LGBT Liberty of the Seas 10-29-2011 Transatlantic Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale (Pt2)

CC Help Jenn

Good evening everyone, hope you are all well. 14 days and it will be time for packing.

Talking of packing well, panic struck this morning.

I was convinced that the 44lb checked bag limit on the flight to Barcelona wouldn't be enough and that I'd end up paying excess charges. So spent the morning stuffing everything I think I am taking into the suitcase. That included tolietries, sun care, halloween stuff, shoes, and thank goodness it only weighed in at just over 37lbs so a bit of spare capacity there, which is good news because there will be something I've forgotten! All out again now as it will need pressing before packing properly on the 27th!

As for the cabin bag, with the documents, cameras, Netbook, chargers, reading glasses, and sunglasses, this already weighs 10.5 lbs and I only have 22 lbs allowance for carry on on the outbound flight! Luckily on BA on the return flight I have a 50lbs checked baggage allowance and the same for carry on!

Edited by peteukmcr

Oh my my countdown thing say's 6 days.... makes me nervous to look at it.... I have everything [well almost everything] ready to just go in the suitcases which we will not pack until Tuesday have all day for that...

Got my IPAD2 but having trouble getting on the internet as I cannot find my password... I tried everything and I had it somewhere and have turned my office inside out.... my son said he may have to reload my router or whatever... this is so frustrating...

Good Day Everyone,

Joyce how are U doing???

Thanks for asking Sandy. I am getting there. Last night I never went to sleep so today my arm is throbbing a little. Once I get feeling back into my fingers that will help. Therapy starts tomorrow and should be interesting. I take my arm out of the brace for showers and when I am just sitting to give my arm some air and my hand some releirf. It lands just before the fingers and my palm is all bruised from the end of the brace hitting there. Put it all together and I want to scream. However I am trying to do some stuff so I don't get completely stiff.

Just want to go already!

Joyce

Thanks for asking Sandy. I am getting there. Last night I never went to sleep so today my arm is throbbing a little. Once I get feeling back into my fingers that will help. Therapy starts tomorrow and should be interesting. I take my arm out of the brace for showers and when I am just sitting to give my arm some air and my hand some releirf. It lands just before the fingers and my palm is all bruised from the end of the brace hitting there. Put it all together and I want to scream. However I am trying to do some stuff so I don't get completely stiff.

Just want to go already!

Joyce

OH Joyce I hope it gets better for you!!!!

Good evening everyone, hope you are all well. 14 days and it will be time for packing.

Talking of packing well, panic struck this morning.

I was convinced that the 44lb checked bag limit on the flight to Barcelona wouldn't be enough and that I'd end up paying excess charges. So spent the morning stuffing everything I think I am taking into the suitcase. That included tolietries, sun care, halloween stuff, shoes, and thank goodness it only weighed in at just over 37lbs so a bit of spare capacity there, which is good news because there will be something I've forgotten! All out again now as it will need pressing before packing properly on the 27th!

As for the cabin bag, with the documents, cameras, Netbook, chargers, reading glasses, and sunglasses, this already weighs 10.5 lbs and I only have 22 lbs allowance for carry on on the outbound flight! Luckily on BA on the return flight I have a 50lbs checked baggage allowance and the same for carry on!

Luckily, Jim and I work for an airline, and don't have any weight restrictions for our baggage. Of course, we travel "standby," but the flights to BCN look great so far! But, we are actually leaving for Miami this Sunday for a 5-night cruise on the Celebrity Millenium first! Then, it's back to Chicago for 4 nights, and then off to BCN. Plus, we just got off of the Serenade last Sunday. I think my head is spinning......LOL

Luckily, Jim and I work for an airline, and don't have any weight restrictions for our baggage. Of course, we travel "standby," but the flights to BCN look great so far! But, we are actually leaving for Miami this Sunday for a 5-night cruise on the Celebrity Millenium first! Then, it's back to Chicago for 4 nights, and then off to BCN. Plus, we just got off of the Serenade last Sunday. I think my head is spinning......LOL
Not surprised your head is spinning! LOL. I know all about standby as my friend who was over from Boston last week to visit his family here in Manchester works for NorthWest/Delta and always travels over standby. He had to travel BOS/ATL to pick up the direct service to Manchester and had a lot of trouble on the domestic sector getting a seat.

Luckily on his return even though the flight was showing full he got on and even got Business which helped because the day after he got back he was working on the BOS-LHR route!

Have a great sailing on Millenium and see you in BCN!

Edited by peteukmcr

Hi all, hope your Thursday is going/went great. Saw Peter's post a bit ago saying good eveing when it was 10:16 am here. That 8-9 hour difference between the left coast and Europe is going to make life interesting for the first couple of days:rolleyes:.

Joyce, hope you get some sleep tonight. So sorry to hear of your discomfort.

