Time difference traveling to Canada

lilkrz

I'll be on the Glory going to Canada.

I need to know does the ship have you change your time to one hour ahead so you're on Canada time when you get there or do they tell you to stay on ship time?

Canada has the same time zones America has...

Most of Canada does, however, both Nova Scotia and New Brunswick are in the Atlantic Time Zone and are one hour ahead of us. If it is 1:00pm here it is 2:00pm in both of those ports.

The ship explains fully the time difference and it is also listed in the dily papers that you get. Don't worry they will remind you.

I'll be on the Glory going to Canada.

I need to know does the ship have you change your time to one hour ahead so you're on Canada time when you get there or do they tell you to stay on ship time?

hey we don't have Canada Time ya know eh!! We have the same time zones as you...:D:D

Thanks for explaining the time zones.

My concern is does the ship have us change our clocks to the new time zone or do we stay on ship time. I want to book my tour before I go privately so I need to know the correct time I'll be off the ship based on the cruise lines direction.

I did a Scandanvian cruise and we changed our watches four times.

Anyone who has been recently on this 5 day cruise to Canada please let me know how the time works.

Thanks

Six Canada cruises (most recently last month) and we've always stayed on ship time. On land, they'll be one hour ahead. Most tour operators who work with cruise passengers know about the difference - we booked a private tour in Halifax several years ago and the tour operator was waiting for us in the terminal at the scheduled time (he gave us both his time and our time):)

Ha ha ha, I am going to be cheeky and mention that if it wasn't for Sir Sanford Flemming we wouldn't have 24 different time zones!!!!!

This being said, do not fear, the Fun Times will tell you to stay on ships time and if there is a difference of one hour ahead no worry, it just means you might beat the crowds!!!!

Since you're leaving from New York the ship time will be Eastern time. As long as you follow that time and not the time zone for your POC, you shouldn't miss the ship.

If you don't live in a place with EST, i would set your watch to it. We live in CT so both cruises I was able to use my iPod as a clock without changing the time, and it was only a few minutes faster than ship time, which is displayed on a clock in every stairwell.

Ha ha ha, I am going to be cheeky and mention that if it wasn't for Sir Sanford Flemming we wouldn't have 24 different time zones!!!!!

This being said, do not fear, the Fun Times will tell you to stay on ships time and if there is a difference of one hour ahead no worry, it just means you might beat the crowds!!!!

According to Wikipedia...........

1. Sandford Fleming was not the first to propose universal time and worldwide standard time zones. Both were invented 21 years earlier by the Italian mathematician Quirico Filopanti in his book Miranda! published in 1858. However, his idea was unknown outside the pages of his book until long after his death, so it did not influence the adoption of time zones during the 19th century. Filopanti proposed 24 hourly time zones, which he called "longitudinal days", the first centered on the meridian of Rome. He also proposed a universal time to be used in astronomy and telegraphy. See Quirico Filopanti from the University of Bologna, Italy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandford_Fleming

Archived