LGBT Liberty of the Seas 10-29-2011 Transatlantic Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale (Pt2)

CC Help Jenn

I got an email from the concierge this morning that included the dates for formal night. Thought Id share them since I think they are different from what we were able to find out several months ago when this subject came up. They are now scheduled for Oct 30, Nov. 5, and Nov. 9.

One more sleep and we are off. Can you tell Im getting more excited? Im up at 7!!!

Donna

Thanks Donna - this is one of the great things I like about this site - all the great information before we sail.

George - are you flying into LCY on Thurs? If so, how long do you have between flights. We've got 30mins on the Fri - my only concern is they don't put my luggage on the BCN flight:eek:

Thanks Donna - this is one of the great things I like about this site - all the great information before we sail.

George - are you flying into LCY on Thurs? If so, how long do you have between flights. We've got 30mins on the Fri - my only concern is they don't put my luggage on the BCN flight:eek:

Hi, we are on the same flights as George and have a 1 hour layover. LCY is a very small airport, so there should be no problem with your luggage.....

Have a safe trip and see you very soon!!

Good Day Everyone............

ALL packed and still under the weight limit............have no idea how I accomplished that........LOL

Gay you must be special as I didn't receive anything from The Universal. :(

THANKS for all you've done!!!!!

BOY I just can't wait.........only 2 more work days and then we're off!!!!

Sandy I was really surprised, we have never received such a letter from any Hotel here in the States. Re weighed all our suitcases and everything is under the weight. Only catch, by shifting the extra weight into the 25, it kept them both at around 32 lbs. Still have a lot of room in the 25 even when the toilitries go in as far as the weight goes.

Gay

Hi all, still packing, getting closer, will weigh in soon. "And in this corner, weighing in at 85 lbs, Juliie's bag".........:eek: Just kidding.

Gay, no email from Universal this morning, but I re-confirmed with them via website/email last Thursday. BTW, we stay at Best Westerns quite a bit and they always send us a welcoming email just before our scheduled arrival.

Have a great Sunday. Bon Voyage to all who are leaving today and tomorrow.

Two more sleeps to BCN; 6 more to Liberty.....

I also received an email from the Universal this morning, looking forward to see everyone.

Luggage is weighed in at 48.8, makes me nervous. Had to add the shoes, jeans & sweatshirt to the carryon. At least one thing a lot of the bottles will be empty and will not have to bring home. Still may look to add a smaller suitcase. What is a girl going to do.:eek::eek:

I just called AA, going to Barcelona luggage weight is 70 lbs. This helps going, not too worry about coming back, most bottles and jars will be empty and will not bring back. For carryon usually just have 3 ounces or less in a 1 quart bag. Always carry meds on.

I am ready now, 2 more sleep nights. I have a 2 1/2 hour layover in JFK. Then a direct flight to Barcelona.

Those who are leaving today or tomorrow see you in Barcelona or on the Liberty.

Busy day George, hope you enjoy both exhibitions and that James Martin meets your expectations.

Corinne.

Oh James was looking good in the flesh but not enough of it exposed :eek:

Also went to the Cruise Show and met up with the guy from Crown and Anchor who sent out my invite (thanks again Duncan) seems they do read these boards.

Last bits of laundry to finish off tomorrow then close up my cases and tick that off my list :) need to check up on my printer as have what seems like loads of stuff to print out, set sail passes for both cruises,hotel reservations,car rental, airline reservations, boarding passes on Wed morning and a few pages of other stuff I want to take with me.

Mhairi

As Marilyn was saying City is a small airport and your bags should make the flight no prob, when you check in ask them about this and they will label it as SHORT TRANSFER this should ensure it gets to your next flight.

Out of interest are you Mhairi pronounced with an M or a V ?

Hi everyone! We have been following the posts for some time and we are just as anxious as all the L.O.S.T. roll call folks to finally get on board. We want to thank all those who have spent so much time and resources to plan activities and tours, some of which we will a part of. One quick note: if where you live will be changing to Standard time on November 5, you may want to set your clocks at home back one hour before you leave so that you are not on the wrong time when you return. We look forward to meeting you all, and hope to locate some of you fellow Jerseyites in the Continental terminal on Wednesday evening.

