Help Please... Transportation from ship to Rome hotel after cruise

Nansea7

Hi,

I'm leaving in a few weeks on the Equinox for a Mediterranean cruise. What are some recommendations for transportation to my hotel in Rome where I'm spending a night before leaving for home the next day?

Thanks so much for your help !

Hi,

I'm leaving in a few weeks on the Equinox for a Mediterranean cruise. What are some recommendations for transportation to my hotel in Rome where I'm spending a night before leaving for home the next day?

Thanks so much for your help !

Used Romeinlimo for FCO toPort,Port to Rome & Rome to FCO. Always there waiting for us. Very nice drivers-no hassle factor. If you e-mail them request a reduced $ for all 3 transfers.

Have awonderful trip

Carole

I have engaged transportation in the past and recently "googled" again.

Several good/responsible companies that offer pick-up and delivery to Rome Hotels from 130-180 Euros. Hotels asked 250 to arrange same service ! One company sends a van and divides price among all riders

(sign up in advance). Vehicles range from Mercedes to whatever mini-vans.

Usually allow 2 bags per and carry-on. Off course, cruiselines offer transfer

but savings on cost eroded by time spent and private car gets you to Rome

much earlier...as I understand it, you will have short time. You have several choices depending upon your personal preference:) Wish you could stay in Rome a bit longer, bit of a shame to have to leave so soon.Prices were for "couples" sorry I almost forgot to add that...old age:p

The train is a good option if you are looking to save some $$, as Romecabs will be about 150Euro based on my November reservation for 4 people.

It comes down to personal preference on spending $$ and having a driver immediately outside the ship waiting for you, or saving the $$ and using the train.

But the train's downside (IMO) is dragging my bags 4 blocks (i believe its somewhat uphill and on rough streets, if i recall), waiting for the train, taking the train to the main Rome Terminal, and then taking cab, walking, etc to my hotel.

Personally at the end of my cruise i am not looking for the extra stress of all that, but that's me. We each have to weigh the pros and cons of options and make our own final choice.

Don't get me wrong, i LOVE trains in Europe and on my May trip this year did a major tour of Italy on train from Rome to Cinque Terre, Milan, Bologna, Florence and back to Rome. But i was packed for Train Travel with one small bag and always staying walking distance to the train stations....When i cruise we will have two large bags each, plus carry-ons....so trains become less enticing!

one last question.... If I do take Romecabs, what time do you think I should tell them to pick us up? We don't want to be first off the ship, but we do want to get to where we're going... I'm thinking around 9:00 or so...Any advice? (The ship gets in supposedly at 4:30 a.m.)

Thanks !

I'd get off sooner than that....call your hotel and find out if you can leave your bags early on the day of check in. Then get out and enjoy your limited time in Rome. I suspect that with traffic and the normal efficiency of the Italian way :D, it may be 2 1/2 to 3 hours from time you leave the ship until you are ready to hit the sidewalks in Rome. So if you don't leave until 9:00 it will be after noon before you can start sightseeing. I'd ask the company how early they can meet you...probably around 7:00.

Also, if you want to try to share a ride with others check your Roll Call.

Archived