to object.

I'm going to call my TA first thing to get her added. Hopefully we can get her onto our Palo reservation as well--we've got a reservation for three already, so adding a 4th shouldn't be a problem I wouldn't think. :)

Good luck! We're trying to add our DD and her BF to our already existing Palo ressie (going from 3 to 5). And there's no availability. :(

:)

Well, in the long run we dropped the idea. The cost to add her as an additional guest was over $1500 for a three might cruise. No, I'm not kidding. And it's far from a holiday week or anything like taht. Crazy!

By the time we add in airfare, insurance, taxes, tips, etc., she and I could do a cruise on another line for a week at the same price.

sorry to hear that ducklite, it was a really sweet idea. I would keep trying to see if the rate might go down.

my dad is in his 80's now & cannot travel, how I wished he would have cruised with us once. I'm sure she would love the trip & give her memories she will always cherish. I would keep checking, don't give up on the idea:D

Archived