Can we transfer onboard credit to our childrens room?

Hi Everyone

We are cruising onboard the Sun Princess in Jan with our children (16 & 20). We have two cabins, both of which have onboard credit. Are we able to use our credit to pay for the kids shore excursions? We have more than their cabin and thought they could use theirs for drinks and then we could use ours for excursions.

Also, any advice/suggestions for our 16 year old daughter in regards to what's onboard for her age group, would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kerry :)

When we travelled on the Volendam, we were able to join both cabins' account to the one cabin account and used the OBC we got for both cabins to pay off the entire bill. Would think the same would apply on other lines :)

Thanks SiD for your information. This is the first time cruising with our children and the first time we have had two cabins. When we cruised with Princess in 2009 they set up two accounts for my husband & I and wouldn't combine them, even though we were in one cabin. It took a lot of effort to remember who had what on each sea pass (we put down cash at the start of the cruise). Let's hope things have changed.

Hi fayfam,

My kids & I are on this cruise too! :D

My daughter turns 16 a few days after we get back, & my son's just turned 13...they'll probably spend a lot of their time in the teen lounge/club ('Remix' - for 13-17 yo)...either that, or once they've met some other teens they'll just 'hang out' with them!

I'm not able to help you with your onboard account question though, as we've only cruised together in the one cabin!

There's Roll Call for this one too, if you fancy joining...the more, the merrier! :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1308171

Cheers!

Thanks SiD for your information. This is the first time cruising with our children and the first time we have had two cabins. When we cruised with Princess in 2009 they set up two accounts for my husband & I and wouldn't combine them, even though we were in one cabin. It took a lot of effort to remember who had what on each sea pass (we put down cash at the start of the cruise). Let's hope things have changed.

That is interesting. HAL was pretty good with our accounts as I had booked my DD and myself in the one cabin and my hubby and MIL in the other cabin as I was not sure if there would be an issue with my DD not being with a parent registered in the cabin. We had interconnecting cabins and swapped around with hubby and I in one cabin and my DD and my MIL in the other. HAL was happy to transfer the sea credits we gained through the onboard spending from my DD to my husband as it was only given to the 1st 2 passengers in the cabin and since we had combined the accounts, it was on the account for the cabin that my DD and I were booked in. :) I guess you could always ring and ask them or do what TBM suggests:)

If you can't combine the other thing you could try to do is put the charges for excursions through to your cards/account.

Thanks. I'll give that a go when the shore excursions are available.

Hi fayfam,

My kids & I are on this cruise too! :D

My daughter turns 16 a few days after we get back, & my son's just turned 13...they'll probably spend a lot of their time in the teen lounge/club ('Remix' - for 13-17 yo)...either that, or once they've met some other teens they'll just 'hang out' with them!

I'm not able to help you with your onboard account question though, as we've only cruised together in the one cabin!

There's Roll Call for this one too, if you fancy joining...the more, the merrier! :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1308171

Cheers!

Good to hear there will be other girls her age. I have popped into the roll call a couple of times and I check it everyday. I suppose there will be more activity closer to the date. We are starting to get very excited how about you? See you over at the roll call.

Archived