LGBT Liberty of the Seas 10-29-2011 Transatlantic Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale (Pt2)

CC Help Jenn

Sherry I've not yet tried the new Pumpkin Spice but they sound so good,,,:p

I will bring a couple boxes for some of us to sample,, I don''t think I can carry enough for all 450+ on the RC..

We should be getting our costumes anytime now as they shipped last week.. I know it wont be a big parade like we had on the Freedom cruise and that many don't take part in it ,,,, BUT I do hope for a little fun with the day .... :p I will give out the Lolly Pops as long as they last. I know I will have to hide at least one box from Cherie... :D

I'm sorry but I don't understand your comment about getting into the 'true' spirit of the 'holiday' and why is it a shame? Halloween isn't a holiday in the UK and it would appear my comments have caused offence just because I don't intend to provide candy on the day. Where is the shame in that?

I was not trying to be offensive, nor did anything you say come across as offensive. I was just making a silly comment.:D Growing up in the US, Halloween meant loads and loads of candy (and the sugar coma that follows)...oh and we got to dress up as well. It is interesting to see how different countries celebrate differently. One thing is for sure lots of the gays in the USA see Halloween as a very very special day.

:cool:Thanks for the heads up about the Euros, think I will got to the bank tomorrow and order mine, wooo hooo, getting so close.

Joyce, December 30th 2010 I fell and broke my left shoulder and it had to be imobilized for six weeks, missed a visit to the operating room be centimeters. My family was traveling on the Allure not even three weeks later. My orthopedist was nice enough to give me two slings, one I could wear while sitting in the hot tub and the daily use. It was hard missing out on the zip line, flow rider and coaster at the private island, but I did receive wonderful service from my room steward and server. In fact each night our head waiter would come over and cut my meat and butter my bread :D. Feel better and hope your pain is well managed, I will have Vicodin (long story) on hand should you get desperate. I was supposed to take the Vicodin regularly on the cruise, but I just took the morning dose so I could drink at night! :p

Halloween in Scotland is still a big thing, even up until last year my mother still made Toffee Apples for the kids (me included) it's a handful of peanuts in the shell instead of candy, but before you get this you have to entertain the householder with a song, poem or a joke then get your reward, closet queens use this as a great excuse to drag up.

Edited by scotsman

I personally like to hand out candy when in town but not on the cruise have to watch my weight limit :)
Me too, the weight watching that is!:D

I was not trying to be offensive, nor did anything you say come across as offensive. I was just making a silly comment.:D Growing up in the US, Halloween meant loads and loads of candy (and the sugar coma that follows)...oh and we got to dress up as well. It is interesting to see how different countries celebrate differently. One thing is for sure lots of the gays in the USA see Halloween as a very very special day.
It is only in the past few years that Halloween is being promoted as a major event and I suppose not having children means that I have not been involved as it is promoted as a mainly youngsters thing here. The stores are full of costumes, but mainly for children.

Halloween in Scotland is still a big thing, even up until last year my mother still made Toffee Apples for the kids (me included) it's a handful of peanuts in the shell instead of candy, but before you get this you have to entertain the householder with a song, poem or a joke then get your reward, closet queens use this as a great excuse to drag up.
That's why were glad we're away from home on Halloween as after the 4th or 5th ringing of the doorbell by youths demanding something, without providing anything in return, it gets tiring;)

We still have the family 'dooking' for apples (also known as bobbing for apples) and I also have jam doughnuts hanging from string from a makeship pole - where you have to try and eat the doughnut with your hands behind your back and blindfolded - It is so funny and everyone gets a bit competitive and load shouting instructions. The neighbours children usually come round guising - do a turn and we give them sweets, fruit and peanuts. The shops are usually full of peanuts and tangerines at this time of year.

Not had a toffee apple for years George - love the toffee but could leave the apple!

We still have the family 'dooking' for apples (also known as bobbing for apples) and I also have jam doughnuts hanging from string from a makeship pole - where you have to try and eat the doughnut with your hands behind your back and blindfolded - It is so funny and everyone gets a bit competitive and load shouting instructions. The neighbours children usually come round guising - do a turn and we give them sweets, fruit and peanuts. The shops are usually full of peanuts and tangerines at this time of year.

Not had a toffee apple for years George - love the toffee but could leave the apple!

That brought back a lot of memories from my childhood!! :D

This made me smile:

HOW TO CALL THE POLICE WHEN YOU'RE OLD, AND DON'T MOVE FAST ANYMORE.

George Phillips, an elderly man, from Orangeville , Ontario, Canada was going up to bed, when his wife told him that he'd left the light on in the garden shed, which she could see from the bedroom window. George opened the back door to go turn off the light, but saw that there were people in the shed stealing things..

He phoned the police, who asked "Is someone in your house?"

He said "No," but some people are breaking into my garden shed and stealing from me.

Then the police dispatcher said "All patrols are busy. You should lock your doors and an officer will be along when one is available"

George said, "Okay."

He hung up the phone and counted to 30. Then he phoned the police again.

"Hello, I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people stealing things from my shed. Well, you don't have to worry about them now because I just shot and killed them both, the dogs are eating them right now." and he hung up.

Within five minutes, six Police Cars, a SWAT Team, a Helicopter, two Fire Trucks, a Paramedic, and an Ambulance showed up at the Phillips' residence, and caught the burglars red-handed.

One of the Policemen said to George, "I thought you said that you'd shot them!"

George said, "I thought you said there was nobody available!"

(True Story) I LOVE IT! Don't mess with old people.

Mhairi

Good Day everyone..........

