LGBT Liberty of the Seas 10-29-2011 Transatlantic Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale (Pt2)

CC Help Jenn

Good Day,

Mike the winds were wild..............20-25 foot waves on the Lake.

NOW see I love the BIG SHIPS...........Allure is my all time favorite ship!!!

THANK goodness we all have different tastes with ships as some like the small and some big one................:D

Have a good day.................

Good Day,

Mike the winds were wild..............20-25 foot waves on the Lake.

NOW see I love the BIG SHIPS...........Allure is my all time favorite ship!!!

THANK goodness we all have different tastes with ships as some like the small and some big one................:D

Have a good day.................

I'm with you Sandy, Oasis was wonderful, thought it would be too big and too crowded, but never was...Looking forward to going on Allure in the near future...

Good afternoon all.

Sherry and Ivor, welcome 'Home'.

George, I love your great Aunt's comment. I do know what she means about the belly flop but they have that on all the ships and if it is not your thing it is easy to avoid it, even on smaller ships. The only downside I could see was that the sunbathing areas looked really crowded. On the other hand, we are not regulars by the pool, preferring to sit on our own balcony if we want to read.

Just not sure I would be prepared to pay a premium to cruise with 6,000 of my closest friends. ;)

Marilyn, I am glad you have offers of help. We only fly in on the day and will probably not be onboard till everyone else here is already settled in.

Corinne

The injection is actually in the stomach - and it doesn't hurt me one bit!! It is because he can't tolerate aspirin, so needs injections for 6 weeks to avoid a DVT. It will be fun carrying the injections through airport security!

Kerry has diabetes pens and embreal on pen injection form. He always travels with it. No problems.

Okay now that I have the. Ew software, how do I get I to the cloud? Peter do you know?

Joyce

George: We must have a chat when onboard...

I believe the Pinnacle Pin is like the name tag pin the crew wears, except it has your name and Pinnacle Member on bottom...Super Mario will be on our cruise and I am sure he will be wearing his as will Marianne & Herb (cruisingfool & moonman)...

Jillybabes

I met Herb and Marianne a lot on the Vision last month and Super Mario on the Liberty Eastbound Crossing in April :) the pinnacle is a nice oblong shaped badge like you say with your name on it.

Corrinne

Aunt May has to be met to be believed, this is the lady who when she used to cruise had her assistant pack her clothes into the trunk that Cunard used to send her, next time she saw her clothes they were hanging up in her stateroom.

She is a wonderful lady and has been a great friend to me but oh my as far as cruising is concerned what a snob, she started cruising in the late 1920's when she would travel to School in England from India and as a young women met her first Husband onboard a ship, he died in 1959 and she remarried my Mothers Uncle Jim who was Chief Engineer at the time on the Queen Mary in 1963, sadly Jim passed away in 1970 and she continued to cruise alone until 2002 doing at the very least a seventeen week Round the World trip.

This is a Lady who cruised when it was for the privileged few and not the masses, but I have always loved her stories since I was a kid and still do.

Sandy

Ships are like Men and we all have tastes there as well Some like Small ones some like BIGGGG ones

OK NC again

Hi all, beautiful day here in NW Nevada. Sunny, highs in upper 70's.

Marilyn, I'm sure those injections aren't hurting you a bit;).

George, your aunt must be a real trip to talk to. My Grandma is 101 and she has some great stories. Its really fun to watch the great-grand kids sit around a table and hear her stories.

5 more sleeps until we leave:D

We just got International minutes on our Magic Jack ($10 for 43 minutes). Very easy to set up. We talked to our daughter who is in London with a very clean signal using the mike and speaker in the netbook. No phone needed! Yeah, it works!!

Guest room is loaded with stuff to pack, we'll need a container for all this!

Jillybabes

I met Herb and Marianne a lot on the Vision last month and Super Mario on the Liberty Eastbound Crossing in April :) the pinnacle is a nice oblong shaped badge like you say with your name on it.

