LGBT Liberty of the Seas 10-29-2011 Transatlantic Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale (Pt2)

CC Help Jenn

[quote name='Desert Cruizers']Peter that is a terribly long commute, I don't know of anyone here in the States doing that. I know some drive into Los Angelas which is horrible, and spend perhaps 30 min to 1 hr each way. It is not so much the distance they are going but the traffic.

Gay[/QUOTE]

Right Gay, mine is 45 mins. for 18 miles :(. Back later. Have to finish washing the tractor after I spent yesterday playing in the dirt :D.

Hello everyone! We are Tim & Joy and we are looking forward to meeting everyone on this cruise. Last May I tried for just a few weeks to keep up with the other roll call and gave up. I have been lurking on this one for the last few months and appreciate the slower pace it keeps! Back in the early 90’s we did a couple of RCCL cruises and since then we have been loyal Princess cruisers until now. Love the transatlantic cruises - this will be our 3rd one. Several of us who meet on our first TA cruise are on this one and I value the friendships that can be made cruising.

I have a question I am sure some of the seasoned RC people will be able to answer. Does the ship stay on local time? Are the Canary Islands in the same time zone as Barcelona?

Jill, Marilyn, Sherry,
I posted way back at the beginning about our little weekend place in the mountains where I have my little toy but forgot that many of you may have jumped over here way after that post. Really therapeutic to move dirt around to build a trail or something for several hours :D .

[url]http://gallery.me.com/pnorcross/100136/Tractor[/url]

Welcome Joy and Tim. We are Paul and Mark from southern california. What took you so long? Please jump in an have fun!

Thanks for the reply and welcome. Guess what more specifically I am wondering about is meeting our drivers. For example, DST ends at 3 am on October 30 in Spain. This is as we overnight to Malaga. If we have a driver meeting us at 8 am when we dock, will the ship be on the same time as the driver?

I think the only place I have heard of the ship being on different time than the port is in the Caribbean where not everywhere observes DST and the ship stays on the same time the whole trip since it is not crossing any time zones. Don’t know why, just pulled that memory out of storage and wondered if we would all be on the same time as the drivers who are meeting us in port. Edited by Joy_K

[quote name='peteukmcr']Trouble is this job would mean approximately a 170 mile round trip every day on one of the most congested motorways in the UK and so the commute is not possible on a daily basis.[/QUOTE]

:eek: that is a lot of miles. I thought my commute of 40 miles round trip was bad.

[quote name='paul1268']Jill, Marilyn, Sherry,
I posted way back at the beginning about our little weekend place in the mountains where I have my little toy but forgot that many of you may have jumped over here way after that post. Really therapeutic to move dirt around to build a trail or something for several hours :D .

[url]http://gallery.me.com/pnorcross/100136/Tractor[/url]

Welcome Joy and Tim. We are Paul and Mark from southern california. What took you so long? Please jump in an have fun![/QUOTE]

Paul, great pictures and love your view.

[quote name='Joy_K']Thanks for the reply and welcome. Guess what more specifically I am wondering about is meeting our drivers. For example, DST ends at 3 am on October 30 in Spain. This is as we overnight to Malaga. If we have a driver meeting us at 8 am when we dock, will the ship be on the same time as the driver?

I think the only place I have heard of the ship being on different time than the port is in the Caribbean where not everywhere observes DST and the ship stays on the same time the whole trip since it is not crossing any time zones. Don’t know why, just pulled that memory out of storage and wondered if we would all be on the same time as the drivers who are meeting us in port.[/quote]Hi Joy & Tim, welcome aboard, I don't think we've spoken before. We're Peter & Patrick from Manchester, UK and this is our 1st TA but will be our 2nd time on Liberty and our 4th time on a Freedom class ship.

As for the time change, I know mainland Spain will end Central European Summer Time at 2 a.m. on Sunday, 30th Oct, so this is as we are heading to Cartagena. I cannot confirmed 100% but I would expect that the ship will be on the same time as your driver by the time we arrive in Malaga on the 31st.

The Canaries are on the same time zone as the UK, so in effect -1 hour behind Spain, but again they will move their clocks back -1 hour at 2 a.m. on the morning of the 30th Oct. Edited by peteukmcr

[URL]http://gallery.me.com/pnorcross/100136/Tractor[/URL]

Welcome Joy and Tim. We are Paul and Mark from southern california. What took you so long? Please jump in an have fun![/quote]Paul, that's one heck of a toy! Great photos, thanks for sharing.

Good Morning all, just had to tell you about my dream last night. We were on LOST and were eating our first dinner at a large table, full of other posters. The conversation was quiet and mostly about the fact that unfortunately the food was terrible. I sincerely hope that doesn't come true. However, there was another table nearby full of LGBT passengers from this board having a great Party. I slipped away to join them after the meal for the rest of the evening, dragging John along, and then we had a really good time.

