LGBT Liberty of the Seas 10-29-2011 Transatlantic Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale (Pt2)

CC Help Jenn

Hi Mike hope things are getting back to normal after the horrific events there this week... So very sad for your community and the country..

Here is a link for the FB thread,, hopr it works

http://www.facebook.com/n/?event.php&eid=129666483727613&view=wall&mid=4d3e107G5af3aba83c70G1a7d82G23&bcode=MOFapu7L&n_m=hernme2%40yahoo.com

Larry, thanks, the link didn't work as it was under your login, but with a bit more persistence, I was able to find the event and suscribed. count is 72!

Lil 'ol Carson won't quite be the same unfortunately. The funerals for the three National Guard members are this weekend and will be private, no word on services for the other woman from So Lake Tahoe. The authorities are not finding any conclusive links or evidence as to the shooter's motivation. Should the restaurant not reopen, that will throw some more folks out on the street jobless. Just a sad situation all around.

Edited by tahoemc

Thanks Marilyn made for some fun reading...

Glad the power is restored to so many in California the only part of Arizona affected was in Yuma which borders California.

We did our usual Friday, Gym, sunbathe/swim, then went to a movie and now out to eat.

KAREN the floods are so bad and don't seem to be getting any better in some areas, just dreadful. Glad you were all okay.

PETE I can see my cabin Center hump on deck 8, thanks :)

Good morning all, just taking a little while to catch up. I was so sorry to read that Dick had died. My prayers go out to Irene and her family.

There seems to be lots of sad news reported on this board. I think we all need a holiday (OK, vacation).

Speaking of which, not meaning to get too excited yet, but 7 weeks from now John and I will be at Heathrow preparing to fly to Barca.

I have a cousin and her husband visiting from Australia this week for a few days. Saturday we are going to Lymington on the south coast for a week's holiday. Early October I have the lead part in a play (exhausting!) then mid October a trip to Manchester to see the family. All the talk on the main board about packing seems a little premature to me. So much to do before then, but all good things.

BTW Marilyn, I just loved your address from HM. Written by a Kiwi methinks. A good chuckle though, especially the idea of $10.00 petrol!!!

Corinne

Marilyn, thanks for the hum-our ;) (yes, that is what CC spell check insisted).

I have been wondering around the boards this rainy morning and realized that I almost forgot about something we can all look forward to:

NC team anyone?

Thanks for the laff, have been on teams that came in 1, 2, and 3 :D, now we mostly watch!!!

The last QUEST game we went too they took off their pants/trousers and one guy had NO underwear on... that was a little tooooo much...his poor wife ran over to him with a towel...:D

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend, though a very sad day tomorrow a day we will never forget.

E-docs arrived today!!!:D:D Luggage tags ordered:)
Congrats, still waiting here, but I reckon we get them around 6 weeks out in the UK, we also will have to wait while they issue the flight tickets too as we got the air via RCI. Wish they'd hurry up though as the BA reservation says we'll be able to choose seats when the e-tickets are issued.

Have as good a weekend as you can considering the date tomorrow. All those affected by the terrible events of 10 years ago will be remembered tomorrow and rightly so.

Congrats, still waiting here, but I reckon we get them around 6 weeks out in the UK, we also will have to wait while they issue the flight tickets too as we got the air via RCI. Wish they'd hurry up though as the BA reservation says we'll be able to choose seats when the e-tickets are issued.

Have as good a weekend as you can considering the date tomorrow. All those affected by the terrible events of 10 years ago will be remembered tomorrow and rightly so.

Peter BA charge to allocate your seat up to 24 hours before you flight :eek: £25 and £60 Club, I wait until 24 hours out and do it for free.

Donna

When you fill in the check in online there will be an option eventualy to print, this will be your electronic documents I never do this as my TA does it all for me, in her words (that is what you pay a Travel Agent for ) there will also be an option to order luggage tags

Packing day here, Suzie heads to the Kitty Hotel on Tues and I head to Manchester on Wed Morning before the flight to Istanbul Thurs Morning meeting up with Mailyn and Geoffrey in Zurich enroute - Boarding Vision Friday 12ish but the sailout is not until 2pm on Sat.

Peter I am meeting up with Matthew and Andy for a beer in Canal Street on Wed tea time ish also with me will another mate from Coventry Brendan, if your free it would be great to see you.

Peter BA charge to allocate your seat up to 24 hours before you flight :eek: £25 and £60 Club, I wait until 24 hours out and do it for free.

