Honolulu Sunset catamaran cruise

nojoke

Have any of you experienced Hawaii visitors taken a sunset catamaran sailing in Honolulu?

I found 2 websites. One is Welakahao Outrigger Catamaran--and they sail from Waikiki. The other one is sailmakani.com.

We will be on the Golden Princess in December--docked at Aloha Towers--thinking about taking a taxi--is Waikiki close?

Any ideas will be appreciated! thanks!

We booked a sunset cruise on the Navitek

http://www.hawaiiactivities.com/us/hawaii/oahu/sg/2/ag/8430/

At the time, they offered free pickup and return to your hotel (Hilton Hawaiian Village in our case).

As a bonus, we had an Entertainment Book for Honolulu, so we got a Buy One, Get One Free coupon

We enjoyed ourselves immensely, and the view coming back in, just as it was getting dark was amazing

thanks a million for your sunset cruise information--I will follow it up. Also thanks for the heads-up on the Entertainment book. We love BOGO! You have been the only response to my question--so I reallyappreciate it!

We've done a sunset cruise a couple of times - absolutely love it! Of course it depends who else is on the cat as to how far you go out....the first time we did it all the passengers were happy to go out as far as possible. Second time there were a couple of nervous passengers on board so we stayed fairly close to shore - it was still great.

I still can't get over the colour of the water - deep indigo - and sunset beautiful.

If you just want a cruise with some cocktails. Ive done the Na Hoku II on Waikiki beach Not fancy just really good price to cruise around

It is out in front of the Outrigger Waikiki beach hotel

Your about 4 miles away prob 10 minutes by cab

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back and also did the Navatek sunset dinner cruise. The company is the same one that does the Atlantis Submarine trips in Oahu and Maui. [Not to get off topic, but we did this in Maui and loved it! If you have time, you might want to check it out also.]

Anyway, we did the Navatek on a Friday night, which meant not only did we get to see the sunset, but also the Friday night fireworks sponsored by the Hilton Hawaiian Village. We were picked up from our Waikiki hotel and brought by bus to the pier (sorry, I don't remember the number) which was very close to the Aloha Tower, so you may not need to take a taxi!

This boat, while a catamaran, is bigger than the open, more rocky catamaran you may be thinking of. It was enclosed (with outdoor viewing areas and an open top deck) and there was music and entertainment provided as a bonus. We enjoyed ourselves. If you'd like to look it up, the website is: www.atlantisadventures.com. Click on Oahu on the upper left, then on Sunset Dinner Cruises. Good luck!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Ref the BOGO in the Entertainment book - can someone comment on if the BOGO was for just the basic cruise - or if you could apply it to any of the more expensive cruises offered? Of course then I have to find out if the coupons are in the current book :-)

• 2 weeks later...

I just received the 2012 Entertainment Book this afternoon and it doesn't look like they have a coupon this year. The ones I see are for the Ali-i Kai and North Shore Catamaran tours.

If any one has any questions about something in the book I'll be glad to check for you.

Brian

We booked a sunset cruise on the Navitek

http://www.hawaiiactivities.com/us/hawaii/oahu/sg/2/ag/8430/

At the time, they offered free pickup and return to your hotel (Hilton Hawaiian Village in our case).

As a bonus, we had an Entertainment Book for Honolulu, so we got a Buy One, Get One Free coupon

We enjoyed ourselves immensely, and the view coming back in, just as it was getting dark was amazing

Just got back from our Carnival Spirit Hawaiian Cruise and we did the Navatek Sunset Dinner Cruise while in Honolulu and it was very nice! Being that it's in December the sun does set soon after leaving the pier (which was pier #5 and we docked at pier #10..we were told about a 5 minute walk; however, it probably took us about 15 at a leisurely stroll).

We did the buffet and it's nothing to write home about, but was better than the food on our Carnival Spirit! There was plenty of it too. One thing I thought odd was having canned pineapple; however, after being on Kauai I found out that Hawaii has almost no pineapple that they grow anymore and they import it in!

The staff was wonderful and the entertainment was nice. Of course we had a good group of guests on the boat and they participated well, which makes for a fun outing too!

There was room between tables so it wasn't bad in that respect; however, the chairs were side by side at each table so made for some cramped eating and sitting if your table was full (thank goodness ours wasn't).

We paid extra for the window seat; however, i don't know if I would do that again. I thought we'd be able to see the sunset from there and the fireworks and you can't. You need to go out on deck to view them both. I could see the skyline, which was nice..but I could also see it when out on deck to view the sunset and fireworks. Having the window seat did allow for a little more shoulder room though.

It was misting when we were sailing and the fireworks began early so by the time they let us know it was going on and we got out on deck it was almost over so didn't get to see much of that.

After the fireworks and after their show ended they announced the people celebrating anniversaries and had them dance and then opened up the dance floor. They did the various "line" dances and then did some sing-a-longs which was very fun!

All this being said, we had a great time. The other people at our table were very nice and it was an enjoyable evening. I consider this a "must do at least once" kind of excursion....especially if you can get discount tickets.

FYI, they take a picture of you and your group before you board and they do a very nice job of it. They don't just heard you through. They take the time to arrange you and try to make a nice memory picture for you, unlike many other picture taking they do before an excursion. I believe it was $25 for the picture. I wish I would have known ahead of time about this because I wore capris and I don't normally wear them and I didn't like how I looked in them. Had I known they were going to do such a good job, I would have worn some nice slacks and I probably would have bought the picture!

Archived