5 ships in port at Juneau

baxley

I noticed that there will be 5 ships in port while we are at Juneau. Has anyone else had this experience? Did this affect your being able to take shuttle busses to Mendenhall ? Or were there too many people on the trails to the falls? Just wondered....

We had several ships in dock and it was my impression that many passengers had lined up excursions early, and they were the people in a rush to get off the ships, and wait for excursion transportation. Others got off to peruse the town. The early 9a.m. shuttle had about a dozen people on it. Vendors are selling the one-way or round trip tickets well before that.

There were 5 ships in port the day that I was there. I agree - the ships arrive at different times, so crowding isn't a problem. The main issue with having 5 ships is that one will have to tender. We were the last to arrive, but it was the Sea Princess that had to tender - maybe because it's a smaller ship?

Archived