LGBT Liberty of the Seas 10-29-2011 Transatlantic Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale (Pt2)

CC Help Jenn

[quote name='Joy_K']Thanks for all the welcomes and confirmation about ships time.

[B]Donna[/B] didn’t realize you had met Sue before. We have almost met her 3-4 times and it just never worked out. First time in 07 when they had to cancel a cruise, then we booked our first Celebrity just in time for them to stop smoking on balconies so we cancelled that one, then last year when we were in London found out they were at the Key Ceremony at London Tower the same night we were and didn’t know until later. I have emailed with her since 2007 on that first roll call.

[B]Sandy & Ben[/B], I think you probably met another of our friends at the Chicago meet the other week—Mary Kay.

[B]Jill[/B], I remember posting to you last year about enjoying vacationing several times in the 90’s in Indian Rocks/Indian Shores condos.

[B]Gay[/B], Thanks for all you have done to keep the group organized. I have been the spreadsheet keeper on previous cruises (with Bill's help), and know it is not an easy task. This one is so big I could have never kept all the list straight and worked too!

Hope everyone is having a great Monday. Four weeks from today we are headed to BCN![/quote]

Joy I sure did...........we really had a nice time.

Hi Joy, we are Corinne and John from Surrey in southern England. This will be our 4th TA, we love those 25 hour days. We sailed on Princess again recently to the Norwegian Fjords. We do love that line but the frequent cruisers' perks are just not as good as RCI. Edited by cinnamon

[quote name='sebritish']Glad Pete, Matthew, you had a good time with Mhairi and Tam, isn't it great to meet up before a cruise.

Back later have to have my breakfast :D[/quote]Yes Sherry, great to meet beforehand. Hopefully I will get the chance again soon.

[quote name='Joy_K']Thanks for all the welcomes and confirmation about ships time. [/quote]Joy, hope you found it helpful. Edited by peteukmcr

Hi JOY and TIM.....We are Karen and David from Maryland and I look forward to meeting you! We are very excited to be doing our first TA. Please drop by often to chat with us.....:)

GEORGE.....Safe flight home and I look forward to hearing about the trip.

PETE.....Those were great pics you posted on the other RC of the White Nights! Looks like fun!!

[B]Joy, [/B]Ive really only met Sue here but I feel like Ive known her a long time. This roll call has made that happen for many of us.

Discovered today that you can attach a magic jack to a computer and use the software on the magic jack and the mic and sound in the computer and make calls. You dont need to bring a phone. Worked from Charlotte to the beach. I think Bill had a small auxillary mic/headset going the last time he tried it. Now to figure out how to buy international minutes. I know it would be pretty unrealiable to receive calls but its not heavy and we were bringing the netbook anyway.

Donna

Joy thank you, this has been a great group to be with and so many have stepped forward in various areas to help make this probably the best Roll Call John & I will have been on. Actually this is only our 2nd one during our almost 5 cruises, so it has been challanging but have enjoyed being a part of it. I have made mistakes but along with everyones watchful eyes, they have kept me on the proper heading.:)

Gay

Just wondering if there are any FOD who might be interested in dining together during the cruise. We are a group of 4 traveling together. Looking forward to dressing up for dinner and enjoy a great time at a more civilized dining setting that we normally get. So anyone else looking to get a table together?

[quote name='paul1268']Just got these. Think anyone will notice? [URL]http://gallery.me.com/pnorcross#100139[/URL][/quote]

Love it!!!! Louder the better, lol.

Hey Samben, was so great meeting you both last week, can't wait to relax on board. Trip is so close now. Love this board and the calm, welcoming, friendly, funny people on it. Just sent my mom all my intenerary stuff so she knows all the gory details and can be my home port. Still need to call Verizon to set up international calling for the trip. Bought a luggage scale today, just did not want to risk the whole over weight, shuffle stuff at the check in desk drama!

Finally told my friends and family about this trip, didn't feel like being judged and thankfully no one gave me any grief. Only grief I am feeling is that my FAVORITE AND I SINCERELY MEAN FAVORITE group the Indigo Girls will be playing two shows right near my house while we are in the middle of the pond. And not in some big anonymous theater either, super small venue....Oy, it's killing me!!

Still no official word or diagnosis from Cleveland Clinic so today I bought a special medical bracelet that has a USB port on it and loaded all of my medications, surgeries, doctors and current diagnosis on it. Feels good to have a lil security blanket while traveling solo. The neat thing is the USB can be plugged into any mac or pc and they will be able to look up all my info. I don't plan on needing it but nice to have it.

Whatever happen to the bottles of Vodka on the wall count down????

[SIZE=6][COLOR=red]33 bottles of Grey Goose on the ground!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='091971Cruiser']Just wondering if there are any FOD who might be interested in dining together during the cruise. We are a group of 4 traveling together. Looking forward to dressing up for dinner and enjoy a great time at a more civilized dining setting that we normally get. So anyone else looking to get a table together?[/QUOTE]

Welcome back. I think it was Howard and Vic, right? Anyway, we have late seating with a party of 3 couples (us and 4 friends from DC who haven't posted except on FB). If you have been following the group here, I don't know how civilized we are going to be but you are welcome to join us.

[quote name='paul1268']Just got these. Think anyone will notice? [URL]http://gallery.me.com/pnorcross#100139[/URL][/quote] Paul, I think you'll just blend in :D

Pity ours don't light up!