We have not been home in the last few years for Halloween. Miss seeing the kids all dressed up but LOVE being away and not having to worry about decorating the house and getting enough candy........

Joy (JoKet) has volunteered to create a ship phone directory for the LOSTies. I've attached a copy of the spreadsheet containing names and cabin numbers. Please check your cabin number and send any corrections to me Okiguync at yahoo dot com Thanks to Joy for the effort.

LOST Cabins.pdf

Thanks for the phone directory,, I'm printing it in case I need to call someone..

All the Halloween stuff got to wonder about the origin of it..To my surprise, It certainly goes way back to the Roman Days.. Anyway if any of you have an interest check this link..

Joy (JoKet) has volunteered to create a ship phone directory for the LOSTies. I've attached a copy of the spreadsheet containing names and cabin numbers. Please check your cabin number and send any corrections to me Okiguync at yahoo dot com Thanks to Joy for the effort.

Thanks Bill

I've checked and we're good thanks Bill and for the updated spreadsheet.

Mhairi Thanks for the Joke of the Day just what I needed to start my busy day...it was real good. :)

Starting my countdown to leaving on the 19th....have checked off most of my list... stopped mail, papers, ordered extra meds for my dogs. etc. etc....so much to do...

Looking forward to having a fun and somewhat relaxing cruise on the sea days...

Although I was promised feedback from RCI when and if reservations would be possible, I have not received anything.

However, I check the web site daily and I have just discovered that reservations are now possible but only for the following dates, times and shows at the moment. Hopefully they are in the process of loading more of the schedule.

Sat, 29th Oct

9:30 pm - In The Air

Sun, 30th Oct

No Shows Listed

Mon, 31st Oct

No Shows Listed

Tue, 1st Nov

7:30 pm - In the Air

Wed, 2nd Nov

No Shows Listed

Thu, 3rd Nov

No Shows Listed

Fri, 4th Nov

No Shows Listed

Sat, 5th Nov

No Shows Listed

Sun, 6th Nov

No Shows Listed

Mon, 7th Nov

4:00 pm - Encore! an Ice Spectacular

Tue, 8th Nov

Wed, 9th Nov

7:30 pm - Encore! an Ice Spectacular

9:30 pm - Saturday Night Fever

Thu, 10th Nov

7:30 pm - Saturday Night Fever

9:30 pm - Encore! an Ice Spectacular

Fri, 11th Nov

No Shows Listed

BTW show times are:

Encore! an Ice Spectacular - 60 mins

Saturday Night Fever - 90 mins

In the Air - 50 mins

Edited by peteukmcr

Sandy, glad you are dancing. Still no doc dance here!! I kept looking this afternoon and still everything is greyed out. Hopefully soon. I know I can pick them up at the port but that can be confusing keeping track of your luggage as porters want to get it. I guess I could enlarge the model on the set sail pass and plaster it everwhere on the bags. I cant imagine what the issue is.

I did work on a daily calendar for the cruise and pre cruise time in Barcelona today. Pre cruise Im still going to look at the weather before I set off for the day except for the day we have planned for Montserrat.

Donna

Peter.....thanks for the heads up on the entertainment. We're all booked for the three shows. You, my dear, are our Cruise Director extraordinaire!:D

And the last piece of our cruise puzzle is done--just booked our wine package, because God forbid I don't have my wine on the ship!! LOL!:D:eek:

I just wish I could sit back and relax now. At the rate I'm going I will be a total basket case by the time we get on that plane on Monday!

Edited by KeywestK

I don't think I would put it on my door, But I'm thinking I'll bring a box of Sees Pumpkin Spice Lolly Pops to hand out... :D

9129pumpkinlollybig.jpg

I love Sees lollipops. They are my favorites and hard to find on east coast. Could you get me some of those? I will send you money in advance. I need it to make my arm boo boo feel better. They really look good.

Booked our shows

In th air. Nov 1

Ice show. Nov 7

And SNF. Nov 10

Who is joining us?

Have a dinner tomorrow with some Losties we met at a luncheon. I am planning on going for my first outing.

Life must go on!:D

Kudos to Jerry who has really gone out of his way to help me and smile all the while.

Ok enough mush!

We are really getting close now. Now that I have double luggage tags does it mean I can bring more luggage??

Joyce

Although I was promised feedback from RCI when and if reservations would be possible, I have not received anything.

However, I check the web site daily and I have just discovered that reservations are now possible but only for the following dates, times and shows at the moment. Hopefully they are in the process of loading more of the schedule.

Sat, 29th Oct

9:30 pm - In The Air

Sun, 30th Oct

No Shows Listed

Mon, 31st Oct

No Shows Listed

Tue, 1st Nov

7:30 pm - In the Air

Wed, 2nd Nov

No Shows Listed

Thu, 3rd Nov

No Shows Listed

Fri, 4th Nov

No Shows Listed

Sat, 5th Nov

No Shows Listed

Sun, 6th Nov

No Shows Listed

Mon, 7th Nov

Tue, 8th Nov

Wed, 9th Nov

7:30 pm - Encore! an Ice Spectacular

9:30 pm - Saturday Night Fever

Thu, 10th Nov

7:30 pm - Saturday Night Fever

9:30 pm - Encore! an Ice Spectacular

Fri, 11th Nov

No Shows Listed

BTW show times are:

Encore! an Ice Spectacular - 60 mins

Saturday Night Fever - 90 mins

In the Air - 50 mins

Does anyone understand how SNF works for late dining at 8:30????? Am I confused or do we have to rush dinner in less than an hour?