LGBT Liberty of the Seas 10-29-2011 Transatlantic Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale (Pt2)

CC Help Jenn

Hello to all of you who have not left yet. We arrived in Barcelona early afternoon after a bumpy flight. There was a torrential rainstorm but it gave over and we were able to take a walk around La Rambla but now back in our room to relax a tiring 8 days

Have a/safe journey see you Saturday

We're in Barcelona and enjoying ourselves very much. Universal Hotel is LOVELY!!!! Spent the day on the HOHO bus, ducked into a restaurant during the rainstorm, then back out again. Getting ready to enjoy the complimentary bottle of champagne from the hotel with our friends. See everyone soon!

You can usually be onboard by about 11.30, assuming there were no delays to the previous cruise disembarkation. You won't though be allowed into your cabin till 1.00 pm, so will need to keep your hand baggage with you.

Corinne

You can usually be onboard by about 11.30, assuming there were no delays to the previous cruise disembarkation. You won't though be allowed into your cabin till 1.00 pm, so will need to keep your hand baggage with you.

Corinne

Going to leave you to turn out the lights Corinne, although no doubt I'll be checking in tomorrow. Have a good journey over to Barca.

Bon voyage Peter. I'll keep the electricity bill down by turning out the lights. ;)
Good morning Corinne, thanks for keeping the energy bill low! Good morning from a very busy Manchester Airport. Flight on time. Boarding in around 20 minutes.

I am awake early too. 6.20 am and once my brain thought 'This time tomorrow......' then I couldn't get back to sleep.

Hope all the travels go well and that there is not too much rain in Barca today for those sightseeing.

PACKING TODAY, at last!

Corinne

I am awake early too. 6.20 am and once my brain thought 'This time tomorrow......' then I couldn't get back to sleep.

Hope all the travels go well and that there is not too much rain in Barca today for those sightseeing.

PACKING TODAY, at last!

Corinne

Have a good safe and pleasant journey tomorrow.

For your next trip to Barcelona, put the El Poble Espanyol on your list. In the village is the Tablao de Carmen Flamenco show. Tapas and the show or dinner and the show. Very worthwhile. We did it tonight, really great.

• 3 weeks later...

Hope all arrived home safe and sound.

Heading to the Allure this morning about 11am, met up with my friends Rick and Jill and the rest of there family, they seem to be a fun group, the ten of us went to cheesecake factory for dinner and had a great night, the week ahead with the plans they have sounds a bit hectic but fun.

Will post soon.

Hugs

Well finally made it home after a late BA flight departure from Miami last night, bumpy crossing the Atlantic, holding over Heathrow so missed our conection to Manchester. Waited for 4 hours for the next flight and made it home by 2 pm UK time today.

Yesterday disembarkation was not too good as we were doing express departure and taking our own bags off. Was estimated at 7:45, finally got off at around 8:30. Jumped a cab to the car rental at FLL and off to Sawgrass where bargains were to be found and purchased!

I would like to say that it was a pleasure meeting so many of you on board and it really made the cruise IMHO. We have never had the opportunity to meet and chat with so many people during a sailing before.

Thanks for everything and we hope that we will bump into some of you again on future sailings.

Glad everyone made it home and checking in. Peter I agree, everyone helped make this cruise special.

I cannot wait till you come back here so we can spend some time with you again.

Love to Patrick? You guys made this so special for us.

Joyce

Evening, other then the disembaking, the cruise was fantastic, John & I totally enjoyed meeting almost everyone. Peter I do hope we are able to travel your way and have you show us around.

John & I saw many of you many times, and many we never did get to meet. We hope to join all of you on future cruises, and glad everyone made it home safely.

Gay

Home safe after that fiasco debarkation never experienced anything like it.

So many of you made it a cruise to remember we had one of the best cruises ever and mainly thanks to all of you.

We loved our afternoon teas in the windjammer and Peter, Patrick, sandy, Ben my daughter Karen and Dan, Janet and Mark, Karen and David, Cathy John,Larry, Cherie we really enjoyed our times with you....great carriage ride in Seville what a beautiful city

Arrived home on time and spent the day catching up with mail,laundry ..also have to start back to work tomorrow have tons to do...

Our babies went crazy when we got home and boy did we miss them ...they cuddled up so close when we went to bed.

Let's keep in touch, till we meet again:)

Did book our hotels for England next year and now have to book some in Paris so we have that to look forward to....plus back on the Liberty

Hi all, made it home late Saturday nite, agree the departure off the ship was the worst we have experienced. Oh well, a fly in the ointment compared to all of the great fun we had during this adventure and all of the great people we met - George, Peter and Patrick, Sherry and Ivor, Joyce and Jerry, Sandy and Ben, Gay and John, Mike and Bill, Matthew, Karen and David - sure I'm missing someone. Didn't get to chat extensively with some of you, but hopefully our cruising paths will cross once again in the not too distant future.

Lots of laundry and yardwork yesterday, back to the work grind today. Julie ended up with that nasty cold being shared so freely onboard. Wasn't bad on Saturday, worse yesterday, went to work today but went home at noon. Nasty cough is the worst part. Praying I avoid it. Hope all who got it are feeling better.

Will check back in if there are any future posts, but as this thread fades away, J and I would like to wish you all calm seas and fair winds in all of your future cruises and wherever else life leads you.

Hi all, made it home late Saturday nite, agree the departure off the ship was the worst we have experienced. Oh well, a fly in the ointment compared to all of the great fun we had during this adventure and all of the great people we met - George, Peter and Patrick, Sherry and Ivor, Joyce and Jerry, Sandy and Ben, Gay and John, Mike and Bill, Matthew, Karen and David - sure I'm missing someone. Didn't get to chat extensively with some of you, but hopefully our cruising paths will cross once again in the not too distant future.

Lots of laundry and yardwork yesterday, back to the work grind today. Julie ended up with that nasty cold being shared so freely onboard. Wasn't bad on Saturday, worse yesterday, went to work today but went home at noon. Nasty cough is the worst part. Praying I avoid it. Hope all who got it are feeling better.

Will check back in if there are any future posts, but as this thread fades away, J and I would like to wish you all calm seas and fair winds in all of your future cruises and wherever else life leads you.

It was a pleasure meeting you too after all this time on the roll call. All the best for the future.

Sherry it was really a pleasure meeting you and Ivor finally after such a long wait. Our daughter who wanted us over in Mobile during Christmas has given us another option for March. She will be in Orlando, FL and wants everyone to come out while she is there with her Australian show, so I have been checking flights to Orlando for March. Travelocity is giving us the best option for RT flights at $909 total. Looks like we will be heading to Mouseland soon. I know we have many from FL but can't recall who might be in Orlando in case we have an opportunity to meet up.

Gay

Hi everyone. Well trying to get back in the groove. will be heading to Tampa on Thursday to meet up with friends getting off the Jewel that we met cruising before.

Still coming down off the high from being on a cruise. Not a great feeling.

Therapy today went well. They were pleased to see I had great improvement with my arm. I told them it was because everyone asked how it was and I always moved it to show it was getting better and all that movement helped loosen it up. Thanks to everyone.

Joyce