Corrinne

Aunt May has to be met to be believed, this is the lady who when she used to cruise had her assistant pack her clothes into the trunk that Cunard used to send her, next time she saw her clothes they were hanging up in her stateroom.

She is a wonderful lady and has been a great friend to me but oh my as far as cruising is concerned what a snob, she started cruising in the late 1920's when she would travel to School in England from India and as a young women met her first Husband onboard a ship, he died in 1959 and she remarried my Mothers Uncle Jim who was Chief Engineer at the time on the Queen Mary in 1963, sadly Jim passed away in 1970 and she continued to cruise alone until 2002 doing at the very least a seventeen week Round the World trip.

This is a Lady who cruised when it was for the privileged few and not the masses, but I have always loved her stories since I was a kid and still do.

Sandy

Ships are like Men and we all have tastes there as well Some like Small ones some like BIGGGG ones

OK NC again

YOU are just NOT going to leave the NC!!!

Jillybabes

Corrinne

Sandy

OK NC again

Your aunt sounds like a character, I'm sure she could keep you amused for hours with her stories. My great grandfather was the first chief engineer on the TS Queen Mary (Clyde Steamer) not quite the same but I reckon sailings in my blood;) Spent enough time crossing from Rothesay/Wemyss Bay, Dunoon/Gourock & Largs/Millport during my childhood.

Marilyn - Keep the nursing up - some people really will do anything to get out of all the preparation of a holiday, once he's up and about, he can be at your beck & call - it's only fair.

A week tonight we will be in Edinburgh, staying overnight at the airport for our flight in the morning.

Jillybabes

Corrinne

Sandy

OK NC again

George,

I had an Aunt May as well! Too coincidental. The photos of her and her husband Mortimer :cool: on the great ships with her mink stole are priceless. And yes, the yearly round the world.

Now to that NC..is the Liberty big enough or does it have to be Oasis sized?

WOW......no post since last night....No Europeans or Brits or Scottsman on today.....

HAPPY FRIDAY!!

Going to be a Gorgeous weekend here in So Cal...both beach and desert....we are heading to the desert to finalize the packing...Have to be done by Sunday night...since we will not see the Clothes or suitcases again until next Thursday night.....then sleeping really fast and at Palm Springs International at 5:30 am next friday. Boy, these 18 months have flown by....Can not wait. Still have 5 more work days....but will survive...Work is only getting about 75 percent out of me now...Hate to see what next Wednesday and Thursday going to bring. Hope everyone has a Great day ...It's the weekend!!! Let's have a Drink!!!

Talk to everyone later

Mike

I just hopped in to wish you all a wonderful trip, since so many are leaving early.

George, I'm sure you'll keep the NC company no matter where that corner is. Have fun, you big bear, you.

Everyone:

BON VOYAGE

I just hopped in to wish you all a wonderful trip, since so many are leaving early.

George, I'm sure you'll keep the NC company no matter where that corner is. Have fun, you big bear, you.

Everyone:

BON VOYAGE

Beej who's going to keep the STOOL by the piano held for me?? Sorry we'll not be meeting.........

This time next week, I'll have trailed Tam all round the shops in Barcelona & then I'll let him treat me to a cocktail or two;)

Still got work until Thurs and a night out on Saturday - So Sunday will have to be the day I get everything ready on my holiday rail, ready to pack on Wed night.

Mike - I'd love to see more photos of your desert house and surrounding area - it looks amazing.

Mhairi

Mhairi, I agree the desert house looks wonderful.

Nice quiet weekend in store for me. Will do a bit of housework. We'll be away from home for 6 weeks so I want to leave the place in reasonable condition but I am not one to want it immaculate while we are away. This is will be our first long trip that the house is empty, having lost both our cats this year. Normally the cat feeder came in daily so we'll have to leave a key with our neighbour and get him to check things over now and again.

