Earliest flight from New York after arrival?

kinshasa

What is the earliest flight home that is safe to book after arriving in New York on QM2?

We have an option of leaving 11:10 a.m. or 3:59 p.m. from JFK.

I am going to check with the travel agent but thought I'd get opinions here as well.

What is the earliest flight home that is safe to book after arriving in New York on QM2?

We have an option of leaving 11:10 a.m. or 3:59 p.m. from JFK.

I am going to check with the travel agent but thought I'd get opinions here as well.

The 11.10 flight could be tight although self disembarking would have you off at around 7am so you should make it ok. It is only a 45 minute ride against the flow of traffic unless there is a jam. As Harry Callahan once said "do you feel lucky, well do you?"

I will be on the August 15 WB TA. I asked this very question when I booked. Initially the Cunard agent here in the U.S. said 1:00, then she ammended it to 12:15. My choice was from LGA either 11:55 or 3:30 flights so I chose to play it safe. Now I'm sure numerous responses will follow saying 11:55 was fine, Cunard will put me on the transfer coach at the crack of dawn even though I advised them of my later flight time...

Personally I would go for the afternoon flight, unless you can self embark at say 7.30-7.45a.m. and be sure of getting private transport to the airport

I can only relate, my own experience earlier this year. I had to be at the Chart Room at 8a.m, I was there but no staff, they did not arrive until 8.30. Then we waited and waited and waited, Finally left the ship at 9.30, then found that the US Citizen line was filled with international passengers needing finger printing and paper checking. Got to bus at 10.a.m. then driver had trouble fitting luggage into the storage on the bus.

Passengers on a 11+ flight were going crazy (this was at Ft Lauderdale off the QV)Although the airport was only 10 mins away. we did not leave the port until 10.30!

When we finally arrived at the airport, driver said he could not park outside the air line entrances, he insisted on going to the end of the terminal, there were no carts and no porters. I was a long walk dragging the cases to check them in , then of course there was security to go through

People missed their flights. There were long lines at the security check in .

I was pleased that my own flight was not until 1.45p.m.

Archived