Towel animals on Sapphire

ActiveTraveler

Princess doesn't do towel animals nor have they done them for decades, if at all. I've certainly never seen them. Occasionally, a steward who has perhaps worked on another cruiseline will make them but it's unusual and not expected. In my case, unwanted. I've had bad experiences on other cruiselines with stewards opening the drawers and taking my personal items out to "decorate" the towel animal. I felt violated and wondered what else they were looking for in my closed drawers.

They don't do that, anymore. They just use sunglasses, etc. that might be on the desk or vanity. I think too many people complained. They won't even use your nightgown, etc even if they are out in the open.

We have gotten towel animals almost every night on Carnival. Won't ruin my cruise not to have them on Princess, but my friend who is coming with me has never cruised Princess. Not sure if she will care.

It never put the steward behind, either. We usually get our rooms cleaned and turned down, etc like ghosts--always accomplished, rarely seen.:D

We had towel animals last year on the CB....elephant, swan, and snail and no, there were no children in our cabin. No decorations or personal items were on them. Our steward was great and the best one we had up to that point. They were actually quite nice :) We did have them this year on our Royal cruise and our steward used personal items that were laying around. I guess we just act younger than we really are...LOL!

Archived