LGBT Liberty of the Seas 10-29-2011 Transatlantic Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale (Pt2)

CC Help Jenn

We have no OBC. Our agent did discount the price, which they are allowed to do here but we have nothing else and will need the gratuities on the account too. Unfortunately, we are not able to have the RCCL card here in Europe, so no chance to earn OBC that way. Did get Diamond Balcony discount though. ;)

Corinne

Same situation here re OBC Corinne. Although did have $25 OBC for last May sailing from booking offer when RCI announced the new onboard booking bonuses in 2010.

We managed to get $300 obc as we booked this on a previous cruise - Trying to convince Tam that it must be spent in the Spa and not the bar - it's always a good way to start the cruise - as long as RCI have details of it.

While on Celebrity Solstice in May, we were back and forward to guest relations as it hadn't been applied to our seapass. Eventually it was applied on the last day - after various emails going back and forward to Celebrity and a couple of calls to our TA it got applied.

Mhairi

We have no OBC. Our agent did discount the price, which they are allowed to do here but we have nothing else and will need the gratuities on the account too. Unfortunately, we are not able to have the RCCL card here in Europe, so no chance to earn OBC that way. Did get Diamond Balcony discount though. ;)

Corinne

Same situation here re OBC Corinne. Although did have $25 OBC for last May sailing from booking offer when RCI announced the new onboard booking bonuses in 2010.

Corinne / Peter Intresting reading about your OBC I thought they were being stingy when they offered me $100 OBC but obviously not! for me though it will pay for the Tux hire :)

They also offered $100 on next years Navigator then because it was changed from Voyager also got another $100 so looking forward to $200 so thats my Tux and a night paid for :D so guess I shouldn't really moan.

Edited by mancmatt26

We have a total of $300 on board credit. Other than the email from shareholder benefits and a copy of our TA invoice, does it show up anywhere in the online reservation so that we can check to see if its correctly credited?

Marilyn, if you check back in hope that your family cruise is wonderful, both with the family all around you and the sights to be seen.

Donna

We got a discount from our TA and she always has a shipboard credit of even $50 waiting in our room. We have Visa points but now that they are enough for a caribbean OV for two, I will use it for a trip on the Allure. Need the free cruises now! Could not use shareholders of course because it is the only thing not combinable with anything and we used the balcony discount and also 2 certificates RCL gave us from a problem we had on the Majesty to make up for the bathroom problem for 2 days on a 3 day cruise.

We prepaid everything even the dinners we reserved so far in Chops. I would think our on board bill should not be more that a hundred or so unless we choose to go to a specialty more than we planned (which we probably will).

Well heading back from Tampa in a few minutes. Cannot wait to get home.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Joyce

We have a total of $300 on board credit. Other than the email from shareholder benefits and a copy of our TA invoice, does it show up anywhere in the online reservation so that we can check to see if its correctly credited?

Marilyn, if you check back in hope that your family cruise is wonderful, both with the family all around you and the sights to be seen.

Donna

Donna I hadn't checked my online reservations so just had a quick look but neither of mine state the OBC but as with you it does state it on the invoices. In April when I done the B2B on Vision I was given $50 OBC for each cruise and it was applied no problem. I will just take a copy of my final invoice to make sure they add it on board :D I'm sure someone with more experience will be able to answer if there is away of confirming OBC online:D

Edited by mancmatt26

We are cashing in $350 Visa Points, plus $50 from my Agent :D.

I like that!! I have the same from mine.;) Actually my agent paid for my whole cruise!! :D We can't use the shareholder's either but the balcony discount was great.

I got a note from the Concierge last week and as of then they did not know who the CD would be. I still have fingers crossed for Mike S but I don't think he is set on his future plans yet. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Edited by chucknmarilyn

Donna I hadn't checked my online reservations so just had a quick look but neither of mine state the OBC but as with you it does state it on the invoices. In April when I done the B2B on Vision I was given $50 OBC for each cruise and it was applied no problem. I will just take a copy of my final invoice to make sure they add it on board :D I'm sure someone with more experience will be able to answer if there is away of confirming OBC online:D

Matt, I don't know that you can confirm it online but the Guest copy of the reservation should show it if it's from Royal. Ones from TA's usually aren't shown anywhere.

