LGBT Liberty of the Seas 10-29-2011 Transatlantic Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale (Pt2)

CC Help Jenn

JOYCE how are you doing... hope the pain has eased up

I was checking my reservations and I have Chops for 7.30pm on the 29th was that right, for some reason I thought it was 7pm...

I will have to change one of my shows I booked for that night 9.30pm will not work

Joyce I will be happy to pick up a box of Sees Lolly Pops for you.. I am planning on bringing 2 of the large PUMPKIN SPICE if you want a box maybe I'll get the 3rd box in the original Carmel and split some of each.. You can pay me on the ship.. It's almost to late for snail mail..:D

Glad to hear your elbow is doing a little better..

Booked our shows

In th air. Nov 1

Ice show. Nov 7

And SNF. Nov 10

Who is joining us?

Joyce, see you in the Platinum Theatre on the 1st and Studio B on the 7th!

Does anyone understand how SNF works for late dining at 8:30????? Am I confused or do we have to rush dinner in less than an hour?
Paul, perhaps they will schedule another show during the first week of the sailing that will be suitable for late seating diners. The times in May were similar, in fact the later of the 2 performances was 9:15 pm. If not, then they are suggesting that dinner is over within an hour (which it was for us) because the show is 90 mins and :so if you attend the 7:30 pm show you'd be late for dinner.

I cannot understand why SNF is planned so that you cannot eat at the main seating. However I bit the bullet and booked on the basis that I presumably can change nearer the time if need be. I haven't told John yet but we have the following reservations.

1st Nov In the Air

7th Nov Ice show

9th Nov SNF at 9.30pm.

If necessary we'll have to have dinner in the buffet (John would hate that) on the 9th but I suppose we may have an early dinner at Portofino. Not prepared to be pushed into booking that yet though. He doesn't believe in paying for things in advance if he can pay later. ;)

Corinne

JOYCE.....So glad you are doing well enough to join some of the LOST-ies this evening! Keep up the good work. BTW, check out your malls during Xmas, as around here, Sees Candy often pops up at mall kiosks at that time. Those are some yummy chocolates.....:D

Regarding the ressies for the shows......Just get your ressies for the shows nailed, and I'm thinking it's a good chance that we can change them once we're on the ship, if we decide to. I went ahead and booked all three shows just to have it done. BUT I'm not 100% convinced I won't change one or two of them once we are onboard...;) None of these shows are reserved seating--essentially they are just counting heads for each show....;):)

We signed up for:

In The Air - 10/29 - 9:30

SNF - 11/9 - 9:30

Encore - 11/10 - 9:30

Up waaaaaay too early this morning.....busy day......getting super excited AND nervous.......will probably throw everything in the suitcases later today and spend the next few days just staring at them.....:confused:

Been a bit busy this week, so have not had time to post. Geoffrey has torn the cartilage in his right knee and is having an op to fix it on Friday. Hopefully, he will be OK for the cruise.........

I also have 15 people for dinner on Saturday night, so the timing is not good!!

Joyce, hope you are feeling better and that the pain is lessening

Been a bit busy this week, so have not had time to post. Geoffrey has torn the cartilage in his right knee and is having an op to fix it on Friday. Hopefully, he will be OK for the cruise.........

Oh Marilyn.....So sorry to learn this about Geoffrey. Hopefully with laproscoptic surgery he will mend quickly. Never good timing for an injury but with surgery erev Yom Tov (Translation to non-Jewish friends: Eve of holiday--in this case Yom Kippur,) that's really lousy timing. Sending hugs to you both. On a lighter note, Geoffrey and Joyce can share 'war stories'....;):)

Busy day......heading out again soon.....Hope all is well with everyone else!

Been busy selling tickets to Carolina Panther's games that will be played while we are away. With a losing season looming they arent the most popular items on ebay but happy with having sold two games so far.

George, do you get the tickets in the lounge that day or pre book with the concierge? Im going to enjoy the pampering but completely new to it.

Karen, seems youll be the first to leave. Wonder who gets to turn out the lights? We leave on the 24th.

Been making restaurant reservations for Barcelona. Anyone heard of any good finds?

Marilyn, Wish Geoffrey a quick recovery.

Donna

Edited by kylea_s

Marilyn, sorry to hear about Geoffrey's knee, hope everything goes well on Friday.

If your lucky enough to be in a suite or D+ there is no need to reserve any of the shows.
Yes George don't rub it in!:D I know you'll enjoy being corralled into the pen in the middle of the theatre whilst we mere mortals shuffle on by to the seats across the aisle!:D

Looking for advice on Wine packages.

Should I purchase them now or once on board? I thought I remembered reading something that the prices are better before but not sure. Thoughts?

ALSO:

We got our shows booked, now we won't miss out on shows this year like we did last time.

Should I purchase them now or once on board? I thought I remembered reading something that the prices are better before but not sure. Thoughts?

ALSO:

We got our shows booked, now we won't miss out on shows this year like we did last time.

Hi, I don't think it makes much difference to you guys in the US if you purchase them beforehand or once onboard.

However, for us in the UK as we have to pay in GBP it was beneficial to purchase in advance as the US$ to GBP exchange rate RCI was using was far better than I could get at a bank here in the UK. For example the 12 bottle Platinum package I believe is $300 plus 15% gratuity = $345. RCI in the UK was charging us £183 plus 15% for this = £210.45.

The best exchange rate I've had recently was $1.54 to 1GBP (even worse at the moment, down to around $1.5 to 1GBP) so even using this the package would have cost us £224. At the moment with the latest exchange rates it would cost us £230 if we waited until onboard.

Hope that helps

Been busy selling tickets to Carolina Panther's games that will be played while we are away. With a losing season looming they arent the most popular items on ebay but happy with having sold two games so far.

George, do you get the tickets in the lounge that day or pre book with the concierge? Im going to enjoy the pampering but completely new to it.

Karen, seems youll be the first to leave. Wonder who gets to turn out the lights? We leave on the 24th.

Been making restaurant reservations for Barcelona. Anyone heard of any good finds?

Marilyn, Wish Geoffrey a quick recovery.

Donna

DONNA.....I think I am one of the first to leave. I think there is someone on the other roll call who is leaving a day or two before me. I'm pretty much a basket case at this point. It feel very stressful to know we will be away from home for almost 5 weeks. By nature I am a homebody, so this will be interesting!

We are thinking part of the fun of walking around Barcelona will be to check out the different restaurants and try a few different ones for tapas, a full meal, drinks, dessert, etc.......:) Would love to try as many different places as possible!:D

Should I purchase them now or once on board? I thought I remember reading something that the prices are better before but not sure. Thoughts?

ALSO:

The prices for the wine package, if paying in USD, is the same in advance as it is onboard. The only benefit to ordering in advance online is that we are paying for it now versus being charged to our sea pass account. PLUS, it frees up my OBC monies to be used for other things...:)

Good morning all, well we got moved again and right before we cruise. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1495638

Karen, we have the same showtimes, for everything, will see you there.:)

Marilyn, wishing Geoffrey all the best and all goes well for him on Monday. :)

Gay

GAY....We will likely stick with our original ressies. We just wanted to get something 'on the books.' So more than likely we will see you there!:)

The prices for the wine package, if paying in USD, is the same in advance as it is onboard. The only benefit to ordering in advance online is that we are paying for it now versus being charged to our sea pass account. PLUS, it frees up my OBC monies to be used for other things...:)

They will still charge the service charge irrespective of when I purchase it correct?