So, a bit of laundry and ironing in preparation. Am laying things out in the spare room but won't actually pack till next Friday afternoon. Ooohh, I'll be excited this time next week! :) :) :)

Corinne

Am almost completely packed. Will fold Jerry's clothes Wednesday night. If mine get creased it is okay because my body will stretch those wrinkles right out.:eek:

Got the pedi and the hair cut today. Just nails and color left to do next week

And then away we go!

Joyce

Afternoon, doing final wash & Ironing. We are pretty well packed now except for the final items. If I miss anyone Monday, I want to take this time to say how much I have enjoyed being your RC Keeper and to have a safe journey to Barcelona. Will see you in BCN or on board. BON VOYAGE TO ALL.

Gay

Hi all, busy Friday. Less than 2 hours and away from work I go for 3 weeks!!:D:D

In laws are here to assist with DD in our absence, getting them oriented. We did a lite cleaning before they got here, will be a disaster before we leave, so who cares:o.

Hi beej, you can come back next week and wish us a bon voyage. We aren't leaving until early Tuesday morning.

Not sure how much a chance I'll be able to get on CC over the weekend, so Bon Voyage and safe travels to all who are leaving today, tomorrow and Sunday.

Probably finish the packing by Sunday, don't want to have to do much Monday but enjoy a leisurely wait for Tuesday. I keep talking about Tuesday, not excited or anything:confused:

Hope to check in later, but if not, have a great last weekend before we cruise.

Hope this gives you a smile - it did me!

RETIRED HUSBAND

After I retired, my wife insisted that I accompany her on her trips to Target.

Unfortunately, like most men, I found shopping boring and preferred to get in and get out.

Equally unfortunate, my wife is like most women - she loves to browse.

Yesterday my dear wife received the following letter from the local Target:

Dear Mrs. *****,

Over the past six months, your husband has caused quite a commotion in our store. We cannot tolerate this behavior and have been forced to ban both of you from the store.

Our complaints against your husband are listed below and are documented by our video

surveillance cameras:

1. June 15: He took 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in other people's carts when they weren't looking.

2. July 2: Set all the alarm clocks in House wares to go off at 5-minute intervals.

3. July 7: He made a trail of tomato juice on the floor leading to the women's restroom.

4. July 19: Walked up to an employee and told her in an official voice,'Code 3 in Housewares.Get on it right away'. This caused the employee to leave her assigned station

and receive a reprimand from her Supervisor that in turn resulted with a union grievance, causing management to lose time and costing the company money. We don't have a Code 3.

5. August 4: Went to the Service Desk and tried to put a bag of M&Ms on layaway.

6. August 14: Moved a 'CAUTION - WET FLOOR' sign to a carpeted area.

7. August 15: Set up a tent in the camping department and told the children shoppers he'd invite them in if they would bring pillows and blankets from the bedding department

to which twenty children obliged.

8. August 23: When a clerk asked if they could help him he began crying and screamed, 'Why can't you people just leave me alone?' EMTs were called.

9. September 4: Looked right into the security camera and used it as a mirror while he picked his nose.

10. September 10: While handling guns in the hunting department, he asked the clerk where the antidepressants were.

11. October 3: Darted around the store suspiciously while loudly humming the 'Mission Impossible' theme.

12. October 6: In the auto department, he practiced his 'Madonna look' using different sizes of funnels.

13. October 18: Hid in a clothing rack and when people browsed through, yelled 'PICK ME! PICK ME!'

14. October 22: When an announcement came over the loud speaker, he assumed a fetal position and screamed 'OH NO! IT'S THOSE VOICES AGAIN!'

15. Took a box of condoms to the checkout clerk and asked where is the fitting room?

And last, but not least:

16. October 23: Went into a fitting room, shut the door, waited awhile, and then yelled very

loudly, 'Hey! There's no toilet paper in here.' One of the clerks passed out.