Just of the Majesty 07/29-08/01- my thoughts

Thanks very much for your review! Look forward to seeing your photos. We're sailing on Majesty for Christmas this year on the same itinerary (but visiting the ports the other way around) and your review was very informative.

The mini bar lady though.... what on earth?! Never experienced that kind of thing before!

Really enjoyed your review. Majesty was our first RC cruise together about eight years ago. It still sounds like a fun getaway ship. Glad to see they've added some new eating venues to make it even easier to get a quick bite.

Wish we lived in South FL and could do the short cruises. The high airfares fares are killing us in the Midwest, making it necessary to book the longer ones to get our money's worth. Glad to see that you can take advantage of your location.

Thanks again for taking the time once you got home to post so quickly. Those departing in the next few weeks will certainly appreciate your effort and advice.

We got on the day you departed and just got off Majesty yesterday. Hadn't been on her in a while. I agree about the music being so loud. We had to leave the buffet too. Was beautiful spread though.

We were in 4509, up front. Very noisy cabin! We were close to the anchor (CocoCay) and heard the ropes being let out and pulled in each time. Plus had a mystery noise that came through the vents on a regular basis. Not sure what that was.

Our wait staff was good as well, but found several of the crew to not be as friendly as I usually see.

C&A gifts were totally messed up.

But all in all, was a good cruise for what we wanted, just a quick get away. In all fairness, we booked very last minuet (didn't choose our cabin) so I can understand the C&A thing, but they never got it right. Gave up after a couple tries.

I just got off this ship one week ago, was the previous reader looking for the compasses for the 3 or 4 nite? I did the four nite cruise! I just wanted to comment that I never saw the mini bar lady, that's so strange and unbelievable....and I was in my room until at least 8:30 ish every morning.

I just got off this ship one week ago, was the previous reader looking for the compasses for the 3 or 4 nite? I did the four nite cruise! I just wanted to comment that I never saw the mini bar lady, that's so strange and unbelievable....and I was in my room until at least 8:30 ish every morning. Oh another thing, we only got two towel animals over the four nites also...:(

Thanks very much for your review! Look forward to seeing your photos. We're sailing on Majesty for Christmas this year on the same itinerary (but visiting the ports the other way around) and your review was very informative.

The mini bar lady though.... what on earth?! Never experienced that kind of thing before!

I'm not sure I will be uploading actual photos to this thread but I will upload them to picasa web album and then will share the link. Photobucket just takes too long and you can only post 6 pictures per post.

The mini bar lady came by around 10:30 day 1 and 2 and then was knocking on the door at 7:45 the day of disembarkation. We were up but we were showering and getting ready so I had to yell at her to "GO AWAY" cause she just kept on knocking and Shane was in the shower and I wasnt dressed yet. I did lock the deadbolt so she couldt just barge in on us again. This was the 1st time I had experienced this too, I didnt even know there was a designated "mini bar" person. I thought it was something the cabin steward took care of.

Thank You very much for the information on the smoking bars:)

No problem! It's getting harder and harder for us smokers to have our spots. We have to stick together!

Really enjoyed your review. Majesty was our first RC cruise together about eight years ago. It still sounds like a fun getaway ship. Glad to see they've added some new eating venues to make it even easier to get a quick bite.

Wish we lived in South FL and could do the short cruises. The high airfares fares are killing us in the Midwest, making it necessary to book the longer ones to get our money's worth. Glad to see that you can take advantage of your location.

Thanks again for taking the time once you got home to post so quickly. Those departing in the next few weeks will certainly appreciate your effort and advice.

Thank you!!

We got on the day you departed and just got off Majesty yesterday. Hadn't been on her in a while. I agree about the music being so loud. We had to leave the buffet too. Was beautiful spread though.

We were in 4509, up front. Very noisy cabin! We were close to the anchor (CocoCay) and heard the ropes being let out and pulled in each time. Plus had a mystery noise that came through the vents on a regular basis. Not sure what that was.

Our wait staff was good as well, but found several of the crew to not be as friendly as I usually see.

C&A gifts were totally messed up.

But all in all, was a good cruise for what we wanted, just a quick get away. In all fairness, we booked very last minuet (didn't choose our cabin) so I can understand the C&A thing, but they never got it right. Gave up after a couple tries.

What happened with your C&A gifts? We didnt even go to the welcome back party as it was at 10:30am.

Enjoyed your review and looked at your wedding pictures which were awesome.

Awww! Thanks! That was the happiest day of my life.!!!

I just got off this ship one week ago, was the previous reader looking for the compasses for the 3 or 4 nite? I did the four nite cruise! I just wanted to comment that I never saw the mini bar lady, that's so strange and unbelievable....and I was in my room until at least 8:30 ish every morning.

I think they were looking for 3 nighters but feel free to post the 4 nighter on here if you want to. :) The mini bar lady came by around 10:30 the 1st and 2nd day, but my table mates and other people said they didnt have the same issue.

Glad you had a good time. My sister and I were on the Majesty for a 4 day Juy 4th. I had to giggle when you said the loud thumping music was too much because you are old. My sister is 48 and I am 55 and we were dancing by the pool during the midnight buffet I am from the Jersey Shore and she is from Fort Lauderdale so we like to party hardy. We had a room like yours with the parallel hallway and we were lucky to have no noise, but I sleep with ear plugs......:D

Archived