Which ship???

gammasip

If you could book ANY Carnival Ship for the Caribbean, which one and why?

Eastern or Western?

So many ships, so many ports, so many choices!

HELP PLEASE!!!

If you are looking for advice, I suggest Miracle out of Ft. Lauderdale to St. Maarten, St. Lucia, and St. Kitts. Four sea days on a wonderful ship and three beautiful ports. What more can a person ask for? (It's my favorite cruise so far.)

Eastern or Western?

HELP PLEASE!!!

Just depends on what is most important on your cruise.

Is it the ship itself?(big or smaller?)

The ports of call? (and how many?)

What do you enjoy doing in ports? (shopping, scuba, snorkeling, historical tours, mayan ruins, etc..)

Hard to make decent recomendations without knowing this information.

Bill

We faced the same dilemma. We've never sailed Carnival before. We picked Liberty Western because:

Price- it was very cheap for our week ($259 per person)

Look of the ship- I looked at picture of the Liberty and it just looks gorgeous!

Liberty is doing a dry dock in Oct. which means things will be all new and clean for our trip in Dec.

Reviews- we read tons of reviews on ships and Liberty seems to be one of the highest rated of Carnival's fleet

We picked Western because:

The Liberty traveled to the Western carib the week we wanted to travel

We'd already gone Eastern on another ship (Disney Magic) and wanted to try something new

We are huge history buffs and wanted to see some good Mayan ruins.

I can't tell you if we've chosen correctly yet, because we haven't sailed yet. However, that is how we came to our decision. Good luck with yours.

The best cruise we've ever taken on Carnival was aboard the Liberty to the Eastern Caribbean (San Juan, St. Thomas and St. Maarten). Great ship, great ports, 3 days at sea to relax.

The Breeze, because I've been on Dream (sister ship), and that was my favorite ship, but I also like going on different ships. As far as itinerary, I want something that I haven't been to, like Grand Turk & Tortola. And while I'm at it, it would be nice to have a cove balcony for that cruise. Oh, wait! All this is exactly what I've got booked!!!:cool:

well... we just did the Liberty eastern and then got back and booked the Liberty western... so I guess my answer would be the Liberty. She's beautiful and we had a great time..

Other ships on my radar are the Victory (booked) because of the Southern route and the Breeze because it looks like it's going to be beautiful and one of the itineraries goes to Curacao and Aruba... two places that are on the "list"

Eastern or Western?

HELP PLEASE!!!

any of the three remaining spirit class vessels that sail there. best class of ship carnival has, even used as the model for the last two cunard queens.

the legend and the pride are the 2 best. the miracle is a bit odd in decor, but still ok.

If you are looking for advice, I suggest Miracle out of Ft. Lauderdale to St. Maarten, St. Lucia, and St. Kitts. Four sea days on a wonderful ship and three beautiful ports. What more can a person ask for? (It's my favorite cruise so far.)

I second that - great itin. and the Spirit class ships are designed very well.

That's the cruise we we did in April. Glad we got that chance because the Miracle is now year round from NY. No more Miracle from Ft Lauderdale to St Maarten, St Lucia, & St Kitts.

Sharon

I would go with the Miracle. I love the Miracle and Pride for their size and ease of getting around. But I like the decor of the Miracle better. Now the decor of the Valor on a ship the same class as the Miracle or Pride and I would have a hard time booking a different ship. But I wasn't into all of the naked people on the walls of the Pride. Yes I know that it was artwork..but..it is a family ship and although I didn't find it offensive..it just was not my favorite. With that said..I would not hesitate to book the Pride again. But I do love the Miracle. We are going on her again next October after she moves back to NYC.

The Breeze looks amazing, but doesn't set sail until 2012. The Dream looks beautiful too! I'm wondering if these ships are too big???

I agree that the Liberty is a beautiful ship. We sailed her in the Mediterranean and LOVED it.

Now I need to check out that "balcony cove".....hmmm.....

There are just so many choices to pick from...that's why I asked for your comments.

THANK YOU for each comment and opinion. I will let you know what we pick. We're hoping to make a decision in the next few days.

:)

O.K. what's the difference between a "balcony cove" stateroom and a regular balcony?

I did a search on the CC website, but it keeps coming up "error". :(

they are cavelike recessed balconies that have "doors" that may have to be closed during bad weather. they are down near the waterline.

I loved the Legend so much, that I'm taking a repeat cruise on it. Same itinerary too! (Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, and Grand Cayman). I loved the variety of areas and the theme of the ship. When I cruise, it’s a requirement for me that there be a dedicated disco/club (medusa’s lair is 2 floors w/ an overlook and video DJ wall) and a piano bar (not one that’s just part of a lounge/hall area). The bonus on this one is that there are so many balcony rooms, that they are actually affordable. I didn’t get the balcony last time, but am looking forward to experiencing it on my repeat cruise in October!

they are cavelike recessed balconies that have "doors" that may have to be closed during bad weather. they are down near the waterline.

Oh, o.k. Thanks for the info! I did see a picture of it but couldn't figure out what was different.

JenaMH....I've sailed the Legend three times. I love the layout of the ship.

Looks like we are leaning towards the Dream...............................

:)

Archived