Temperature on west bound transatlantic

Petunia1950

Can anyone tell us what the temperature might be on a west bound transatlanic from Spain to the U.S. when the ship is in the middle of the Atlantic? We're on Voyager at the end of October and are trying to decide what clothes to bring for deck or balcony wear.

Hi Petunia!

RCCL shows average temps in Cadiz, our last stop in Spain. 56 for a high and 36 for a low.

In the Azores, 67 high and 57 low. Warmer sea breezes on the islands. Now for the TA, who knows? One thing we know, the closer to NOLA we get, the warmer it should be. That's a hot town!

Sea you back over on our Voyager thread.

Rick and Deirdra

We have completed several TA's, even in December, and never had cold weather. I take Chico's travelers and a shawl as well as my formal clothes and have never needed more. The last TA I never used my shawl.

During the day I always wear nice warm ups, sometime over a swimsuit. My favorite warm ups I purchased on the Voyager and plan to get more on the Mariner as I wear them at home.

We have completed several TA's, even in December, and never had cold weather. I take Chico's travelers and a shawl as well as my formal clothes and have never needed more. The last TA I never used my shawl.

Thanks! That's very helpful information.

If you dress in layers you should be able to handle any conditions and temperatures. Weather is totally unpredictable and you can't expect that what occurred the same time last year will occur this season and that is true on land as well as at sea.:) Or westbound TAs have been in early to mid-September and we have experienced a wide range of temperatures and weather conditions.

Bill

The Atlantic is at its warmest in October after a full summer. A TA from the Mediterranean or Spain will be in 70's degree waters virtually the whole way - meaning the air temps would be the same. From northern Europe, the first few days would be somewhat cooler, but still pretty comfortable.

Archived