The dream was so vivid, I remember 'meeting' Peter and Patrick, Paul and others. I know that seeing their photos on here are the reason I could imagine the faces.

Corinne

[quote name='cinnamon']Good Morning all, just had to tell you about my dream last night. We were on LOST and were eating our first dinner at a large table, full of other posters. The conversation was quiet and mostly about the fact that unfortunately the food was terrible. I sincerely hope that doesn't come true. However, there was another table nearby full of LGBT passengers from this board having a great Party. I slipped away to join them after the meal for the rest of the evening, dragging John along, and then we had a really good time.

The dream was so vivid, I remember 'meeting' Peter and Patrick, Paul and others. I know that seeing their photos on here are the reason I could imagine the faces.

Corinne[/quote]LOL, that sounds like us! Corinne you'll have to remind me, when are you in Manchester again?

Met Mhairi and Tam briefly yesterday, it was great to meet in person and look forward to spending more time when we get onboard.

Peter, we'll be coming up on Tuesday 11th, John has a meeting at an airport hotel on Wednesday 12th, and we need to return south on Friday 14th. The play will be over by then (!!!) and I'll have time to relax. This Thursday our family are coming down late night to stay with us for 24 hours as our son has a meeting in Staines on Friday before a weekend away in the Midlands. I'll know more then about what we will be doing in October for our few days.

Corinne

Hello from Istanbul airport, sitting in the lounge waiting for my flight to Zurich-Manchester.
Had breakfast with Marilyn and Geoffrey this morning.

I can now start to make plans for this cruise unless another trip comes up :rolleyes:

[quote name='Joy_K']Thanks for the reply and welcome. Guess what more specifically I am wondering about is meeting our drivers. For example, DST ends at 3 am on October 30 in Spain. This is as we overnight to Malaga. If we have a driver meeting us at 8 am when we dock, will the ship be on the same time as the driver?
[/QUOTE]

Some of the ships in the Caribbean actually stay on "Miami" time for the whole week and that can be confusing when sailing the Western Caribbean which is CST. When we were on Voyager for a 7 night Med cruise and then the TA last year we were always on local time in each port.

[URL]http://gallery.me.com/pnorcross/100136/Tractor[/URL]

Welcome Joy and Tim. We are Paul and Mark from southern california. What took you so long? Please jump in an have fun![/quote]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=purple]Wonderful pics Paul...[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=purple][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=purple]Welcome Tim & Joy, we are Jill & Dave from Florida's West Coast...Royal Caribbean is our cruiseline of choice with Princess being second...Look forward to meeting you onboard...[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=purple] [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[B]WELCOME JOY AND TIM [/B]we are Sherry and Ivor, originally from London England now living in Arizona....this is a great RC so just jump right in. :)

GEORGE great to hear from you and would love to hear all about the trip when you get home....fabulous itinerary...

Glad Pete, Matthew, you had a good time with Mhairi and Tam, isn't it great to meet up before a cruise.

Back later have to have my breakfast :D

Hey Joy, so glad you've decided to post over here. Youll also find a couple of Gladys' good friends, Marilyn, who is cruising this week, and Sue of Sue of Steve are looking forward to seeing her again.

Im off to yet another Walmart trip. I seem to keep thinking of more must takes.

Donna

Thanks for all the welcomes and confirmation about ships time.

[B]Donna[/B] didn’t realize you had met Sue before. We have almost met her 3-4 times and it just never worked out. First time in 07 when they had to cancel a cruise, then we booked our first Celebrity just in time for them to stop smoking on balconies so we cancelled that one, then last year when we were in London found out they were at the Key Ceremony at London Tower the same night we were and didn’t know until later. I have emailed with her since 2007 on that first roll call.

[B]Sandy & Ben[/B], I think you probably met another of our friends at the Chicago meet the other week—Mary Kay.

[B]Jill[/B], I remember posting to you last year about enjoying vacationing several times in the 90’s in Indian Rocks/Indian Shores condos.

[B]Gay[/B], Thanks for all you have done to keep the group organized. I have been the spreadsheet keeper on previous cruises (with Bill's help), and know it is not an easy task. This one is so big I could have never kept all the list straight and worked too!

Hope everyone is having a great Monday. Four weeks from today we are headed to BCN!

[quote name='Joy_K']Thanks for all the welcomes and confirmation about ships time.

[B]Jill[/B], I remember posting to you last year about enjoying vacationing several times in the 90’s in Indian Rocks/Indian Shores condos.

Hope everyone is having a great Monday. Four weeks from today we are headed to BCN![/quote]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=purple][B]Joy[/B], I do remember someone posting about "Our little town of Indian Shores", you would not recognize it now, most of the Mom & Pop places are gone since early 2000 and condos built in their place on the beach...It is a shame but time marches on....Dave & I look forward to meeting you both...[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=purple] [/COLOR][/SIZE]