Transportation LAX to San Pedro Cruise Terminal

AukeBay

If you go to North American Home Ports | West Coast you will see extensive discussion of such transfers. There are shared shuttles, pre-reserved cars and taxis available. For 1 or 2 people, the shared shuttles will be the least expensive and the slowest.

Anyone have a particular recommendation for very reliable and reasonable pre- and post-cruise transportation between LAX and the San Pedro cruise terminal?

One option is a shuttle and a good one to consider is super shuttle. Their web site is http://www.supershuttle.com

A competitively priced private car service is execucar which is a subsidiary of super shuttle. Their web site is http://www.execucar.com

From each web site you can look up their Los Angeles offices and call them directly to get price quotes.

Keith

We arrived at the airport and there was transport arranged for us but we were not aware that there would be. So it was a lovely surprise.

We were taken to hotel where coffee and pastries were served while we waited for our ship to be ready.:)

Thanks for the quick response. I booked with Prime Time Shuttle for $16 per person each way. Very handy online reservation.

We used the same folks - quick, easy and convenient. Just be sure to have your reservation number handy at the stop just outside the terminal.

Thanks for the quick response. I booked with Prime Time Shuttle for $16 per person each way. Very handy online reservation.

We had booked them to take us to and from the port for our cruise back in December/January, and really regret it. We were sent an email confirmation that had the right info, but on the day of the cruise, the time for our pickup had arrived from our house, but no van. I called the company and was told that the driver was waiting for us at the "harbor." I said no, we were to be picked up at our house in the Valley and taken to the Port of LA. Apparently some behind-the-scenes conferring was done and we were told that a van will be re-routed up to our house, an hour late.

When we were off the ship two weeks later, we went to the shuttle pickup and went up to the PT rep. He looked at his list and said our name wasn't on it. I showed him the email confirmation we got after I had booked. He scratched his head, dealt with some others whose reservations were also screwed up. Finally he asked his office for a van for us. I was standing next to him and could actually hear the person on the other end arguing with him that we were supposed to be at our house where our driver was waiting. He said, no, they're standing with me right here at the port. It took some minutes of him trying to persuade this idiot that they had screwed up.

I used to work for a company that dealt with customer service and if we had made a mistake with a client...we would doubly make sure that we wouldn't make the exact same mistake again on the same order.

I have read some complaints in the past about this company, but had decided to try them anyway. Won't use them again.

Archived