Donna

When you fill in the check in online there will be an option eventualy to print, this will be your electronic documents I never do this as my TA does it all for me, in her words (that is what you pay a Travel Agent for ) there will also be an option to order luggage tags

Packing day here, Suzie heads to the Kitty Hotel on Tues and I head to Manchester on Wed Morning before the flight to Istanbul Thurs Morning meeting up with Mailyn and Geoffrey in Zurich enroute - Boarding Vision Friday 12ish but the sailout is not until 2pm on Sat.

Peter I am meeting up with Matthew and Andy for a beer in Canal Street on Wed tea time ish also with me will another mate from Coventry Brendan, if your free it would be great to see you.

Looking forward to seeing you, George! Packing day for us will be Tuesday evening......... See you in Zurich! :D

Everybody of my parent's generation used to say they always remembered where they were when Kennedy was shot. For all of us it has to be the memory of where we were 10 years ago today.

My prayers go out to all the families of those who lost their lives in the tragedy. May God bless you.

On a lighter note, I am envious of all those getting to meet one another before the big day. I will be in Manchester on 12th October though. We will be staying with family for a few days but John has a business meeting that day and I shall be free to do my own thing.

Wherever you are and whatever you are doing today, Keep Safe.

Corinne

Hope this Storm is not as bad as predicted for us Marilyn :eek: we are expecting to be put on flood alert on the beach Monday afternoon/evening at high tide, I will move my car to the leisure centre car park which is not so exposed to the elements, the winds are expected to be 70mph :eek:

Thanks for the info George, if possible I will want to allocate the seats more than 24 hours before departure because we'll be sailing towards Fort Lauderdale at that time and don't trust the internet connection on board to do something so important.

Good chance I could meet up on Weds, let me know.

Everybody of my parent's generation used to say they always remembered where they were when Kennedy was shot. For all of us it has to be the memory of where we were 10 years ago today.

My prayers go out to all the families of those who lost their lives in the tragedy. May God bless you.

On a lighter note, I am envious of all those getting to meet one another before the big day. I will be in Manchester on 12th October though. We will be staying with family for a few days but John has a business meeting that day and I shall be free to do my own thing.

Wherever you are and whatever you are doing today, Keep Safe.

Corinne

Hi Corinne, whether it's a good thing to admit, but I even remember where I was when I heard about Kennedy.

Definitely know where I was 10 years ago today, especially trying to contact my friend who still lives in Manhattan and another in Boston who is a flight attendant.

Now, as I don't have a lot on at the moment, perhaps the 12th Oct could be an opportunity to meet before we sail? Just an idea.

Hope this Storm is not as bad as predicted for us Marilyn :eek: we are expecting to be put on flood alert on the beach Monday afternoon/evening at high tide, I will move my car to the leisure centre car park which is not so exposed to the elements, the winds are expected to be 70mph :eek:
I hope it's not as bad as predicted for you both too. There were bright blue skies here when I got up this morning, but clouding over now.

9/11

Alan was the Manager of Atlantic House which was the major UK ATC for aircraft crossing the Atlantic, he was called in to work as the US closed all airspace, there job was to get all aircraft mid Atlantic turned around and down safely which they did but his words only by the skin of there teeth with a couple of aircraft flying on kerosene fumes.

I was at work and we were sent home but never saw Alan until the next morning

Haven't been on for a wee while - did a quick read of the pages I've missed.

Belated birthday wishes to Ben.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the families and friends of all affected by 9/11. I was at work with no radio and there wasn't any internet, was told by one of our customers who heard about it on the radio, the full extent of what happened didn't hit me till I saw the images on the tv. So sad about Dick - prayers go out to Irene and her family. So many sad things have happened on this thread - think we'll all be ready for a holiday.

Hopefully the weather won't be too bad tomorrow.

George, Marilyn and Geoffrey have a lovely holiday - I'm not jealous (much)

Think I've got my fancy dress sorted, just going to book extra luggage for our flights to Barcelona.

Only 6 shopping weekends to go................................................

Mhairi

DONNA....the E-docs replaced the document booklet that RCI used to mail about a month before sailing. You can still get that booklet if you want to pay extra for it. We don't use a TA, so for us, e-docs is the way to go. I only print out a few pages because most of it is just extraneous information. And there is the option to order luggage tags as well.

GEORGE, MARILYN and GEOFFREY.....Have a GREAT trip!!

I hope those of you in the U.K. will not be affected by the storm. Stay safe.