We'll be boarding with $700 OBC! $250 from shareholder credit, another $50 from TA, and $400 from Royal Caribbean VISA reward points. Hopefully that will keep our onboard account to a minimum, since we've prepaid gratuities and most of our excursions are being done through independent tours.

Jo-Ann

JO-ANN....That is an amazing amount of OBC!! I'm sure you will have fun spending it....:)

Just popping in to say hello and goodbye as we are leaving shortly for our family cruise to the Norwegian Fjords. Family from Israel have all arrived safely and it was wonderful to be with all my grandchildren at once - a first for us!

They're a noisy bunch, so I think I may invest in some ear plugs!!

Back next Sunday. Be good!!

MARILYN.....Have a wonderful time!!!

Sandy looks like the drinks will be on you and George then.;). Wow JoAnn that is terrific.

Marilyn about a week ago,on the main RCL board they were discussing CD and Andrews was listed as the present CD for the Liberty but don't know if he will be there when we depart.

Gay

Gay, I think Leo Papa is the current CD. I just don't know if he'll bring us back across. A lot of times they start or end a contract at the beginning of a TA. Some of the CDs are better with all the sea days. I think Gordon W took her over but I don't know when they switched over. I like some better than others but sometimes it's nice to have a new one.

Edited by chucknmarilyn

We haven't cruise a lot to get to know all the CD's we had Kirk on the Radiance for 2008, and I thought he was ok but have had better ones in my opinion, yet read many like him.

We had Peter Bienfeld on the BOS in 2004 but don't know if he is still working with RCL or not, haven't seen his name listed.

Gay

Edited by Desert Cruizers

We haven't cruise a lot to get to know all the CD's we had Kirk on the Radiance for 2008, and I thought he was ok but have had better ones in my opinion, yet read many like him.

We had Peter Bienfeld on the BOS in 2004 but don't know if he is still working with RCL or not, haven't seen his name listed.

Gay

Kirk is one of our Favorite CD's, but he has left RCI for Azamara Quest and is enjoying every minute of it...

Gay, I think Leo Papa is the current CD. I just don't know if he'll bring us back across. A lot of times they start or end a contract at the beginning of a TA. Some of the CDs are better with all the sea days. I think Gordon W took her over but I don't know when they switched over. I like some better than others but sometimes it's nice to have a new one.
Hi Marilyn, I also think Leo Papa is the current CD. Gordon Whatman was the CD when we were aboard in May and I know he left in June. He didn't say he would be back to take us back across the Atlantic.

Like you say about starting or finishing a contract at the beginning of a TA. The Diamond Concierge we had Oana Popa (who was great btw) is finishing her contract on the 28th Oct and in May she didn't know who would be replacing her.

We'll be boarding with $700 OBC! $250 from shareholder credit, another $50 from TA, and $400 from Royal Caribbean VISA reward points. Hopefully that will keep our onboard account to a minimum, since we've prepaid gratuities and most of our excursions are being done through independent tours.

Jo-Ann

You have "good" mail. :)

I like that!! I have the same from mine.;) Actually my agent paid for my whole cruise!! :D I hear you Marilyn :D

Happy Sunday to you all...

We loved Graham Seymour and Gordan Whatman and the one that does the Evalution of Dance... [ his name slips my mind] but those 3 are amazing and so full of energy... I think it is important to have a good CD can make a lot of difference in the Quest and Love and Marriage games.

Still shopping..... :)

I like that!! I have the same from mine.;) Actually my agent paid for my whole cruise!! :D I hear you Marilyn :D

Happy Sunday to you all...

We loved Graham Seymour and Gordan Whatman and the one that does the Evalution of Dance... [ his name slips my mind] but those 3 are amazing and so full of energy... I think it is important to have a good CD can make a lot of difference in the Quest and Love and Marriage games.

Still shopping..... :)

Sherry: Richard Spacey is who you are thinking of and he is on Oasis now and still doing his dance and a wonderful job...We had Graham Seymour when he was still on Princess, his morning shows were not to be missed...

We've been away in Manchester staying with our son, DIL and GD this weekend. Now Beth is fast asleep and our DIL has gone off to work a night shift as a Paediatric nurse. We have had a lovely time with them and hope to see them once more in October before our 6 week trip away.

Tomorrow we have a 200 mile drive home, all busy roads. One job for this week is to get round to the Set Sail Pass. You all seem to be way ahead of us.

Corinne