Nieuw Amsterdam accesible cabin J1074 Main Deck

CarolZaga

Can anyone comment on accessible cabin J1074 (Main Deck) on the NA? According to the deck plans, the Queen's Lounge is above and it appears that J1074 is slightly outside of the range of the Lounge. Can anyone comment on noise. Also, does it have a sofa or just chairs since it is an accessible cabin? I currently have J1073 (starboard) reserved since my husband is disabled and cannot get into a tub and the J cabins have showers only. My husband who suffered a stroke can manage the "step up" into bathroom, but it certainly would be easier for him he if he didn't have the "step up"; hence the reason my questions regarding J1074.

Ruth -- just wanted to thank you once again for all of the assistance and comments on cabins! You and others have been of such immense help!;)

Thank you for saying that, Carol. I wish I could give you some information on the accessible cabin furniture, but I've never visited in one.

I have, however, stayed on starboard side, under the Queen's Lounge, many, many times. That's where I want to be! The lounge shuts down early (around 11:00), so is quiet, compared to being under the Northern Lights, or some of the other venues. I would not want to be under Northern Lights. I expect the bass would reverb right through the ceiling.

Can anyone comment on accessible cabin J1074 (Main Deck) on the NA? According to the deck plans, the Queen's Lounge is above and it appears that J1074 is slightly outside of the range of the Lounge. Can anyone comment on noise. Also, does it have a sofa or just chairs since it is an accessible cabin? I currently have J1073 (starboard) reserved since my husband is disabled and cannot get into a tub and the J cabins have showers only. My husband who suffered a stroke can manage the "step up" into bathroom, but it certainly would be easier for him he if he didn't have the "step up"; hence the reason my questions regarding J1074.

Ruth -- just wanted to thank you once again for all of the assistance and comments on cabins! You and others have been of such immense help!;)

If you need specific pictures of this room, contact the Access and Compliance dept and they can provide pictures of that specific room. If they don't readily have them, they can ask the ship and you'll still have the images you seek within a few days time.

If the main need is shower only then any J stateroom will do that, but if the step is a determining factor you would certainly be better with an accessible room. Access and Compliance would be able to help further :)

Thank you for saying that, Carol. I wish I could give you some information on the accessible cabin furniture, but I've never visited in one.

I have, however, stayed on starboard side, under the Queen's Lounge, many, many times. That's where I want to be! The lounge shuts down early (around 11:00), so is quiet, compared to being under the Northern Lights, or some of the other venues. I would not want to be under Northern Lights. I expect the bass would reverb right through the ceiling.

Queens Lounge may occasionally go til around midnight. The HAL Cats typically do a live set in the Queen's Lounge from 10pm-12mn. Depending on nighttime habits, it may or may not be an issue for folks (if you're up there listening, the noise doesn't matter :) )

Like I said---it closes down early.

As opposed to 2am for Northern Lights or 1-2am-ish for the Piano Bar, correct. But 11pm can line up pretty well for folks that have late dining and second show for everything to end. If you head to bed at 11 and there's another hour of potential disturbance in the form of some bass coming through the floor (it's not bad as far as I'm considered, but people are all different), that would be great info for someone to have :)

Archived