Room Service

tigerdadky

It was my experience on my past cruises that the room service menus were very limited. I have seen several comments on foods they ordered from room service and it was things Id never seen on a RS menu. Any thoughts or comments from recent cruiser on the room service menu, and where could I find a copy of the menu.

I love Rye toast and marmalde. On Holland America I wrote the word Rye Toast and got it. I hope they will do that on Carnival, their only choice is white or wheat.

According to that menu that was posted above, white, wheat and rye bread is available.

They have taken the cookies and brownies off the menu but if you ask for them they will still deliver. On the Dream, you can order directly from the TV and it seems to arrive faster than if you call in your order. Difficult to ask for extras that way though.

Love the BLT after a night of drinking and gambling! Hubby loves the ham and cheese sandwhich and asks for extra pickles.

Don't forget to tip. They seem to remember who does or doesn't. Room service gets faster after a couple of orders when they know you tip.

Love the peanut butter and jelly....I know, really simple but oh, so good.

Have also had afternoon snack parties with our little nieces: cake, cheesecake, veggies. I think anything is special when eaten in your own cabin.

Tried room service for the first time on my cruise in June, and thought it was great. I wasn't expecting an elaborate menu by any means, but they had some items that definitely stuck out. The chocolate cake is absolutely delicious! So yummy and great for a late night snack. With a glass of milk of course. I also ordered BLT's with cheese quite a few times - always loaded with bacon and was very tasty! My fiance loved the roast beef & Brie cheese on baguette. Cheesecake was also very yummy!! My son loved having cookies and milk ordered to the room before bed :)

We did excursions in every single port on our last cruise and ordered breakfast to be delivered in our room 4 out of the 6 mornings...milk and yogurts were always room temp which was weird to me. For a couple days in the middle of the cruise any fruit we ordered was half rotted and barely edible. But...they deliver it in a timely manner and the convenience is nice. (Oh, and pastries and coffee were always just fine)

Nighttime room service - like others have said, it's mostly a sandwich menu and they are good! But be prepared to wait. We waited an hour or more both times we ordered room service at night.

Heres a link to the menu. I thought room service was great, although I wish hot breakfast was available.

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/menus/roomService.htm

I am so disappointed...on Holland America last winter we pre-ordered our breakfast and coffee every evening and ate on our balcony! Are you saying this is not an option??? :(

We have tried the Cheesecake from Carnival's roomservice and it is pretty tasty!:D

I find the RS Cheesecake to be better than the one in the MDR. Its got some kind of sour cream topping and then the strawberries on the side.

Apparently I have been missing out on the Room Service. Looking forward to trying it on the Triumph in September. What is the average wait for room service? And is it best to tip with your S&S card or cash? Thanks!

Wait times can vary normally 20 minutes or so, i always tip a couple of bucks with cash.

I ordered room service just about every night and my favorite was the blt. Yummmmmy. It hit the spot perfectly. On other cruises I have ordered the Beef and Brie and that was also yummmy. I did not care for the grilled cheese however.

Archived