Acropolis & museum's guides/guided tours

kotman

We intend to do DYI in Athens and I wonder regarding cost of group tour on site (or of private guide)-

somebody has mentioned that there are guides that available at Acropolis (and museums?).

Can someone know how much they charge and are there any group tours that orginized on spot (every hour, twice a day, etc.) and what is their cost?

Thanks!

The guides at the Acropolis charge (I believe) 100 euros for a tour. They will help you get a small group together if you wish. Like most guides in Europe they do not charge a "per person" rate but rather a "per tour" rate.

I haven't seen guides offering tours at the National Archaeological Museum or at the Acropolis museum. Perhaps they exist, but I don't think it's something that's readily available on the spot.

Athens Walking Tours I believe offers a guided tour of the Acropolis museum in the afternoons at 1:45 pm. It lasts about an hour and a half. You can read more about it here:

http://www.athenswalkingtours.gr/

I don't remember seeing separate guides at the Acropolis Museum this past July. It was not crowded at all when we were there and there was no one standing around waiting. We had gotten a guide through Private Greece Tours, Anna, who was with us for the entire day for 200 euros for our group of 9. Certainly well worth it for us since she not only was with us at the Acropolis, but at the Temple of Zeus, the Agora and the Acropolis Museum.

Archived