Itinerary change - Goodbye Acapulco

AQW

Got an email tonight stating our 12/03/11 Panama Canal sailing will not call on Acapulco as originally planned, but will visit Puerto Vallarta instead.

Not an unexpected move, given the recent rise in violence in Acapulco, but sad nonetheless. I feel for the people in the area.

awww yeah that stinks if you were really looking forward to that port. Not sure if you've been there before but I have to say though just in my opinion I like puerto vallarta better then acapulco so if you haven't been there before I think your getting the better port now anyways.. I actually have relatives that live in Acapulco and it's just not how it used to be back in the old days- Me and my hubby call it caca pulco now..lol it's just sorta become dirty and sleezy the people are a little more aggressive then in other parts of Mexico not all of course Like i said I have relatives there and when we went there on our cruise last year we did meet some other nice locals. But in general they are little more pushy and aggressive I'd sorta compare them to like "new Yorkers" just a bit more rugged around the edges- I love every place I've ever visited in Mexico except Acapulco.. Just not my cup of tea.

Archived