I just called AA, going to Barcelona luggage weight is 70 lbs. This helps going, not too worry about coming back, most bottles and jars will be empty and will not bring back. For carryon usually just have 3 ounces or less in a 1 quart bag. Always carry meds on.

I am ready now, 2 more sleep nights. I have a 2 1/2 hour layover in JFK. Then a direct flight to Barcelona.

Those who are leaving today or tomorrow see you in Barcelona or on the Liberty.

Barb, I just checked AA.com and they show 50. Even if you are going up front it's still 50 but you get 3 bags free.

Gay, BIG thanks for all of your work and great spirit. Safe travels and see you on board.

For us, real packing starts in an hour after a few beverages. Take care all.

I got smart and bought a luggage weight checker, no switching stuff around on the floor at the airport. I have so much medical crap to schlep my two carry ons are going to be interesting. (how much you want to be I get picked out for special screening).

I got a very nice email from the Renissance Barcelona hotel today too, made me smile.

My flight home from Ft Lauderdale does not leave until 3PM, thinking of booking the RCL shore tour with the boat ride through the intercostal waterway with a bar of course!!

Ok, everyone on this board study my picture and please be sure to say hi and introduce yourself to me, with my low vision I might now spot you first!

Four more sleeps to Barce!!!!

All packed, pretty much ready to go Tuesday morning. Checked bags way underweight, so that's a relief. Even threw in some old underwear that I can leave behind and not have to launder or pack for the trip home.

To those of you leaving tomorrow, safe travels and we'll see you in BCN or on the Liberty.

All packed, pretty much ready to go Tuesday morning. Checked bags way underweight, so that's a relief. Even threw in some old underwear that I can leave behind and not have to launder or pack for the trip home.

To those of you leaving tomorrow, safe travels and we'll see you in BCN or on the Liberty.

Mike having thoughts of you in your old Underwear :eek::D

Oh James was looking good in the flesh but not enough of it exposed :eek:

Also went to the Cruise Show and met up with the guy from Crown and Anchor who sent out my invite (thanks again Duncan) seems they do read these boards.

Last bits of laundry to finish off tomorrow then close up my cases and tick that off my list :) need to check up on my printer as have what seems like loads of stuff to print out, set sail passes for both cruises,hotel reservations,car rental, airline reservations, boarding passes on Wed morning and a few pages of other stuff I want to take with me.

Mhairi

As Marilyn was saying City is a small airport and your bags should make the flight no prob, when you check in ask them about this and they will label it as SHORT TRANSFER this should ensure it gets to your next flight.

Out of interest are you Mhairi pronounced with an M or a V ?

Thanks Marilyn & George - I will certainly mention it when we check in

I was christened with it getting pronounced as 'Varry', but over the years it's steadily changed to 'Marry' as @ times it's not worth the hassle correcting people. Biggest pet hate - When I phone doctor/dentist and give my name as 'Varry', once they find me on their computer they then say oh you mean 'Marry' - Now you'd think I'd know how to pronounce my own name!!;)

Thanks Marilyn & George - I will certainly mention it when we check in

I was christened with it getting pronounced as 'Varry', but over the years it's steadily changed to 'Marry' as @ times it's not worth the hassle correcting people. Biggest pet hate - When I phone doctor/dentist and give my name as 'Varry', once they find me on their computer they then say oh you mean 'Marry' - Now you'd think I'd know how to pronounce my own name!!;)

My friend Mhairi gets uptight when people call her Marie or Marry :eek: I love the Gaelic way of pronouncing your name :)

Hi,

Mazza thanks for that............

Got my welcome e-mail from Universal this morning.........

2 more wake up's for me..............can't wait to get the flight overwith!!!

Have a good day everyrone...............

Good Morning All: Got our confirmation from Hotel as well...

Really Excited, can't wait to meet everyone ;)...

To those travelling tomorrow, safe trip, see you at the hotel or on board...For those of us travelling Wednesday ditto!!!

Have a great day...