Flying on Thanksgiving?

agc291

We are on the Destiny cruise leaving Thanksgiving Day out of Miami and are currently looking at our flight options. As of now, it is 3x or more cheaper to leave morning of (Thanksgiving Day) at 6 am, getting in MIA at 8 am then to leave Tuesday evening or anytime on Wednesday. I know that time of year is hectic but I was figuring that thanksgiving day would be less busy than tuesday or wednesday.

Anyone fly on thanksgiving that can give me some insight? I know most dont recommend to fly day of but I am hoping that it is an easy enough flight that it would be no problem:confused:

I don't think I would risk traveling on the day of my cruise, however, I've traveled on Thanksgiving before and it definitely a lot easier and less hectic than the Tuesday or Wednesday before the holiday (I've traveled on those days too!)

As long as you don't have any delays, I'm sure you will be fine, but there are a number of things that could happen to keep a flight grounded. I'm sure you know all of this, so hopefully it works out for you.

Have a great cruise!

We are doing the same thing next year for the Breeze...mosty to avoid the insanity on Wed. We flew home from a cruise on Thanksgiving day and I have never seen the airports so empty (even Atlanta!!). Just make sure it's a non-stop flight. You're far enough south that you shouldn't encounter a big weather issue.

Good luck to both of us!;)

Thanks to all:) Im hoping since it is early enough and non stop that it will be easy breezy... Thanksgiving in Northern VA maybe cold, but it isnt usually snowy. Fingers Crossed:)

IrishLinny-- Good Luck to you as well!

Thanks to all:) Im hoping since it is early enough and non stop that it will be easy breezy... Thanksgiving in Northern VA maybe cold, but it isnt usually snowy. Fingers Crossed:)

Thanks! We flew in the day of a cruise 3 times with no issues, so hoping the same for this one!

Happy cruising!:D

Just have a back up plan. Know what your options are if there are flight delays. Learn what the On Time Reocrd for your flight is and if you can how many times it's been cancelled. Know when the next flight out is to anywhere and how easy it can link up to a connection to Miami.

Thanks! We flew in the day of a cruise 3 times with no issues, so hoping the same for this one!

Happy cruising!:D

IrishLinny you Damn well better not miss that Breeze cruise:D

Archived