getting on/off boat during stingray excursion

jensue1

Does anyone ever have any difficulty getting on and off the boat once you are at the stingray 'island'? I really really want to do this excursion but am worried I will have trouble getting back on boat. Is the ladder they use lowered quite low into the water or do you need to 'hoist' yourself right up for the first step?

Which shore excursion did you use that was easy to get back on the boat?

When we went we used Moby Dick's and they had a small stairway not a ladder. The water was only waist high. If you wait to get in a few minutes you will have it to yourself and be able to take your time too. Also on the boat it was bench seating. Nobody sat on the floor of the boat.

When we went we used Moby Dick's and they had a small stairway not a ladder. The water was only waist high. If you wait to get in a few minutes you will have it to yourself and be able to take your time too. Also on the boat it was bench seating. Nobody sat on the floor of the boat.

Oh that sounds good. I might investigate them. Thanks :)

We have only used the private excursions. There is one that used a cateraman--It had a picture of it on website. I think it was red and white? That was much easier. I am not cordinated and have bad back. The ladder and crew--very good. We went with them twice. The last one I used was a boat with someone else. It was more difficult and the ride was not as pleasant. Just my opinion.

I used the Carnival excursion and had no problems. I have bad knees/shoulder, so I don't want to have to haul myself up or down, but it wasn't an issue. I went with my two sisters [both in their 70s] and they had no trouble getting on or off, although one had trouble keeping her balance in the sand. Then we went to Rum Point and had a nice 90 minute relax at the beach!

Hope this helps.

I have used Captain Marvin every time there and they are great like most of the tour companies. What you can do if you book a private one is to e-mail them with your concerns before committing to them and see what they have to say. As mentioned though, the crew members will be more than glad to help you. You are going to love Stingray City.

Just wanted to thank everyone for your replies. I feel so much better now and will join my friend on an excursion to "Stingray City" (is that what it's called?) and not miss out on it because I'm scared of being embarrassed having trouble getting back onto the boat :o.

Thanks again.

Just wanted to thank everyone for your replies. I feel so much better now and will join my friend on an excursion to "Stingray City" (is that what it's called?) and not miss out on it because I'm scared of being embarrassed having trouble getting back onto the boat :o.

Thanks again.

You'll be really happy you made that decision. I'm heading there in November. Hope to see some of my olf "friends". LOL.

Archived