Norwegian Sky or RCL Majesty of the Seas

Help! I'm a pretty seasoned cruiser but I'm doing a quick cruise (3 night) out of Miami to the Bahamas. Traveling with elderly parents. Which boat should we reserve the Norwegian Sky or the RCCL Maesty of the Seas. Which has the better food? Which is the prettier boat? Any insights you can provide would be much appreciated.

In your case, I suggest the Majesty. It's the prettier ship and although still a 3 night cruise, probably the most subdued of the 2. Sky is a great ship with a lot to do, but definitely more geared toward a young crowd.

I have not cruised on the Sky but can tell you Majesty is awesome, good food and great service. Deck 9 has good size rooms which really doesn't come into play since hopefully you will be enjoying the shows and the food.

These ships have virtually the same itinerary, and are priced within a few bucks of each other. That leaves Service, amenities, accomodations, and overall feel as the deciding factors.

One thing I have noticed is that the shorter the cruise, the less time you spend in your cabin. It's like you know you only have 3 days and want to cram in as much as possible. On the longer trips, by day 4 or 5 you are more settled in and more willing to spend some time in your stateroom. That being said, stateroom size really doesn't matter so much for a 3 nite cruise.

That leaves service, amenities, and overall feel.

Based on my previous NCL sailings, and my recent Majesty sailing, I would say it is a coin flip.

Archived