Independence of the Ses - RCI

amajaa

Hi all, I 'm posting in here as most of the RCI forum seems to be from USA cruisers.

Anyone know what the best deck to get a balcony cabin in this ship is pelase. Also what's the general feeling about it, any pros and cons, I've cruised on P & O only before. Thinking of a crusie early next year on Independence of the seas.

Thanks for you help in advance

Hi all, I 'm posting in here as most of the RCI forum seems to be from USA cruisers.

Anyone know what the best deck to get a balcony cabin in this ship is pelase. Also what's the general feeling about it, any pros and cons, I've cruised on P & O only before. Thinking of a crusie early next year on Independence of the seas.

Although I've been on Indy, I can't say which balcony cabin is the best.

I can however say that for a midday snack on the ship, you're better off going down to the Sorrento's snack bar, and much less of a scrum as well than Windjammer.

Also, if you have a day where you just want to find some peace and quiet, no noise, muzak or anything, take a trip up to the bow of the ship. It's so peaceful up there..

ScrozUK

We just got back from Indy 2 wks ago ! We had a D1 Balcony on Deck 7 towards the Aft on Port side (7676) and found this to be our favourite location of all the 4 RCI cruises we have now done - we have previously done Deck 11, 10 & 9) . No noise at all, a sofa bed for our 14 yr old Son. We have just booked for Indy again for next yr and have again chosen Deck 7 - but this time on Starboard just for a change...

To give someone advice as to which is the best deck is quite difficult as we all have different preferences, but for us Deck 7 is definitely our favourite !!!

Hope this helps...

Oh & PS... I agree with Scrozuk - sitting up on the helicopter pad is fab, whether its watching the stars at night or just chilling during the day, it is a suprisingly quiet place !!!

• 2 weeks later...

I just got back on Saturday from the Independence and had a fabulous trip. just booked for next year. We had an oceanview stateroom on deck 2 this time but I've opted for an E2 balcony on deck 7 for the next one on the hump, it seemed like the best option for the best price.

I thought the ship was fantastic, all the facilities wonderful, the crew were amazing (and Joff Eaton the Cruise Director is a legend), the shows top class, the only letdown was the quality of the food. There was plenty of it, I just didnt think the quality was quite there. In fact I went to get weighed on Monday night at my slimming club and hadn't put on a single lb which is very unlike me,although all the walking around the ship, taking the stairs and excursions probably helped.

Hi Susan,

as you can see, I have cruised on Indy a number of times and I would recommend deck 10 for your cabin. Fabulous views and near the pool deck, Windjammer, etc

Kind reghards,

John.

RCI policy for smoking on balconies which has given to many complaints from non smokers especially from the Indy,could this be due to more balconies?

Each person has the right, but this day and age they should address this policy.

Celebrity has.

I loved my deck 9 aft cabin on the Indy. The room was a little small but the balcony was huge. It had two chairs, two sunloungers and plenty of spare room. It was partially covered so we could sit out when it was raining and sunbathe when it was sunny.

The people next to us smoked often but we rarely got the smell travelling to our balcony (so different to the usual balcony cabins when you can smell someone smoking 8 or 9 cabins away).

Bad points to the aft is you feel the motion more and the distance to the stairs/elevators is further (I count it as good exercise but those who struggle with walking might not benefit from it).

Archived