How Much Savings for Booking Next Cruise On Board?

rush1169

So, we're leaving in a couple of weeks but would like to plan our next for October 2011. So, looking online the room selections for October are somewhat limited and, I'd assume, will be more limited in 2 weeks. I can book now and lock in my rooms or wait until I'm on board and have to pick from a smaller selection of rooms. We're not decided if we want the Suite (1 left) or 2x adjoining (4 pairs left). If we gamble, and wait to book while on the cruise, what do we typically save? (7 day cruise).

TY!

So, we're leaving in a couple of weeks but would like to plan our next for October 2011. So, looking online the room selections for October are somewhat limited and, I'd assume, will be more limited in 2 weeks. I can book now and lock in my rooms or wait until I'm on board and have to pick from a smaller selection of rooms. We're not decided if we want the Suite (1 left) or 2x adjoining (4 pairs left). If we gamble, and wait to book while on the cruise, what do we typically save? (7 day cruise).

TY!

Book it now, and Buy a Future Cruise Cert. while on board.

Wasting time on your Vacation trying to book a cruise :eek:

FCC gives you $100 OBC and the $100 you buy it with goes to your final payment.

and you don't waste but 2 min. of your Vacation on it.

unless you have friends who are hoping to do your next cruise with you,

than if you book on board, they too would have the opportunity to get OBC. (you get (I think) two vouchers for friends or Family)

If you book before you leave and then buy the FCC on board, there is NO guarantee that they will let you use the FCC on the October cruise.....

That's what I was thinking. I would think if I booked just 6 weeks in advance, they'll want full payment at that time which wouldn't give me time to mail in the credit. . .hmmm. . .

That's what I was thinking. I would think if I booked just 6 weeks in advance, they'll want full payment at that time which wouldn't give me time to mail in the credit. . .hmmm. . .

You can now do them online, though carnival still is working out kinks, so thats not the issue.

The issue is it says FCCs can only be applied to future bookings, (not past bookings) .. so they might give it to you on a already booked cruise, but not for certain, as the small print says not.

Ya, I was thinking Oct of '12...

And I suppose they (Carnival) might not take it if you are already booked as it does say Future.

Although, I did just use one I bought in Jan. for a Cruise I had Semi booked...

Meaning it was booked for a CC group back before they changed the rules about $25 reduced Deposits (Last Oct. I think)

So my booking is with the CC TA, who may or may not have kept the Booking.

So maybe even though I thought I was using it on an Already booked cruise,

maybe Johna was waiting until the full deposit (this week) came in to re book the Cabins

for those of us stuck in the middle of that craziness Carnival tossed to the Group Booking last fall.

And as for the FCC online redemption.

Not really working very good yet, but calling Carnival worked out well. They did it for me over the phone.

I thought you got $100 in onboard credit when you booked onboard for your next cruise (or bought an FCC)- so wouldn't it save her $100 to book it while she's on the next cruise? Am I missing something?

You get $100 OBC if its a 7 day (not with shorter cruises).. but getting OBC is not a discount .. but it is extra money to spend once onboard.

semantics

also the question was how much do you save booking onboard, and the answer is nothing, if you bought the FCC and brought it home, and booked once you were home, you would get the same OBC as booking onboard.

We have seen some good sail prices with OBC when you book while on-board...and you don't have to buy a FCC to get the OBC....But we have always bought plenty of FCC to use after we get home....Just used my last two last night......Dennis

Archived