LGBT Liberty of the Seas 10-29-2011 Transatlantic Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale (Pt2)

CC Help Jenn

Paul, the boa looks great, you will just blend in with the rest of the crowd!!

Joyce, good luck with the surgery, we're all pulling for a quick recovery.

Quiet day here at the beach, warm and humid with patches of rain. Writing a presentation on digital ham radio modes for a club meeting tonight.

Peter - what about organising a specific night in the nightclub CC posters?

Mhairi

Good idea Mhairi, I'll leave it up to the group to decide and perhaps you could set it up, especially as it has been suggested for one of the 25 hour days. Also have to take into consideration any parties organised by RCI like the white pool party. Edited by peteukmcr

Count us in for a get together in the disco. Let me know the details.

Mhairi unless I have it wrong I thought your birthday was the 29th?

George welcome home, looking forward to the photos and hearing all about the cruise.

Poor Joyce I feel so bad for you thank goodness you still have time to recuperate....how is your e-mail voice activate never heard of that? Our thoughts and prayers are with you for a speedy recovery.

Who cares about Pink Boa's when we have such flashy ones, and some light up wow how great is that.

SANDY I have a Verizon global phone that we use in Europe and just before we leave I pay the $4.95 for a months use and then cancel it when we return, it is about 99c per minute.

Off to the movies later....trying to finish work early

Count us in too for a party at the disco. Just let us know where and when....:D

Sandy.....Your phone has to be global-ready. Not all phones have the capability. Check out what you have to see if it's doable.....;)

Been thinking about Joyce. Hope she out of recovery by now and officially on the mend.

Just wanted to show you this..... I think you will remember Kyle my Grandaughter's BIL who was in that horrible accident in March, well miracles do happen... he was not expected to live and if he did would never be the same well they were wrong.... he is almost 100% just his arm that was badly burned is the only thing that may never be healed.. He now has a new baby boy born in August and here is their family photo....what an amazing thing.

275586_680167922_676099437_n.jpg Thank you all for your prayers....

Sherry and Ivo, what a wonderful picture of such a blessed family. So glad he is healing well.

Ok, here is my take on Verizon. I have a family plan with Verizon and I have a smart phone with email and internet capability. Each time I go accross the pond I have them put me on the global plan which provides me email, text and internet capabilities. I can't remember the price, but as a solo traveler it has been worth it's weight in gold. I always call Verizon a week or so ahead to give them the dates I will be gone, I usually pad an extra day at the end in case something goes amiss. So instead of being charged for Global Roaming the whole month I am just charged a prorated daily rate. Unfortunately I always forget how to do the special set up and take down configuration and have to call them from a different phone to have them walk me through it. I have always had good connectivity and learned to turn it off when not using it as the data transmissioon does get pricey. That way I just get data and sent it in bursts.

I have pretty decent Spanish skills but I am considering adding Google's English Spanish translator to my phone since we will have so many days in Spain.

Hope that help, Hillary

Welcome back. I think it was Howard and Vic, right? Anyway, we have late seating with a party of 3 couples (us and 4 friends from DC who haven't posted except on FB). If you have been following the group here, I don't know how civilized we are going to be but you are welcome to join us.

Well we are not so civilized but do like to get dress up for dinner. I really like sitting down to a table full of folks dressed up. Had a cruise a few years ago that when formal nights came up 4 others from our table did not dine in the restaurant. On the other nights they were dressing up if they put on a golf shirt. :eek: We are traveling with 2 others, would they have a table big enough for all of us?

My we have been busy so will miss a few of you.

George, WELCOME back. Sounds like you had a good time. Thanks for bringing us back to the NC with you humor (American spelling ;))

Sherry, sometimes miracles do happen :D.

Bill, I wish it was warm here at the beach. Been a cool summer.

Hillary, It's that good old high school spanish for me. Not sure what will happen.

As to that disco party....I thought it was every night :eek:.

The old DJ in me thought to share a few suggestions to get us in the mood. I have posted some favorite podcast dance mixes for your listening pleasure. A wide variety from 80's to Madonna all the time to very current. If you have a fast internet connection (large files) and an i-device, please download, copy into itunes and enjoy. Not all of you will like every selection and don't worry about stealing since these are publicly available for free. https://public.me.com/pnorcross

Welcome from Paul and Mark in southern California. First TA. We west coasters, including Gay, Mike and Mike keep this thing going around the clock :D.

