LGBT Liberty of the Seas 10-29-2011 Transatlantic Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale (Pt2)

CC Help Jenn

Hi all, a quick check in. So busy at work and home haven't had much time to say HI.

Joyce, hope your healing fine. Looks like lots of folks will be helping you and Jerry out.

Corrine, congrats on a successful opening night. Enjoy!

Marilyn, so sorry to hear about Geoffrey. Hope his procedure goes/is going/went smoothly. Let him know we are all saying prayers for a speedy recovery.

Have a great weekend - will try to check in more frequently now that we are nearing final countdown to departures.

And happy Yom Kippor to all of those celebrating!!

Afternoon and great photos Peter. Such a nice looking group.:)

I don't know if some have stopped by our new Thread, but today, Mary has displayed her talents in writting Poems. I think you will enjoy reading them. :)

Marilyn I do hope Geoffrey is doing well.

Gay

Hi Gay, yes thanks just been over to the other thread and noticed the poem from Mary.

Oh sure, now I come back and y'all take off. Where did y'all go?? Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Peter, great pics of Liberty - made for a nice wakeup this morning.

Folks on the other board are saying there are 2,000 D+ on this sailing:eek:. If that number is solid, all I can say is WOW! The good new is with that many folks in the D+ lounge(s), those of us in steerage (Gold and Platinum) should have no problem finding drinks elsewhere on board:D

Quick hello. Hoping to make up for lost night of sleep. Painful day. Hopefully tomorrow I can put some things together for the trip. Still have a photo session to do for my boss before I go away for her son. I think using a tripod will allow me to compensate for only one hand:D. Have 10 days before that so hopefully I can do it for her. This is her only shot at photos since in her temple no photographs are allowed on Saturdays.

Took a 10 minute nap today and when Inwoke thought I was in my cabin for a split second. Then realized it was my guest room! Boy was I pissed:eek:

Joyce

Just a quick update on Geoffrey......

Op went OK. They kept him in overnight until 4.30 pm the next day, so not only did I feed 14, but spent most of the day at the hosp. He is on crutches, can't bend his knee, can't walk properly, but other than that, he is OK......

I am knackered, still have some clearing up from last night to do - after I take G breakfast in bed! My only pleasure in life is that I get to give him an injection every night for the next 6 weeks so that he doesn't get a DVT as he can't tolerate aspirin. How I shall enjoy sticking that needle in.......

As you can probably tell, nursing is not my vocation!!

Other than that, all our friends enjoyed the meal I made and we had a jolly evening. Don't know how I got through yesterday, but I am here to tell the tale.

Roll on that cruise!

If anyone is intending to rent a Tux from RCI, here's a bit of advice. (Here's the link https://tuxedorentals.rccl.com/tuxedo/tuxrental.nsf)

I had a problem when I tried to place the reservations yesterday.

When I clicked on the drop down boxes for some of the options, they flashed and disappeared so you couldn't select anything and a lot of the values were grayed out.

Even if you put values in the boxes underneath the drop down options where you can input specific sizes, when you selected 'Submit' the system said the information was incomplete and you could not proceed.

Several times the system also said that various options were not available. It was very frustrating and of course my only option was to telephone the US (the UK office could not help as it is all done from the US) at international call rates. So I emailed the orders but didn't get a response.

So this morning I tried using Mozilla Firefox as my internet browser and had success!

So relieved to be able to order everything and receive confirmation numbers and resulting emails. Now I just had to email RCI to tell them to ignore my previous email as we now have the orders done online.

I am used to the fact the a lot of the RCI website is optimised to work with Internet Explorer and I use this as my default browser. In the past when people have experienced problems accessing the RCI website using Firefox or Google Chrome, if they then change and use IE they have no problems. So it was strange to find it the other way around. At least I can relax now knowing that another couple of the pieces of the jigsaw are in place.

Never had problems reserving Tux before but have only ever ordered the 'classic' package, this time we want the 'combination' package to be able to 'ring the changes' over the 3 formal nights.

Edited by peteukmcr

PETER....Glad you got the tux situation worked out. Shame it had to be so complicated!

MARILYN....Thank you for the update on Geoffrey. Hopefully he will bounce back soon and YOU will get some well deserved rest!

Well guys, this is about it for us. We are all packed and ready to leave tomorrow for France. We'll be spending time with David's family, taking a few side trips (Burgundy and Normandy,) and exploring Madrid and Toledo before taking the AVE to Barcelona. A year and a half in the planning and we're ready to roll. We wish you all safe travels and will see you in Barcelona!:D

PETER....Glad you got the tux situation worked out. Shame it had to be so complicated!

MARILYN....Thank you for the update on Geoffrey. Hopefully he will bounce back soon and YOU will get some well deserved rest!

Well guys, this is about it for us. We are all packed and ready to leave tomorrow for France. We'll be spending time with David's family, taking a few side trips (Burgundy and Normandy,) and exploring Madrid and Toledo before taking the AVE to Barcelona. A year and a half in the planning and we're ready to roll. We wish you all safe travels and will see you in Barcelona!:D

Karen, travel safely and have a wonderful time with the family. Can't wait to meet you on board! xx

Karen: Hope you have an uneventful flight and a great time in France and Spain before sailaway.

Peter: Thanks for the photos yesterday. Glad you got the tux rental worked out. Got Tim's classic pkg ordered yesterday with no problems. He does not like the backless vest so takes his own vest and rents the rest.

Donna: So glad you finally got your documents.

Marilyn: Glad Geoffrey's surgery went well and wishing him a speedy recovery. He needs to be on best behaviour for the next 6 weeks since you get to stick him every night for a while.

Joyce: Hope you are feeling much better by the end of the month. Good luck with the photography session next week.

Corinne: Glad your play was a success! Now to get ready for the cruise :)

Karen & Pete, have a terrific and safe trip to France and we will see you in Barcelona. I have everything ready for you and can give it to you in Barcelona.

Marilyn, so happy to hear Geoffrey is on the mend and hope he continues to improve. With Joyce in an arm sling and Geoffrey on crutches, they will have plenty of L.O.S.T sailors to help them get their drinks & navigate our vessel.:)

With so many incurring bumps in the road, I feel a celebration is in order to congratulate them on their recoveries.:)

Gay

Karen, I wish you and David safe travels. We will see you in Barcelona. Enjoy your trip through France.

Karen & David: Safe travels to France, enjoy the pastries :p & of course the family...See you at the hotel on the 27th...

Safe journey Karen & David - see you onboard.

Great video Peter.

Hope Geoffrey has a speedy recovery Marilyn and he's not got you running about too much. You'll both be in need of a holiday by time this cruise comes round.

Got the cases down from the loft. Started laying out clothes and seeing what fits and what doesn't. Still got a few weeks left to lose a few extra pounds:(

Who's next to be leaving??

Hi All,

Marilyn hope you take it easy and don't get worn out taking care of Geoffrey...........Hope he gets much better fast.

Peter thanks for that video.

Karen you and David have a safe travels...........see you at the hotel.

PETER I really enjoyed the video looks a nice beach too but doubt we will spend time doing that when there is so much more to see and do.

MARILYN, I am sure you are a good Nurse for Geoffrey but don't overdo it either....

CORINNE sounds like you had a successful play, well done

JOYCE hope as each day goes by you are doing better.

10 more days and we will be on our way.....after so long cannot believe it is almost here....looking forward to seeing everyone...

Edited by sebritish