[IMG]http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6164/6187733155_205151d463_z.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='091971Cruiser']Just wondering if there are any FOD who might be interested in dining together during the cruise. We are a group of 4 traveling together. Looking forward to dressing up for dinner and enjoy a great time at a more civilized dining setting that we normally get. So anyone else looking to get a table together?[/quote]Hi there, we're on MTD not sure if you are, but if so I'm sure there's always a chance we could get a table together at some point.

[quote name='hillcruiser74']Love it!!!! Louder the better, lol.

Hey Samben, was so great meeting you both last week, can't wait to relax on board. Trip is so close now. Love this board and the calm, welcoming, friendly, funny people on it. Just sent my mom all my intenerary stuff so she knows all the gory details and can be my home port. Still need to call Verizon to set up international calling for the trip. Bought a luggage scale today, just did not want to risk the whole over weight, shuffle stuff at the check in desk drama!

Finally told my friends and family about this trip, didn't feel like being judged and thankfully no one gave me any grief. Only grief I am feeling is that my FAVORITE AND I SINCERELY MEAN FAVORITE group the Indigo Girls will be playing two shows right near my house while we are in the middle of the pond. And not in some big anonymous theater either, super small venue....Oy, it's killing me!!

Still no official word or diagnosis from Cleveland Clinic so today I bought a special medical bracelet that has a USB port on it and loaded all of my medications, surgeries, doctors and current diagnosis on it. Feels good to have a lil security blanket while traveling solo. The neat thing is the USB can be plugged into any mac or pc and they will be able to look up all my info. I don't plan on needing it but nice to have it.

Whatever happen to the bottles of Vodka on the wall count down????

[SIZE=6][COLOR=red]33 bottles of Grey Goose on the ground!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]I like it Hillary and you're getting organised!

[quote name='paul1268']Welcome back. I think it was Howard and Vic, right? Anyway, we have late seating with a party of 3 couples (us and 4 friends from DC who haven't posted except on FB). If you have been following the group here, I don't know how civilized we are going to be but you are welcome to join us.[/quote]As mentioned we're on MTD so not we'd be able to mix it up with late seating as MTD is normally just on deck 5 which is a pity.

Not sure if anyone mentioned about cycling tours but there is a company providing these in Barcelona and Malaga (amongst many others) that maybe of interest (not to us I must say we're already set for Malaga). There are at least 3 bike tours in Malaga.

Let me know if you'd like the details as I doubt I can post on here. I have put it ion FB on this TA event page. Edited by peteukmcr

Just wondering if there are any FOD who might be interested in dining together during the cruise. We are a group of 4 traveling together. Looking forward to dressing up for dinner and enjoy a great time at a more civilized dining setting that we normally get. So anyone else looking to get a table together?

Hi Victor, how's you and Howard getting on?? Thought you'd maybe jumped ship and not doing this one anymore.

Peter - what about organising a specific night in the nightclub CC posters?

Mhairi

Sounds good, preferably on one of the 25 hour days!

Happy Birthday from me too, have a wonderful time.

Corinne

Edited by cinnamon

Hillary, Could you post what you find out about Verizon service? From what I was told/read they dont have a moderately priced plan that will work for us. We have 4 days pre cruise in Barcelona so the 21 day deal they offer would be very iffy getting the phone back by mail on time since we get back on a Sunday. Anxious to hear your experience. Oh, if you do find that deal will work. (I dont remember your pre cruise plans.) I read that the Samsung phone they offer is pretty unreliable and you can request one of the others and get it. My SIL who was born in UK says to get a throw away phone when you get there.

I remember from months ago there was talk of an afternoon place to meet up for tea. Correct me if Im wrong. Im remembering Windjammer about 3:30 on. I think a later night party venue would be a great idea. I dont know the bars, so cant make a suggestion.

Donna

sorry missed a few days doe to broken elbow. going for surgery 1 pm today. Fetting really nervous now. Was brave up until now. Using voice activation on dumb phone so will be back soon. Maybe tomorrow if I can numb the pain.

Joyce

Oh Joyce, your anxiety level must be sky high right about now. Hang in there and just let your doctors do their magic. This time tomorrow, this will be all behind you. Post when you can......:)

Joyce Good luck Today.

Something to make you smile

A cabbie picks up a Nun.

She gets into the cab, and notices that the VERY handsome cab driver won't stop staring at her.

She asks him why he is staring.

He replies:

'I have a question to ask you but I don't want to offend you.'

She answers,

'My son, you cannot offend me.. When you're as old as I am and have been a nun as long as I have, you get a chance to see and hear just about everything. I'm sure that there's nothing you could say or ask that I would find offensive.'

'Well, I've always had a fantasy to have a nun kiss me.'

She responds,

'Well, let's see what we can do about that:

1, you have to be single and

2, you must be Catholic.'

The cab driver is very excited and says,

'Yes, I'm single and Catholic!'

'OK' the nun says. 'Pull into the next alley.'

The nun fulfils his fantasy, with a kiss that would make a hooker blush.

But when they get back on the road, the cab driver starts crying.

'My dear child,' says the nun, 'why are you crying?'

'Forgive me but I've sinned. I lied and I must confess, I'm married and I'm Jewish.'

The nun says, 'That's OK.

My name is Kevin and I'm going to a fancy dress party.'

Hi,

Joyce good luck today...............

LOVE the boa's guys.

I think its a great idea for a get together in the disco!!!!

George welcome home..............

Hillary yes please let us know about Verizon as thats the carrier I have too.

31 BOTTLES of BLACK SAMBUCA!!!!

Edited by samben