About halloween and costumes, I just had it confirmed that a little group of 3 couples have picked some costumes that will ensure us membership in the NC, so yes, many of us boys will be dressing up even if it means getting some more luggage :(.

Sorry what is NC? We have costumes as well, hope they let us into dinner with our costumes on...

Sorry what is NC? We have costumes as well, hope they let us into dinner with our costumes on...

NC = Naughty Corner. Hopefully George can shed some light on this with his little stool. Let's just say we have all been bad at some point in the last year of this ;).

A little hint of the group costumes.

Pan-Am-TV-Series-cast.jpg.2afc2c217ef2f9441b059b0a8803d911.jpg

Just wanted to show you this..... I think you will remember Kyle my Grandaughter's BIL who was in that horrible accident in March, well miracles do happen... he was not expected to live and if he did would never be the same well they were wrong.... he is almost 100% just his arm that was badly burned is the only thing that may never be healed.. He now has a new baby boy born in August and here is their family photo....what an amazing thing.

Absolutely fantastic Sherry, thanks for sharing and continued best wishes for this great family.

Sherry, that is wonderful news that Kyle has made such a full recovery. A real answer to prayer.

Exhausted this morning as we were rehearsing till 11.25 pm last night. I have lots of concerns that we are underprepared with only 4 rehearsals left, but like a rollercoaster, once the ride starts there is no getting off. Oh well, lots of hard work before opening night in 8 days time!

Corinne

Sherry what a lovely photo and just goes to show miracles do happen.

Haven't been around for a while but I wanted to pop on and say hi and we are looking forward to meeting everyone very soon. Also I would like to wish everyone who is celebrating today, a sweet and peaceful New Year.

Sherry, so happy for your family, miracles do happen. We are looking forward to seeing you both on the 23rd:)

Sue

Sherry - what a lovely photo and really shows miracles can happen.

Victor - I think I could be up for that:)

Joyce - Hope everything went well with the op.

Glad to see your back George - keep the jokes coming:cool:

Corinne - I'm sure you'll breeze thro' it - Is it a one off performance??

Paul don't know if I could manage the disco everynight - my body just wouldn't allow it!

Such a beautiful family, and proof positive that miracles DO happen. Thank you for posting this happy BEGINNING to the next chapter of their lives.

Sherry, that is wonderful news that Kyle has made such a full recovery. A real answer to prayer.

Exhausted this morning as we were rehearsing till 11.25 pm last night. I have lots of concerns that we are underprepared with only 4 rehearsals left, but like a rollercoaster, once the ride starts there is no getting off. Oh well, lots of hard work before opening night in 8 days time!

Corinne

Good luck with the play! I'm sure it will all go wonderfully!!

Haven't been around for a while but I wanted to pop on and say hi and we are looking forward to meeting everyone very soon. Also I would like to wish everyone who is celebrating today' date=' a sweet and peaceful New Year.

Sherry, so happy for your family, miracles do happen. We are looking forward to seeing you both on the 23rd:)

Sue[/quote']

Nice to see you popping in here again!

Happy New Year to all who are celebrating!!

Sherry, what a wonderful picture and a miracle of recovery. Thank you for sharing.

Has anyone heard how Joyce is doing?

Hillary, thanks for the Verizon lesson. We dont have a smart phone yet and I promised myself I would try an iphone next. I think we may just miss the Iphone 5 introduction date for this cruise.

Donna

HI All,

OH Sherry that gave me goose bumps! WONDERFULl news and picture.

Happy New Year to all thats celebrating.......

Corrine good luck ..............I bet you're excited with only 8 more days until it opens!

OH I can't wait to see THOSE HALLOWEEN costumes! SHOULD we have a special place ready for you guys in the NC???

David and I would like to wish all of our friends who will be celebrating Rosh Hashanah all the best for a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year!
Ditto from Dave & I

Has anyone heard how Joyce is doing?

Donna

Joyce posted on the other roll call that surgery took longer than expected, bone is shattered and she was on her way back to the ER this AM because she is in so much pain...