Hoho bus info for London

Can you purchase a 3 day ticket or do you have to purchase a new ticket every 24 hours?

Thanks

Angela

IMHO, a 3 day ticket, if available, would be a large waste of money. One trip around to get the overview of London and then either use the regular bus system, tube, cab or walk to the sites you wish to explore.

Cheers

Can you purchase a 3 day ticket or do you have to purchase a new ticket every 24 hours?

Thanks

Angela

Angela, I was able to purchase a 48 hour ticket. The price difference between 24 hours and 48 hours was not that much more. Also, if you pick the dates for the tickets, they are even less. If you go off season, sometimes they give you the extra day for free.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi -

Just thought I would post an update since we just returned from London from our British Isle cruise out of Southampton. We purchased a 24 Hour ticket for the HO-HO bus and they said we could use it for 2 days. I really enjoyed it - but like others have mentioned - it was crowded (but that is expected on a sunny day with nice warm weather). Longest wait - 35 minutes.

It took about 2.5 hours for the "whole" circuit. We picked 2 places each day we wanted to "stop and explore" and then at night we took the Tube/buses to get where we needed to go. We did get "stuck" on one of the last buses that stopped before it made it to our last stop. At first I was frustrated but the driver told us the quickest way for us to get back (via public bus) - but the adventure did end up costing us another 5LBS to get back to hotel. The *free* Thames River cruise wasn't really worth the wait IMHO but maybe for others it would be. (It took about 1 hour to wait for the river shuttle).

I would recommend the Ho-HO Bus if you want to sit on top and get an overview of the City - if your planning to go to alot of places and get on/off more than twice a day - I would consider other options or at least be prepared to sometimes take the Tube/Bus to get to some of the sites.

• 1 month later...
Not necessary at all to purchase in advance..Just walkup and purchase as you get on even with a credit card..we used our Capitol One (no foreign fees)..just don't forget to add the fish n chips as they will offer it at that time...Enjoy !!

Thanks for advice. What is thr best Origional route. Yellow looks good and what one do you get the fish and chips

Alex

Archived