Sharks

kam2718

I know Carnival doesnt offer any excursions that give you the chance to view sharks. But I just wanted to know if anybody has gone through a private company which lets you go into a cage and view sharks?

I am heading to St. Thomas, HMC, San Juan and Grand turks.

Naw, not really. I have looked/searched for the same thing. They have 'swimming with the sharks' type excursions, but those are all with reef/nurse sharks. I understand the only places to do good cage dives are on the westcoast, hawaii, mexican riv.

My sister and I are going to a Shark Encounter in Jamaica with Carnival in 3 weeks (it's at Doplhin Cove). First you go to Dunns River Falls and then to the Shark tank.

I know you're not going there...But if Carnival does it in Ochos Rios, I'm sure it there were places to do it, they would add it...Like the other poster said, amybe a west coast thing.

I did the scuba with sharks,,Bahamas back in late 90's,,,the guy feeding the sharks had a chain suit and it was THE best dive ever. Was Freeprt I think,,,Do it!
You can scuba with sharks through UNEXSO in Freeport, but they only do it on specific days of the week (not the one we were there for). We did their open ocean dolphin swim. :cool:

I don't think there are any sharks in the Caribbean you would need a cage for.

I've swum with a shark in St. Thomas, while Scuba-diving, but it was an unexpected thing. Quite thrilling.

I was also eye-ball to eye-ball, from about 10 feet away, with a black-tipped reef shark in Cayman Brac, and that was definitely thrilling. My husband was even closer, since I had my bulky camera setup with me, and swam slower than he did. My first thought was "If he wants my husband, all I can do is take a picture..." Luckily, he looked at my husband, and just swam past. (Narrow opening thru coral, so neither could move to the side.)

Archived