Tips Being Added

I have no idea what you mean, but when HAL had their tipping not required, there were no service charges. In fact cruise staff weren't allowed to even give out suggested amounts for tips.

Nor were they allowed to even think about "trolling." if they did, instant disembarkation I was told. I think that is why they asked me at the desk if I felt pressured into tipping anyone.

Ironically, the worse cabin steward I have ever had either before or after that cruise was on the Volendam in 1990. I had tipped up front $20 with a few requests when he introduced himself like two daily newsletters, empty the mini-bar (not done), and extra hangers (delivered at 9:00 that night). In concierge class no less. It took us two days of requesting and a trip to the front desk to get a bar of soap. He took our uneaten chocolates that were on our bedside table. No additional tip for him at the end of the cruise.

Tucker in Texas

Exactly same for us, unless MTD. Tom, we met on NCL Jade on a 14 nighter from Southampton into Med probably 3 years ago, and enjoyed your company. Pity your VoS cruise is October, we are on same 17th September.

Kind regards, and trust you are both well.

Hi Hamrag nice to hear from you again it is a pity we arent on the same cruise agin it would be nice to meet up, I do remember Jade and all the fuss that folks went to in order to get the Grats taken off their account, it was a disgrace and an excuse not to pay, but thats for their conscience not ours.

take care

ps there is still availability on the Voyager TA

FYI, on my Oasis booking for this September, was assigned MTD as Main Seating was not available and I was wait listed. RCCL charged me the mandatory tips for MTD but told my TA that if if seating assignment changed to Main seating, my credit card would be credited for the tips. I did get my Main seating assignment and received my credit card statment yesterday and RCCL was true to their word, there was a credit on my VISA for the charge for the tips.

Dave

Archived