What's the best night for the steakhouse?

EZ1966

On a 7-day Western Caribbean cruise...what's the best night for dining at the steakhouse? Not interested in the free bottle of wine on the first night. Would value the opinions of those experienced cruisers! Thanks!:rolleyes:

I enjoy the steakhouse midweek... Wednesday for a Sunday departure... as a nice 'reward.'

Whatever night you chose you'll have a fabulous time!!!

:)

Agreed. Wednesday seems to work out best for us. The steakhouse, or other specialty restaurants, are a highlight of the cruise experience for us. But then so are the formal nights in the main dining room. So we try to schedule the steakhouse midweek. Also, try to allow a little more time for dinner in the steakhouse. You may find that they suggest about 2 hours. Enjoy it!

In my opinion, the quality of the food declines over the course of the cruise. My guess is that this has something to do with food storage, but I don't know. As a consequence, we hit the steakhouse towards the end of the week.

Honestly... the steakhouse was the best for us when we weren't planning on going and turned to each other in the middle of the day and said "Man, I could go for a big steak tonight"....

It always tastes the best when you're hungry and in the mood for it. We will always wing it from here on out....

personally I've decided to go on the port day where we depart latest, as I like to watch the ship sail away. For example, on our upcoming cruise the latest we depart from a port in at 6 from Grand Cayman. Now we have early seating in the dining room, so those two events would conflict. By having a reservation for the steakhouse after 6, there is no issue with missing anything.

Embarkation Day. There is always so much confusion in the M D R the first night. It is always so good, so another night is in order. The service seems to be even better. But I never miss the M D R on Formal / Elegant Night.

Archived