Speedos - Square Cut & Trunks - Oh My!

Mermen

I am a larger (weight wise) guy and I get the nastiest looks for even getting in the pool shirtless. It can be really hurtful the way some people act and the way they judge. I could only image the looks/comments if I were to wear a speedo.

I must also agree that in the US any hint of male sexuality or genitals and people go hysterical. Imagine if guys here wore the narrow cut swimsuit bottoms like the women do? It is crazy and stupid.

And who can forget the scandal of the Singapore Water Polo Team.....:D

http://metro.co.uk/2010/11/26/singapore-water-polo-team-criticised-for-inappropriate-trunks-591318/

....whilst we are on the subject of what may be inappropriate, I really wouldn't want to see this former reality TV star lolloping round the pool either, Yuk...

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/10/07/chantelle-houghton-weight-bikini-pictures_n_4055804.html?icid=maing-grid7|uk|dl2|sec1_lnk1%26pLid%3D214133

If Chantal Houghton can get away with that look, I wouldn't give Speedos a second thought!

:eek:

I was on the Island Princess doing a through canal trip last month and we had a good number of Canadians, Aussies and a few British aboard. I saw a number of men in the pool area wearing what we in the US call square cut speedos. The majority of the pax on this cruise were from the retired group so it was interesting seeing these men attired in scanty swim suits. I did not hear any complaints and wished I had some to wear as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Just think, my first post on here and its on the topic of Speedos.. LOL. Anyhow. Ive been wearing them for decades, and im in good shape still. So I will continue.

I will be on a cruise the week of Dec 14th 2013 and will be in Speedos. Im 6-3, 155. This will be my 23rd cruise.

Archived