Sherry, it sucks when you can't find those darn passwords. We had a different router up until a few weeks ago, tried re-establishing the wifi in the house with the new computer (well, its about a year old now, just got around to re-doing the wifi:o), and couldn't find the pw for the router. Tried resetting the device but no luck. Since it's a mac, decided to shell out for the Time Capsule which is both a router and a 2T storage device. Probably more than I'll need both router and for backup, but shouldn't have to worry about it for a long time. Hope you get yours figured out soon since you leave in 6 days.

Oh my my countdown thing say's 6 days.... makes me nervous to look at it.... I have everything [well almost everything] ready to just go in the suitcases which we will not pack until Tuesday have all day for that...

Got my IPAD2 but having trouble getting on the internet as I cannot find my password... I tried everything and I had it somewhere and have turned my office inside out.... my son said he may have to reload my router or whatever... this is so frustrating...

So you got it why do I always have to learn this from the streets ........:DLOL

funny I don't have any trouble with mine

yep in less then two weeks we will all be travelling together

Karen :)

George, love the pictures of your kitty.

Sherry, I have the Ipad2 with 64gb and 3G. I have the AT&T, which I can buy monthly. I love it.

Apple products are fair traded, so prices are the same. In the islands you will save on taxes.

In 2 weeks I will be leaving for Barcelona, looking forward to meeting everyone in person.

Barb I have the same one as you and I'm able to got my wi fi monthly too

Karen :)

Good morning all. Well I decided to outsmart my body and took an excedrin pm. Needed to time it right so Iwould not fall asleep too early and would sleept till morning.

I took only one as I figured it would work. Skipped the painkiller as it was not too bad. So I am watchig the BigBang Theory that I recorded. All of a sudden the credits are going across the screen. Well there is about a 20 minute nap.

Take the excedrin pm and about midnight shut the tv. Guess my body outsmarted me! 3:30 I am awake! Took a painkiller and went back to sleep.

I guess the saying, " you can't fool mother nature" is correct......

Go in a few hours to the doctor for stays and then right into therapy fir the first time. I am not seeing this as a pretty picture at all. More like a horror film with a lot of torture! Well I only have one thing to say.......

15. More days to sail away

Joyce

Good morning all. Well I decided to outsmart my body and took an excedrin pm. Needed to time it right so Iwould not fall asleep too early and would sleept till morning.

I took only one as I figured it would work. Skipped the painkiller as it was not too bad. So I am watchig the BigBang Theory that I recorded. All of a sudden the credits are going across the screen. Well there is about a 20 minute nap.

Take the excedrin pm and about midnight shut the tv. Guess my body outsmarted me! 3:30 I am awake! Took a painkiller and went back to sleep.

I guess the saying, " you can't fool mother nature" is correct......

Go in a few hours to the doctor for stays and then right into therapy fir the first time. I am not seeing this as a pretty picture at all. More like a horror film with a lot of torture! Well I only have one thing to say.......

15. More days to sail away

Joyce

Joyce, hope your therapy goes OK and that the pain will subside. Not being able to sleep is a torture in itself, so I hope you can get some sleep tonight..... xx

Just thought we would stop by and wish you all a great cruise and say how sorry we are that we had to cancel when we did. We know there are a few of you that we will be seeing on the Jewel TA and with any luck we might be able to hook up with more of you in the future.

Rick and Tina

Joyce,

I saw on the other board that you were going to a strip plaza. Is it the NC for you? ;)

Corinne

Wrong kind of Strip Corinne but I do know a very interesting Bar in Ft Lauderdale which I am sure Joyce has never been in.

Rick and Tina thanks and All the best to you and your's

Just thought we would stop by and wish you all a great cruise and say how sorry we are that we had to cancel when we did. We know there are a few of you that we will be seeing on the Jewel TA and with any luck we might be able to hook up with more of you in the future.

Rick and Tina

ITS so good to hear from you guys...............sorry you had to cancel. YOU guys will certainly be missed!!!!

T G I F.................

Happy week-end eveyrone.

For those that are on the cabin crawl, if you come to our cabin, we will have a ten question trivia quiz. HINT: This is a historical event that involves the British and USA on the waters. We will have a gift for the top three highest scores. No worries, if you don't score high, you will still recieve a gift.

Sam & Char

Morning

My son got my IPAD set up and no I am not using it for this still learning my way around...though I did send a couple of e=mails yesterday and used the voice activation which is neat....right now I am using my mini laptop as now my decktop is not working apparently my son has to set upthe network or something like that and he is not off until Sunday, help......

Rick and aTina so glad to hear from you we must keep in touch...how is your son...e-mail me and let me know

Can't type good on this thing either so I am in big trouble LOL.....

Back Later

Since some of our folks have begun to travel to Europe, I finished up the spreadsheet and sent it out to the distribution list.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the research that made the spreadsheet possible.

Looking forward to meeting all of you on the ship.

From now on, if you switch cabins, husbands or wives...you are on your own!!