Change in Maiden Voyage to April 24,2012

doubledobles

Has everyone gotten the change in itinerary and date of the Riviera's Maiden Voyage? It is now a twelve days with a completely different itinerary along with a shipboard credit of $250 as a gesture of thanks due to the inconvenience. Additionally, visas to Turkey (the last stop being Istanbul) are gratis, couresty of Oceania.

I am delighted that the ship is stopping in Israel for three days!

Are you all being paid to make these remarks? Did everyone get their same stateroom? I'm sure, if you all are all travel agents. Why didn't they tell the passengers on this itinerary that they would have to change their staterooms because this trip was changed to the Maiden Voyage. Of course not--didn't happen.

Are we chumps? No way.

Are you all being paid to make these remarks? Did everyone get their same stateroom? I'm sure, if you all are all travel agents. Why didn't they tell the passengers on this itinerary that they would have to change their staterooms because this trip was changed to the Maiden Voyage. Of course not--didn't happen.

Are we chumps? No way.

We should know something tomorrow about our room. We emailed our reply to our TA and told him we wanted to stay on the revised maiden voyage. We asked him to check and see what room we were changed to. We had a B1, midship. The letter he forwarded to us from Oceania stated that we had been moved into the same category we had. I assume that means we were moved into a B1 category room, which is midship deck 8. I'm sure that wasn't always possible in the higher categories though since there aren't as many of them. I'm sorry you were not able to get at least the same category as you had.

Are we chumps? No way.

Funny you should ask that, because I just found out that I didn't get my same stateroom, and it was a cabin that I have been counting on for months.

Penthouse%20Suite%20(PH1)_%20marina.jpg

We haven't sailed in a Penthouse since '05, but Jancruz showed me hers on the Marina, and I was so impressed that I decided to try one out on our next shorter cruise. We like to entertain, in the cabin, and on a longer cruise with more sea days, we need more space.

Anyway, when the original Maiden Voyage turned out to be ten days without a sea day, we called on the very first day that the Riviera bookings opened (at 7AM yet) and actually got 7135, one of those penthouses at the back of the ship with the huge wrap around verandas, and I have been bragging about it, ever since.

141159.jpg202531.jpg

Long story short, both 7130 and 7135 were apparently already taken when they tried to move us over, and I am heartbroken.

The worst part is thinking that somebody might have booked those cabins, because I never got done saying how fantastic they are on these boards.

Do you suppose that the moral to my story is "Pride goeth before a Fall" or "Keep your big mouth shut"?

crying-work-dammit.jpg

JIM/STAN,

All I can say is that if we hadn't cancelled already you could have had OUR PH!

Maybe it was one you wouldn't have wanted ... there's always that risk.

Mura

;)

I am sure the "powers that be" would not just change the sailing for no good reason

Some may think they did on purpose just to upset their loyal passengers:eek:

Maybe when the dust settles you will get your cabin back

Some will cancel if the ports are changed, some will cancel for other reasons

It will be disappointing for some who planned specific dates for their vacation but there is plenty of time to reschedule plans.

Sometimes life just throws you a curve ball just catch it & move on

I would rather be on the ship without the workmen ;)

Lyn

map-lg-RVA120424.jpg Fabulous!

Naomi- How fabulous is this new itinerary?

Sorry to jump in here but has the Itinerary changed ie have the April 24 ports changed or are they still the same as they started out as. Please remember I am in Australia - and we get no info and have not even been advised of the cancellation yet by anyone. My TA has not been advised by Oceania either - she is trying to follow it up as I type. All I know is what I have read on CC and an email from a US CC friend. Is it posted on any website etc

Do you think I can assume that seeing I was already on the April 24 th cruise I would retain my cabin?? Thanks J & S (again)

Sorry to jump in here but has the Itinerary changed ie have the April 24 ports changed or are they still the same as they started out as. Please remember I am in Australia - and we get no info and have not even been advised of the cancellation yet by anyone. My TA has not been advised by Oceania either - she is trying to follow it up as I type. All I know is what I have read on CC and an email from a US CC friend. Is it posted on any website etc

Do you think I can assume that seeing I was already on the April 24 th cruise I would retain my cabin?? Thanks J & S (again)

Hi rhohea,

As far as I can tell, the April 24th itinerary is the same.

