EOS Cruise Director and Staff

I think that they are amazing people. Jimmy Rhodes is a hilarious and talented man. The How U Cruisin' morning shows were informative and amusing. He is all over the place trying to get people involved and having a good time. Jacinta is a great second to him. They play off of each other well on tv and live. She said it best. "You have to get involved people." Their crew of Elvis, Patricio, Marco, Nordia etc...want nothing more than for you to have a good time and every one of them is a pleasure to talk to and get to know. They are very hands on people and approachable. They wanted to keep the party going every night with us. If we talked to them at a game show or production show, they asked you to go to karaoke afterwards. When you saw them at karaoke, they asked if you would be meeting up with them at the afterparty in The Chamber. Their jobs run from morning to midnight and beyond and they could be miserable about it, but they're not. They make for a great stay on a cruise ship. What is everyone else's opinions?

My apologies if a thread like this already existed. I checked all 14 pages and saw nothing.

Bart

I think that they are amazing people. Jimmy Rhodes is a hilarious and talented man. The How U Cruisin' morning shows were informative and amusing. He is all over the place trying to get people involved and having a good time. Jacinta is a great second to him. They play off of each other well on tv and live. She said it best. "You have to get involved people." Their crew of Elvis' date=' Patricio, Marco, Nordia etc...want nothing more than for you to have a good time and every one of them is a pleasure to talk to and get to know. They are very hands on people and approachable. They wanted to keep the party going every night with us. If we talked to them at a game show or production show, they asked you to go to karaoke afterwards. When you saw them at karaoke, they asked if you would be meeting up with them at the afterparty in The Chamber. Their jobs run from morning to midnight and beyond and they could be miserable about it, but they're not. They make for a great stay on a cruise ship. What is everyone else's opinions?

My apologies if a thread like this already existed. I checked all 14 pages and saw nothing.

Bart[/quote']

I totally 100% agree with this. I did lots of research before sailing on the Explorer in June and most posts said he was nothing special, just alright. Well let me tell you, we absolutely loved him and his staff as well. Jimmy Rhodes is one of the best, if not the best cruise director that Royal Caribbean employs. He was probably the most active CD, as I saw him all over the ship, and he actually stopped to say Hi and talk with you for a few moments. His quest was the best quest I have experienced. And yes, Jacinta his right hand girl was a great second to him. I loved their HOW U CRUISIN shows. It was really nice (and funny) to see all of the people say HOW U CRUISIN throughout the ship to show how much he connects with the cruisers!!

Jimmy is probably my favorite CD. We had him several years ago on Monarch and his cooking demo had me almost rolling down the stairs laughing! He is very personable and down to earth. Wouls love to have him on one of my cruises again. We are looking at Explorer for 2013 so maybe then!

Jimmy is probably my favorite CD. We had him several years ago on Monarch and his cooking demo had me almost rolling down the stairs laughing! He is very personable and down to earth. Wouls love to have him on one of my cruises again. We are looking at Explorer for 2013 so maybe then!

I believe I read that Richard Spacey is going to be on the Explorer for a while. Not sure if that is accurate or not, but I don't see him going down to that size of a ship with what he's been used to lately, unless he just wanted a break from the Oasis and Freedom class sizes ships.

I got to be on the cooking demo with him. I never laughed so hard in my life. He "accidently" spilled cake icing on me and said that I couldn't crowd him. He was a "professional." After the show he asked if I wanted the shirt dry-cleaned for free. Nah...I loved it, and I got a copy of the show to keep and watch over and over.

Bart

The show was on day 3 of the cruise and aired repeatedly on RCTV. I was the "cakeguy" for the rest of the cruise with the rest of the guests and even the guys from The Drifters knew of me. It was funny to be asked "how was the cake?" multiple times every day for the next six days.

Archived