LGBT Liberty of the Seas 10-29-2011 Transatlantic Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale (Pt2)

CC Help Jenn

Mhairi, Billy Ocean lives (or used to, a few years ago) near us in Surrey. His son played cricket with our boys at Bagshot when they were teenagers. He used to come and watch, and always looked a little exotic with his dreadlocks. Little did I know that my older son would have blonde dreadlocks for two years in his early twenties. ;)

Corinne

He's playing another rewind 80's concert in a couple of weeks down in Henley - I'd never would have guessed he stayed in the UK, I thought it was the US or the Caribbean somewhere. It's amazing what you learn on here.

Mhairi

Happy Weekend to all. Its sales tax free weekend here, no tax on clothes, computers, school supplies, and sports equipment. There are no big purchases planned here but its a really good time to update computers. The only thing we really need is printer paper!!

There was a terrible thunderstorm this afternoon. Electricity was out for a bit. Flash Floods on several major streets with cars caught and covered in water. Two people have drowned. Hopefully the worst of it has past at least the weather maps look like that.

Donna

Quick good morning from very wet Macnhester. Off out to breakfast in a minute. Beth is gorgeous, a very happy little girl, but of course, I am a bit biased.

Hope all went OK yesterday Peter, I was thinking about how you must be feeling.

Corinne

Good Morning everyone. A little slow today as there was a 'farewell' celebration last night. I can't believe we ended up in line in MacDonalds for a burger!

Anyway, 12 weeks today and we'll be heading to the port to embark on this adventure! Actually looking at the time, will hopefully be on board by now!

Good Morning everyone. A little slow today as there was a 'farewell' celebration last night. I can't believe we ended up in line in MacDonalds for a burger!

Anyway, 12 weeks today and we'll be heading to the port to embark on this adventure! Actually looking at the time, will hopefully be on board by now!

You really pushed the boat out then!!

Just finished work - so my weekend starts now.

Wish we had tax free weekends, what a good reason for going shopping (I'm rather good at it) - Hope everyone enjoys the weekend.

After this weekend there's only 11 weekends to go.............

Mhairi

Quick good morning from very wet Macnhester. Off out to breakfast in a minute. Beth is gorgeous, a very happy little girl, but of course, I am a bit biased.

Hope all went OK yesterday Peter, I was thinking about how you must be feeling.

Corinne

CORINNE.....Enjoy every minute with Beth. Grandchildren are the BEST!

PETER.....I checked out your send off pics on FB. But McDonalds?? How did that happen??

OK, so I tried to do my online check in and the RCCL website must be on overload right now because it wouldn't let me in. Will try again later.....:)

Peter, those farewell parties are sad and when all of you have worked together you become a team, we wish you all the best in finding a new job from our Left Coast.:)

Karen since it is the weekend, wonder if that is the reason for the slowdown on RCL.

We have a family , well I think it is a family of Hummingbirds, squabbling over the feeder, so I told them this morning there is enough for everyone and to stop fighting.:). We saw 3 this morning all darting around and chasing each other.

Have a great weekend.

Gay

PETER.....I checked out your send off pics on FB. But McDonalds?? How did that happen??
How did it happen, easy, we came out of the bar (where we had already eaten earlier I might add) and my ex-colleague decided she wanted food and MacDonalds is immediately opposite the bar and so in we went!

Peter

At least you know where your placed now after all the waiting, hopefuly you will find something soon.

Mhairi

I see you are also a friend of Glen (Springaussie) he came to vist me after his TA on the Inde in 2010 :) we met the year earlier on the Serenade SFO to Alaska, Corinne and John were also on that cruise.

How did it happen, easy, we came out of the bar (where we had already eaten earlier I might add) and my ex-colleague decided she wanted food and MacDonalds is immediately opposite the bar and so in we went!

LOL, OK that makes sense. So I did get online with RCCL and checked in and printed out the Set Sail Pass. Previously I attempted it in Firefox with no success. As soon as I tried in Explorer, went right through, no problems. Go figure....:confused:

Peter

At least you know where your placed now after all the waiting, hopefuly you will find something soon.

Mhairi

I see you are also a friend of Glen (Springaussie) he came to vist me after his TA on the Inde in 2010 :) we met the year earlier on the Serenade SFO to Alaska, Corinne and John were also on that cruise.

We met him on that TA and we've managed to keep in touch - Great lad -I tried to give him some advice on chatting the girls up - his technique was needing some improvement.

The cruising world, really is getting smaller! I remember him saying he was meeting you.

How's the retirement going?

Mhairi

[quote name=Desert Cruizers;30076965

Karen since it is the weekend' date=' wonder if that is the reason for the slowdown on RCL.

We have a family , well I think it is a family of Hummingbirds, squabbling over the feeder, so I told them this morning there is enough for everyone and to stop fighting.:). We saw 3 this morning all darting around and chasing each other.

Have a great weekend.

Gay[/quote]

Gay, John adores Hummingbirds, how lovely it is to watch them. We don't have them in the UK.

Mhairi

I think Darlene and Larry were with us too, is that right? That was a great cruise!

Corinne

Hi Corinne,

Alaska was a great cruise.

Avrom and I along with Darlene and Larry were there.

Glen was supposed to be on our TA out of Rome next year but has change to the VOS out of Barcelona to Dubai and then on to Singapore. I believe 26 nights.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Just checking in.... still out shopping for the reception keep ordering more and more stuff, so frightened I will not have enough food...Looking forward to Vegas on the 16th, there are about 30 of us going up there for the ceremony....

So looking forward to this cruise, it has been a long time coming but it has given us plenty of time to get to know each other.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

I couldn't agree more! We'll be getting on the ship with $250 OBC from our shareholders benefits, but it'll be spent in a blink--alcohol, specialty restaurant(s), spa, oh the list could go on and on. Like most people, we try to pay for as much up front as possible so the sticker shock on our Visa card isn't too bad when we get home....;)

We'll be boarding with $700 OBC! $250 from shareholder credit, another $50 from TA, and $400 from Royal Caribbean VISA reward points. Hopefully that will keep our onboard account to a minimum, since we've prepaid gratuities and most of our excursions are being done through independent tours.

Jo-Ann

We are cashing in $350 Visa Points, plus $50 from my Agent :D....don't have stocks shares but still have a nice bit of onboard credit......and I am sure I won't have any trouble spending all of it, and some :D

Does anyone know who our CD is.....

Edited by sebritish

Just popping in to say hello and goodbye as we are leaving shortly for our family cruise to the Norwegian Fjords. Family from Israel have all arrived safely and it was wonderful to be with all my grandchildren at once - a first for us!

They're a noisy bunch, so I think I may invest in some ear plugs!!

Back next Sunday. Be good!!

Just popping in to say hello and goodbye as we are leaving shortly for our family cruise to the Norwegian Fjords. Family from Israel have all arrived safely and it was wonderful to be with all my grandchildren at once - a first for us!

They're a noisy bunch, so I think I may invest in some ear plugs!!

Back next Sunday. Be good!!

Marilyn have a wonderful time with the family and cruising the Fjords :D

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday and is having a great weekend :D

Edited by mancmatt26

Hope you have great time Marilyn.

We have no OBC. Our agent did discount the price, which they are allowed to do here but we have nothing else and will need the gratuities on the account too. Unfortunately, we are not able to have the RCCL card here in Europe, so no chance to earn OBC that way. Did get Diamond Balcony discount though. ;)

Ruth, sorry I forgot you and Avrom too. There were a lot of us 'Regulars' on that Repo weren't there?

Corinne