mini bus to west bay?

Junebug1

hello all,

I was going to book an excursion to the beach thru NCL, but I don't want to stay 5 hours. has anyone ever taken the mini buses to West Bay? The Roatan tourism web site gave info about Taxis and mini buses.

Thanks,

June

Read the info here:

http://www.roatanisland.net/cruiseship.htm

Might help. But then you might be spending 5 hours getting to and from.

There is a mini bus route from French harbor to Coxen Hole that you can catch outside Mahoganey Bay (just under a mile from the port shopping area to the road).

hello all,

I was going to book an excursion to the beach thru NCL, but I don't want to stay 5 hours. has anyone ever taken the mini buses to West Bay? The Roatan tourism web site gave info about Taxis and mini buses.

Thanks,

June

We ended up doing a taxi (a mini van one) with 7 of us in our group. Most of the people will tell you it's going to be like $20 or $25 a person, but we wandered around for a few minutes, and found one for $10 per person round trip. They even included a tour guide (though she didn't really tell us much). They waited there for us for as long as we wanted to stay (which was only a couple hours because I am really fair skinned) and then we paid when we got back to the port.

Archived