Use of the Canyon Ranch without a spa treatment

Toonces91360

I am looking forward to an upcoming cruise on Marina and would like to work-out in the Canyon Ranch spa. Are group exercise classes provided? Is there a daily fee, one-time use fee, or is the gym including classes (if any) included in the price of the cruise? I have researched this but I cannot see the info on their website.

I am looking forward to an upcoming cruise on Marina and would like to work-out in the Canyon Ranch spa. Are group exercise classes provided? Is there a daily fee, one-time use fee, or is the gym including classes (if any) included in the price of the cruise? I have researched this but I cannot see the info on their website.

Although use of the exercise equipment is included in your cruise fare, Instructed Classes are offered in the gymnasium on a fee basis, provided that there is sufficient passenger interest and participation.

On our recent Marina cruise, these included Yoga, Pilates and even good old fashioned Aerobics. The spa does not issue a printed price list, which makes me suspect that prices vary.

Inquire at the front desk in the Spa to find out what is being offered on your cruise.

Although use of the exercise equipment is included in your cruise fare, Instructed Classes are offered in the gymnasium on a fee basis, provided that there is sufficient passenger interest and participation.

On our recent Marina cruise, these included Yoga, Pilates and even good old fashioned Aerobics. The spa does not issue a printed price list, which makes me suspect that prices vary.

Inquire at the front desk in the Spa to find out what is being offered on your cruise.

On your bed every evening they usually have the spa specials for the next day..it is always less (and usually a good deal) if you have something done on a port day! Thats when I usually get my massage..

Jancruz1

On our Panama Canal trip on the Regatta at the end of April, I was able to use the exercise room every day and took a number of spinning classes. The use of the exercise room itself did not incur an extra charge but the spinning classes did have a small charge. Other classes were offered. I went up to the exercise room when we boarded and selected the classes I wanted and signed up for them as the number allowed was limited due to the number of bikes they had. Hope this helps!

You can also use the sauna, steam room, and relaxation rooms without a fee.

Since the veranda suite and lower category rooms have, er, compact showers, I used the sauna and wonderful waterfall shower most evenings before dinner...

When we were on Insignia Lands of the Midnight Sun last year, pilates and other exercise classes were free. Has something changed for the R ships or is it just Marina where there is a fee?

As far as I remember there was always a charge to use the Pilates machine in the past

I did not checkout the gym on that cruise I got enough exercise;)

The exercise classes are free on the R-ships or they were

I did not use the gym on Marina so cannot say for sure

lyn

Another gym related question - does the weight room have a cable machine? (I am probably calling it the wrong thing, but its cables with weights and pulls)

Thanks

~A

Yes I believe they do

Marina has some new weight machine

Carsten posted a photo @ Fartplan-27-600x399.jpg

The R-ships have ones with a bench & weights you can adjust to suit your capabilities ;)

Thank you Lyn for the info, and for the picture.

Ok, I admit, I have never seen that type of cable system in the gym - its impressive. It will take me the two weeks to figure the thing out! :eek:

I admit I never used them ;) but it did look interesting

Just back from Nautica and sadly you couldn't pay to use the spa on a daily basis but you could use it before or after a treatment. special offers on treatments every day as someone mentioned above but they are quite expensive - like all ships. Various fee classes such as Pilates and Yoga and no charge for use of the gym or walk a mile (at 7 a.m.!). Didn't find the shower cubicle small at all (ordinary inside cabin) but noticed a few people commenting on it.

Archived