The April 14th Rivieria maiden voyage is now moved to the April 24th sailing, so I would assume that your cabin will be the same. Our TA forwarded the letter from Oceania and it stated that they had moved us into the same category on the new voyage that we had on the original maiden voyage (April 14th). We probably won't have the exact same cabin though.

The answer to your question is a Long story Rhonda.

The cruise was announced as you see it here, then during the recent troubles in Egypt, ports were cancelled and then reinstated.

Right now, we are back to the original cruise again.

HEY~ We're finally going to sail together! Hooray for us! :D

Yes, we will! We will all have to have a 'Jim-tini' or two together! :)

Come on, don't make it harder for those of us who won't be able to enjoy one with you. Make sure you have one for us.

Cenia

I'm so sorry for those of you who were looking forward to the original itinerary, or can't change the time of your vacation.

For those of you continuing on, congratulations. This looks like a superior itinerary to us. We'd been in almost all the ports on the original MV, and we were fortunate to be on the Marina's MV, so when the great deal for the Panama Canal O voyage in Nov/Dec became available we jumped ship to do a "bucket list" cruise instead.

Have a great time on the "new" MV!!!

Cheers, Kay

Fabulous new itinerary. One of the reasons I did not consider the Riviera Maiden Voyage was that the original itinerary was IMO "same old same old." The new itinerary is one I have been hoping to take and if I weren't on a May 2012 Nautica sailing I might have tried to at least get on the wait list for the MV.

I think you have all lucked out -- even without the OBC and the longer itinerary.

Fabulous new itinerary. One of the reasons I did not consider the Riviera Maiden Voyage was that the original itinerary was IMO "same old same old." The new itinerary is one I have been hoping to take and if I weren't on a May 2012 Nautica sailing I might have tried to at least get on the wait list for the MV.

I think you have all lucked out -- even without the OBC and the longer itinerary.

Laraine-

We feel exactly the same way about the new itinerary. Stan, in particular, is over the moon. He was pushing for this cruise over the original maiden voyage, from the word go, but we "compromised". Now we don't have to :D

Off topic:

day.gif?0You're the only Laraine, I've ever come across. Were you named after Laraine Day? I always thought that she was lovely.......and one of the greatest speaking voices in movies.

Laraine-

day.gif?0You're the only Laraine, I've ever come across. Were you named after Laraine Day? I always thought that she was lovely.......and one of the greatest speaking voices in movies.

OMG -- you are old enough to know (and I am old enough to have been named after her). Actually I have met several "Laraines" over the course of my life and our mothers all had the same idea. All these Laraines are about my age as well.

There is also Laraine Newman (Saturday Night Live). Her mother also had the same idea.

And actress Laraine Stephens (lesser known)

OMG -- you are old enough to know (and I am old enough to have been named after her). Actually I have met several "Laraines" over the course of my life and our mothers all had the same idea. All these Laraines are about my age as well.

There is also Laraine Newman (Saturday Night Live). Her mother also had the same idea.

And actress Laraine Stephens (lesser known)

Of course I know Laraine Day! Aside from being Dr. Kildares' loyal nurse in the movies, she was Mrs. Leo Durocher!

leo-durocher-lorraine-day-1947-original-wire-photo_83e84d02e80a06ba713f3c00b98ddb89.jpg

If you have a spare half hour, or so, you might enjoy hearing Mr. & Mrs. Durocher when the guested on the "Breakfast with Dorothy & Dick" radio program in 1947. http://ia700402.us.archive.org/10/items/Singles_And_Doubles_Singles_A-C/47-04-26xxxBreakfastwithDorothyandDick.mp3

Gosh I'm old :p

Of course I know Laraine Day! Aside from being Dr. Kildares' loyal nurse in the movies, she was Mrs. Leo Durocher!

leo-durocher-lorraine-day-1947-original-wire-photo_83e84d02e80a06ba713f3c00b98ddb89.jpg

If you have a spare half hour, or so, you might enjoy hearing Mr. & Mrs. Durocher when the guested on the "Breakfast with Dorothy & Dick" radio program in 1947. http://ia700402.us.archive.org/10/items/Singles_And_Doubles_Singles_A-C/47-04-26xxxBreakfastwithDorothyandDick.mp3

Gosh I'm old :p

You have made my day. Whenever someone comments on the unusual spelling of my name, I ask them if they know the origin. Most people are clueless, a few get the Dr. Kildare association, but NO ONE ever gets the Mrs. Leo Durocher. I want to be on your trivia team some day. Well done!

Archived